You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Japanese Spirits At Pulau Ubin

Real Ghost Stories

Japanese Spirits At Pulau Ubin

 

This story happened last week, when my friends and I were camping on Pulau Ubin Beach, Singapore.

I was packing my haversack with food and drinks, my friends and I intend to camp over night on the beach. We met in the port and we were excited because this is the first time we are camping on Pulau Ubin beach.

When we reach there, it was almost evening. We quickly build a tent under a huge coconut tree. Then, we started to build a fire.

We had a hard time starting the fire because we could not find many sticks there. By the time we started the fire, the sun had set. All type of animals were lurking in the darkness. Then, we saw five boats sailing toward us. When they reached the shore, we could see that they are not human, but ghosts. They are almost transparent, arms with long rifles with a bayonet stuck at the tips. When we saw this, we quickly hid in the tent.

There were about twenty of them, and they were dressed like Japanese soldiers in the movies. Then they came across our tents, mumbled some language that we could not understand and walked past. In a few minutes, we heard villagers screaming for help, like they were being killed. Then, we could hear planes zooming above us, and next came an explosion.

After a few minutes, it became silent. We could only hear the wave rushing up to the shore. We then took a look at the environment, and it was normal, no smoke or anything. We quickly packed our stuff and went back home.

The next day, we meet in the National Library where we did research on Pulau Ubin and found out that in the past, the Japanese had invaded Pulau Ubin and killed many innocent villagers. So, what we saw in Pulau Ubin was just spirits roaming around.

Thanks for reading my story! Please leave some comments.

Other hauntings by anikenlee

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Singapore

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, anikenlee, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

bored4life101 (5 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-08-28)
I think I've read this story somewhere like in a book or something, it sounds fimiliar. ^^ But nice story, thanks.
Blisster (7 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-05-30)
Some spirits don't know that they are dead and yet repeating their last moment over and over again.

Thank you for the share.
Silly123 (19 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-01-06)
If you guys were ghost hunters, it would be great. You guys can experience the a historical event... Not to say it was a good event but the experienced itself...
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-09-16)
Wow that did sind kind of scary. Thanks for sharring this story with us. I realy enjoyed reading it. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
Feiaby (4 stories) (31 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-09-13)
That's really a scary story. I'm glad no one was hurt when it happened.

Thanks for sharing it with us. 😉
Tydin (1 stories) (30 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-09-12)
Sounds a lot like the "stone tape" theory. The area almost seems to record a key event and replay it. I don't understand this theory though because how does the enviorment seem to know what to record and why aren't simple things like animals or past events from thousands of years ago also played back? It's very much a riddle wrapped in a enigma!
Diyanuh (2 stories) (39 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-09-12)
wow well I've heard of these things happening before. You and your friends have just been witnesses of a war renactment which are very rare. Well atleast they didn't do nothing to you. Well cool story thanks for sharing it. 😁
HazzardSyndrome (guest)
+1
16 years ago (2008-09-12)
woah, intense!
Did you find out the date of when it actually happened, perhaps it coincides with the anniversary?
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-09-12)
was the screaming and please truly being heard at the point of time you were on the beach or were these also part of the imprint on time you experienced from a previous battle?

Thanks for sharing.

God Bless!
Brownie09 (6 stories) (293 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-09-12)
😢 Wow, talking about an experience. I know it must have been scary for you the first time, at least ya'll weren't hurt, and with that happening that night you did get to look up some Pulau Ubin Beach's history. Thanks for sharing and good story. 😊
ladyannne (11 stories) (91 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-09-11)
Very sad. Pulau Ubin Beach was described as 'killing fields' for the Japanese during their occupation. What an experience! Thanks for sharing it.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: