You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Falling Shadows On My Sister's Bed

Real Ghost Stories

Falling Shadows On My Sister's Bed

 

When I was about twelve years old my family decided we were going to move to another town. My parents had bought some property out in the middle of nowhere and while we waited for them to complete the construction on our home, we moved into my grandparent's home.

My grandparents were only in state six months of the year and traveled back to the warm and sunny Arizona for the winter months. It was nearing Christmas time and in a two bedroom house we had my two biological sisters and my biological brother, crammed along with myself in one room. Since it was temporary, we made do with what we had.

One night I woke up to my sister getting out of bed. Whereas we only had two beds, I slept on the floor between her bed and my brother. I watched her get up and walk into the bathroom. I hadn't seen her come back, so when I saw a shadow stand at the foot of her bed, I figured it was her.

The odd thing about it was that she didn't just get back into bed like she would have any other time. I watched as she turned her back to the bed and just fell. I didn't hear a thud or anything so when I saw her hit the mattress, I became curious and reached over to touch her and make sure she was okay, only to discover there was no one there.

Other hauntings by IveySage

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Idaho

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, IveySage, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

IveySage (2 stories) (4 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-18)
yes shortly after she came to bed she didn't seem to realize anything. But then again it was late so I don't think she wouldve raised to much of a stink for the sake of not upsetting anyone else.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-17)
I have waited to post my comment as I was waiting to see if someone else would ask the ONE (Yes, Masses, I only have one this time 😆, So far. 😉)
DID your sister ever come back to bed that night?
Ok, sorry, I have another one.
If/when she did, did she notice anything?
Thank you.
kerrylee (2 stories) (2 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-17)
That is definatly something really strange...But...i would never doubt that you are telling the truth. Sometimes things happen that we can't explain. Thanks for sharing your story... Awesome stuff 😁
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-17)
I have to agree with everyone here. It must be the energy from the land. But indeed this was one very scary story. Thanks for sharring. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-16)
That was creepy IveySage! I have to agree with the previous posters who suggest that the particular encounter you had that night was probably an energy connected to the land. Sounds like residual haunting-like the imprint of someone coming home after a day of hard work in the fields. I doubt it would have interacted with you in any way, though.
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-16)
Guess it wasn't your sister. What is was is left to speculation. A spirit that maybe once inhabited the land or the house? Possibly. You would have to be sensitive to spot it in the first place. Any other events that could mean you are intuned?
Brownie09 (6 stories) (293 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-15)
Wow, that was definitely a interesting story, and welcome to your ghost stories. I have never experienced anything like that, but I know it must have been freaky to you. Do you know how long that your grandparents had owned that house? There might be something connected to the house or land, and it is feeling like that is still its home. Sorry I couldn't be of much help.

Thanks for sharing your story. 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: