You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Strange Happenings, Shadows And Kisses

Real Ghost Stories

Strange Happenings, Shadows And Kisses

 

I have never told this on-line, so please be patient with me. I am a mother of three and happily married, but I had an experience in my teenage years that I am still wanting answers for.

Around the age of fourteen, I discovered I could bilocate, only when it involved someone who was very close to my heart, but nevertheless, I could. I wasn't too concerned about it since my mother would have dreams about, well, concerning the future. Around that time, my cousin, who was the same age as myself, and her family started visiting us in Virginia. They were from Louisiana. She and I got along very well except I noticed that there seemed to be an energy between us. The best way to describe it would be like having the same poles of two magnets facing each other. A major clashing.

About a month after her visit, I had some of my cousins from my father's side visiting. We were sleeping in the guest bedroom. I tended to be a night owl at that age and was awake reading. I was lying on my left side and could see something from the corner of my eye. It was like black/grey smoke that backed its head away from the door, as if it didn't want to be caught watching me. I tried to shrug it off and went back to reading. Then I saw it again, out of the corner of my eye, so I turned to look again. Again it backed away. I did the same routine again but this time, I kept my head still and waited to see if it would peek back around the corner. And it did.

Mind you, I was not sleeping, I didn't have the feeling of suffocating due to sleep paralysis or what have you. What I saw was a very angular head, almost as angular as a cat's, but the form was human and tall, no ears no facial characteristics except for the outline. It also had something protruding from it in the shape of a hockey stick, and no, it wasn't a tail, if you can guess what I'm saying. I looked at this thing HEAD ON and the feeling I got was fear, but more than anything else, was anger.

I kept thinking in my head, "How dare you come into my house, you have no right to be here. You will not hurt me or my family," and, "You WILL LEAVE right now." It was as if I could feel my mind screaming at the thing. Now, I don't remember lying back down. I don't remember falling asleep, but to me, it was instantly that I was asleep and I saw an angel. The angel said, "Don't worry, I will protect you."

I didn't have another occurrence for a year. Then the nightmares began. I know this isn't a dream site but as before, please be patient with me and read, then you will see why I have trouble classifying these encounters.

The first one was when I was fifteen. I was asleep in my room and suddenly, I was wide awake. Or it seemed so until I looked down and saw myself sleeping in the bed. I was still in my room, I could see the bathroom light on across the hall (I slept with my door open) and I was watching myself sleep. Then I FELT a presence in the house. I started to yell at myself to wake up. No matter how loud I yelled, I wouldn't wake. When I realized I wouldn't get up, I started to tell my sleeping self that "it" was coming, and no matter what, to not let it do whatever it was wanting to do to me. I kept chanting this over and over again.

Then I turned my head to the doorway of my room. I FELT it come in, rather saw it, yet couldn't see it. I watched myself sleeping on my side with my legs together. This thing started to spread my legs apart while I was on my side. When I realized what its intention was, I started yelling to myself, "Don't you dare let it, don't you dare." over and over again. It got my legs apart but only so far. In my dream, it felt as if I was fighting a force that was using a jack, trying to get them apart, but it didn't get them apart enough.

I SUDDENLY woke. My first instinct was, of course, to run to my parents' room. Even at fifteen, when you get the crap scared out of you, you still need Mom and Dad. So, I started to shoot out of the bed and I couldn't move my legs. My legs felt as if they had been strained beyond belief (and I was very fit being a dancer) so for them to feel like that was something else. I rolled over and waited for the feeling in them to come back. It took awhile, but by that time I had gotten myself back under control. I kept telling myself it was just a dream, until the next morning when I saw my dad.

My dad and I have always been very close. When I saw him the next morning, which was Saturday, he asked if I was ok. I said "Yeah, why?" His response was, "I had a very disturbing dream about you last night. You were in a cave, literally scared to death." I told him about my dream. My dad then asked me if I had any other weird happenings. I told him about the "shadow" I saw. He made a comment about how my cousin had visited before that. I asked what did she have to do with it. He told me how he had spent some time with them in Louisiana and how he had some strange happenings with her, how she literally made a pass at him and told him she had a cave she wanted to show him. He then told me to be careful with her, that her own family has been concerned for her to the point of moving. I told him, "Dad, we get along better than any of the other cousins, why should I worry?" He just said for me to be careful.

I didn't have another dream again until I was sixteen. In this again, I awoke to find myself watching myself sleep, but then before I could tell myself anything, it felt like I was slammed back into my body. My hands were pushed through my brass bed bars and held while I was being so stretched that my back was bowed up. The "it" was straddling my hips. He laid on top of me while holding my hands in place. Again, I knew what it felt, what its facial expressions would've been if I could see his face, but of course, it was still invisible. It leaned its head in close and whispered with anger mixed with a bit of desperation. "When you want me, come to me." Again, I SUDDENLY woke up. And of course, my hands were through my brass bed bars and I was in the same position I was in during my dream.

The next morning, my dad approached me. He didn't ask this time, he looked at me and said, "You had another one." I nodded. He said that he had one, too. It started out with me in the cave, but then he was in a "theater" with my cousin. He said she asked him if I'm enjoying my visitor. He said, "What is it?" Her comment was, "Just something we sent to her." At this point, he woke up.

I didn't have another experience for another year. This night I would have TWO, but it would also be the last night.

The first one was very different. First, it was literally like a dream but I was very coherent in it. My mother was in the dream with me and out of all the people on earth I knew my mother (Pentecostal, as she was) would NEVER lie or hurt me. She was taking me to the doctor. I asked her why. She stated there was something wrong with my heart and that they needed a biopsy of my heart. Something didn't feel right to me about it, but since it was my mother I agreed. We get in the office and this MONSTROUS doctor comes in. He tells me that again, something is wrong with my heart and they need to get a biopsy of it. He then proceeds to tell me they need to go up through my vagina to reach my heart to take it. I look at my mom and she smiles and nods. So I agree. He then happily says he needs to go into the next room to prepare.

When he leaves one of the walls becomes a one way window. I can see out, but the people on the other side can't see me. I see the doctor and there is this huge orgy going on, people chanting and such. The window disappears and he walks back in. Before he touches me I look straight at him and say, " I know what you are and you are NOT going to touch me." My mom disappears and he looks very angry. He starts to say something and I yell, "NO, You are NOT going to touch me!" I realize he tried deception this time to get me and was appalled my mother's image was used as well.

I wake up. Unlike the other dreams, where I stay awake for the rest of the night, I fall back to sleep and frankly don't remember when, but it feels like I did only after a few minutes of being awake. Like the others, I wake to watching myself, but this time my body IS NOT SLEEPING! I am lying on my bedroom floor, door wide open, bathroom light shining in, and I am masturbating. I am so extremely excited but my coherent self is screaming, "What are you doing? Get up! You can't do this! Get up off the floor!"

My body is on the floor, my knees are drawn up. My coherent self can feel its presence enter the room. I can feel the thing just looking at my image on the floor, almost tenderly. Then I since it slowly laying between my legs but then suddenly it raises its head. I FEEL him looking back at the door. Then the most surprising thing happens. It puts a hand (a feeling again) on my cheek. He says in a regretful tone, "I have to go." He cups my cheek and kisses it. It was the sweetest kiss I have ever known. He then vanishes and I wake up for the rest of the night.

The next morning, my dad looks at me and says, "What happened?" I just shake my head because, well, I still don't know what to think of what happened. He proceeds to tell me, "I had a dream that you were in the cave but this time you were surrounded by people. You were on laying on some kind of rock and this man was in front of you. The crowd was chanting something but the most distinct line I kept picking up was, "Take a piece of her heart." When he said that, I freaked! That's what they were doing in the first dream. He said he had suddenly woke up and felt the need to check on me. What he found left him cold.

He said I was on the bed, naked from the waist down. I was practically bent in an impossible position and when he spoke my name, I turned my head and my eyes were completely black. He was so shocked he went back to bed. He then fell back to sleep, to me, screaming my head off like I never had in the other dreams. It was morning when he woke from this dream.

A month later, after graduating, my family was going to see none other than my cousin's family. The way the timing worked, I couldn't go. But my father stated he was going to ask my cousin some straightforward questions.

When he returned, this is what he got. She indeed said she sent it. She wouldn't say if she did it alone but she did use the word "we" several times. She never answered how, or what it was. When my father thought the "questioning" was over she asked, "How did she like her kiss?" My father said, "She said it kissed her sweetly on the cheek." Her comment to him was, "That's where SHE believes it kissed her. She should feel lucky, He never kisses a woman there, but he did her."

My questions are these: What was the shadow thing? My cousin admitted to sending that thing, how and why would she? What was the thing? What did it want? What was up with the kiss thing? If we go in coordinating my dreams with my dad's, he came and saw me after the first dream on the last night? So WHY did the thing leave? Did it leave on its own? Did it only have a certain amount of time? Why? Am I just nuts?

Thank you for your time and any insight anyone may have.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Virginia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, pondering, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Ashlynn1014 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-01)
I think that is very sweet. The kiss, although a little scary what happens to your dad. I dident understand all of it did your cusins send it? I know it's weird and probley not a good idea but somtimes I wish that would happen to me. I have had paranormal things happen to me but nun like this.
TruthInDarkness (4 stories) (259 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-11)
Since this is quite an old post, I'm sure you've moved on. However, I just thought I'd throw in my 2 cents regarding Tonith's comment. Maybe I'm misinterpreting what Tonith said, but it seems to me that he/she was inferring that your dad was molesting you. I think Tonith brought up Freud because of how he interpreted dreams. Freud said that a key factor in the operation of the unconscious is repression. I think Tonith was inferring that these "dreams" were your "repressed memories" of your father molesting you.

Having said that, please know that this is not how I interpret your story at all. Based on the dozens of stories I've read on this site as well as the dozens of comments beneath each story, I would tend to agree with Whitebuffalo. He may only be a guest, but he seems to be well respected and gives very informative comments. The one that Tonith left is ambiguous and heavily subject to interpretation.
BedsnHerts (6 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-03)
I'm trying to be objective here and to me it sounds like a combination of things.

1. Pubescent girls are often the focus of paranormal activity - no idea why or how but it seems to be the case. You are now a mature adult and so they have stopped.

2. Out of body experiences tend to happen to children rather than adults. They may or may not be real but they undoubtedly are very frightening for the person concerned.

3. Screen memories. This is the mind inventing an event to cover up something upsetting that happened to you. If you have a clear memory of something which is just plain weird, but are confused or hazy about what happened directly before or after this event chances are it's a screen memory.

Demons? Posessions? Evil witch cousins? - I'd have to say no. Look closer to home.
succubiluv (1 stories) (365 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-15)
By the way, pondering--if you have any other stories (hopefully not as disturbing to you as this one was!), I'd like to read them.
succubiluv (1 stories) (365 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-14)
Thanks for your reply, pondering:

These are both amazing instances of precognition, in effect like being in two places at once.
Always wondered if or not that's an ability that's in the human brain in general.

I'll be answering your post under my story soon.
It's understandable that you have questions on the subject.
If you read the comment pages you may get some of your questions answered there, if you haven't read them yet. Good you found the story interesting.
Stand by...

😊
pondering (1 stories) (11 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-12)
To answer you succubiluv... Yes that is what I mean. It only happened to me several times and with people I was strongly connected to at the time. One was with my boyfriend of 2 years. He was really worried about his brother because he hadn't returned yet from work. We were talking about it and I literally saw him pull in the driveway. I told my boyfriend his brother was back, and I was correct. The other time was unfortunately the day my grandmother passed away. I was in my seventh period class, when I was in the my grandmother's bedroom at our house (she lived with us) and I saw her lying there dead. I shrugged it off as nerves and rode my bus home. As I was walking up my street I could see the police car, then the ambulance, then the fire truck, I knew what had happened.
But I haven't really "tried" to do it and don't really know if I can anymore, to be perfectly honest.
succubiluv (1 stories) (365 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-03)
I'm glad all that's behind you now.
Thank goodness for times, seasons, and seperations.

One question--when you say you could bilocate, are you meaning that you could travel in out-of-body mode and thus be in 2 places at once?
pondering (1 stories) (11 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-03)
lol... Nope not even a cheap apology... And yes I do feel cheated 😆! I think she likes the " if I don't admit it then she has to wonder if she's crazy or not" approach. But, honestly, we haven't had much interaction after all of that. She ended up marrying young and moving back to Louisianna, I got married and moved from virginia, so... Not much chance for interactions between us. And I'm really not to broken hearted for that. But, thanks for the comment succubiluv.
succubiluv (1 stories) (365 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-02)
Fortunate outcome to a somewhat bizarre series of events.
An unwanted sex-spirit deliberately sent --an incubus!
By a cousin?
And no apologies later?
Not even a cheap "Sorry"?
WOW.
Kisho (2 stories) (60 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-16)
Ushat pretty much nailed it on the head to my knowledge. Sounds like your cousin sent you an incubus without telling you, maybe even having done so as a favor. Probably thought you'd have fun with it. If you can't get rid of it yourself, highly recommend you ask your cousin to recall or banish it for you.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-16)
Oh, I sincerely hope as well that you DO post again, Ushat_Lives. Very well said.

I too, would echo what Lady Anne stated about leaving a LARGE well versed group. It is virtually impossible.
This is NOT spoken lightly, but out of the past experiences of my own personal life.
I should think, that your cousin had a small group of delvers who were vastly inexperienced, and into the thrill of power. It IS a heady emotion and replaces that of intelligence at times. That is NOT meant as a cut down. In MY personal experiences, it seemed to be so.
Thank you again.
ladyannne (11 stories) (91 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-16)
Ushat, I hope you choose to post again. Well said. I would like to add that while you CAN leave a small, naive group of delvers, it is not easy. I shudder to think of trying to leave a large, intent group.
Buff has hit the nail on the head, again, regarding your questions, Ponder. I always learn something, or see something new from her posts.
Strength, faith and perhaps unity will determine which side wins, outside of a good checkers game. Keep in mind that power is a phenominal incentive for those who delve. Frightening!
It would be truly grand for you to gain some closure, Ponder!
Ushat_Lives (1 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-09-16)
I usually prefer to remain an observer, but this story piqued my interest. In my opinion your cousin was likely meddling with things she did not truely understand. I would suspect that she did this in a small group of like minded individuals, based on her usage of "we" as well as the fact she seems to have ceased and taken up a 'normal' life. An involvement in a larger group would make the latter part difficult.

It is likely that the perverted nature of the attacks on you was at her direct request, judging by the way she acted towards your father as well as her activities with her current husband. I am guessing she would have seen these attacks as 'fun' and a way to convert you to her way of thinking and acting (the ultimate goal being for you to surrender yourself to the attacker). However the tender nature of your attacker is also notable. I dislike terms such as incubus since they are limiting. An incubus implies that the only actions of this entity are sexual. While true in this case, this was simply the means to an end not an indicator of function. I susepect the tenderness to be a way to lull you into confidence with it, so that perhaps you would reconsider rebuking its advances.

As a cautionary note, beware invoking reglious icons if you are not of that faith. It is your own conviction which is the weapon, not the name which is invoked. So for example a devoted christian would do well to call upon the name of Jesus, however an agnostic may not do as well in similar circumstances. Fear and doubt are the most used weapons of these beings. To rid yourself of these, or at least surpress them as best you can, is key.
pondering (1 stories) (11 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-16)
Sorry, realized I didn't answer one of your questions, white buffalo. As far as I know, my father hasn't told me of any experiences with astral projection. Although, now that you've brought it up, I may have to ask him out of curiousity.😆
pondering (1 stories) (11 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-16)
Whitebuffalo, thank you so very much for your response. After reading it, I honestly feel, I suppose the best way to describe would be more "closure" on the matter. Admittedly, a huge part of me worried if I was a little "screwed up" in the head as Tonith implied. I am not a very conceited person to the point that I didn't or wouldn't consider that notion. But I must respectfully disagree with Tonith for the simple fact that well... How would my father know without me saying anything that was going on? And I never said it was an incubus. If I recall or reread my account I do believe one of my questions was: What is it?
I do greatly appreciate your response, White Buffalo, and wanted you to know that it has made me feel tons better.
whitebuffalo (guest)
+1
16 years ago (2008-09-16)
Ladyannne said much of what I was about to offer as a thought, Pondering.
You were but a pawn in your cousins sick plan to gain your fathers... You know. If I broke this down, bit by bit, and gave you what I thought about each and every experience, it would be longer than your story itself (by the way, thank you for the descriptive way you explained all), so I will try to keep to the questions you posted and what MY thoughts on it are.
Your cousin appears to be delving into the dark arts, and the "thing" that she sent you was the "personification" of lust. It is possible to lend form to the deadly sins, if the conjurer is powerful enough, or has enough help.
Much like in the pure side of Spirituality there is strength in numbers. If a single person is not well versed, or their majic is not quite strong enough for the spell, others participate to assist. I can only imagine what it is that she told them to convince others to help in causing harm to someone not directly associated with her spurning.
What it wanted, (How to be as diplomatic as Ladyannne was?!) was to break your spirit. It would appear that your cousin felt if she sent something to harm you, your father would come running back to her to get her to "call it off". That is where the "bargain" would be made. Making an assumption here, but "Sleep with me, and I will send him far away from your daughter" type of deal. NOT very "An it harm none, do what ye will", so I would be inclined to believe something else was into play as well.
The rest of my comment will pertain to the last six questions. I should think that your father DID come to see you but in the midst of the SECOND dream. At right about the time it looked toward the door. What your cousin and her cohorts did not count on was the fact that your FATHER has STRONG majic.
Stop. Not what you are thinking. Your father is bound to you in unconditional love. He is concerned for you, loves you, cares for you, and WILL fight for you. He is a strong man. LOVE is a VERY strong deterrent to evil. A "majic". He did not tell you, but I can imagine the anger he felt toward what you had been put through. He had the fight embedded in every fiber of his being as he looked at you and saw you in this position. The Great Spirit (Or meaning your Higher Power) only knows what his THOUGHTS truly were at that point in time. It is MY belief that the angel that you saw (back in the fifth paragraph) was either your personal guardian angel, or the essence of your father. Is HE also able to astrally travel?
It DID not leave on its own. It did not have a time limit. It had the limitations of your father, your angels and YOURSELF. You fought it every step of the way. You consistently told it to stop, you fought it with your body AND your mind. Not ONCE did your convictions waver.
I would suggest that the kiss you received on the cheek WAS a kiss on the cheek. In a bittersweet "curses, foiled by THIS one" kind of way. No, you are NOT nuts.
Your cousin is right about one thing. In all that she did, in all that she said, there is one grain of truth. You ARE lucky. You have the Angels (your personal one, your father, and your own convictions, as well) on your side, and they oppose such evil.
Thank you.
Tonith (1136 posts)
-1
16 years ago (2008-09-16)
I can't even comment on this without sounding like Freud. So your cousin sent you a incubus with a conscience? I will reframe because I don't want to say what I actually think. I don't think it has much to do with your cousin at all.
pondering (1 stories) (11 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-15)
Thanks for the comments. Brownie, and Lady, I don't know why they ended. It truly was THAT abrupt. My cousin ended up moving to Roanoke, VA with her family and getting into some very bad relationships. Now she is married and a christian but she still likes to go to strip clubs and such with her hubby? 🤔
As for Binder... If that is what it was, what did it want besides sex? And why did it kiss me where it did, why did she say it was such a big thing and why did it give up so easily after that? I'm not complaining but I really do want the answers to these questions.
Thanks everyone
Demonbinder (66 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-15)
Why did she send it? Was it because of the failed pass she made at your dad? There are various erotic demons, and that is undoubtly what she sent to you. Rebuking it in the name of Jesus is a good remedy to putting it in it's place.
Brownie09 (6 stories) (293 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-15)
Hi pondering, thanks for sharing your story. Sounds like your cousin had sent this thing to you, in some sort of way, and that she thought this whole thing to be funny, by the way she would sometimes answer your dad's questions with a question. She might be into something that has controlled her life, and now is trying to get it to you, sorry if I confused you, but that is just my opinion. What ever happened to your cousin? Since you haven't had anymore things happen to you?
ladyannne (11 stories) (91 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-15)
Pondering, you might not ever have the answers to your questions, no matter how long you do ponder it.
What comes up for me is that the ability for someone else, usually involved in unhealthy spiritual activities (how's that for politely saying playing with 'fire and the devil'?) to send such spirits and happenings to others is, unfortunately, very real.
Again, to the best of my knowledge, and in my humble opinion from past experience, a lightweight delver's spell is just that. I could not write or conjure up a spell that would make you rob a bank or hurt another, had you not been so inclined to do so on your own, without my spell. I canna speak of those more heavily involved in dark deeds, but again, I am clear they do indeed, exist, in whatever form one wishes to call it.
Considering the friction between you and your cousin, if she is someone who would delve into the dark side, and enjoy malicious play, you would have at least, a few of your answers. The closeness between yourself and your father, and the fact that both of you are 'perceptive' would explain another.
I was wondering why the activity stopped, where is your cousin now?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: