You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Bookshelf

Real Ghost Stories

The Bookshelf

 

All the stories I will tell you have happened and they are true. This one may not sound true but it is. This took place when I was about ten years of age.

I used to always wake up at night. I woke up at about 2:50 am, looked up from my bed and saw a girl about nine years old from the looks of her. She was on my bookshelf. I saw her and I wanted to scream but I couldn't. I just sat there and looked at her for about five minutes until she looked up and said hi. I said hi back and I just kept looking at her. Then I fell asleep at about 3:00.

About an hour later, I woke up again and went into my sister's room. She was asleep. I woke her up and asked her if she was on the bookshelf, but I knew the answer was no because when it happened, I could hear her sleeping. So she told me to go to sleep, so I did.

The next morning there were books off the bookshelf that were there before. For example, there were two Harry Potter books and a dictionary on the shelf, but nobody liked those books in the house. About two days later at midnight, the bookshelf fell down. I have not seen the girl after that. The girl had brown hair, brown eyes, and she was in a long pink lace nightgown with stripes on it.

Other hauntings by mediumat12

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Michigan

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, mediumat12, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Luca (1 stories) (83 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-18)
I definately would've asked her what she was doing there; I bet you automatically assumed it was a ghost, right? Some logical thinking would be nice.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-17)
mediumat12,
I am not trying to argue.
You looked at this girl, in the dark, for five minutes. She said Hi. YOU said Hi. You fell asleep, woke up approximately an hour later. Woke your sister at four in the morning to ask her if she were sitting atop your bookcase.
Two things.
Did she SOUND like your sister?
How tall and wide is your bookcase?
Thank you.
mediumat12 (3 stories) (9 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-17)
to luca I was scared and I no I was not dreaming. And I doubt you woul have asked her what she was doing and I wasn't going to say anything because my family thinks are crazy.
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-17)
Thanks for replying. I can understand why anyone would doubt their very own eyes.
Luca (1 stories) (83 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-16)
Dude, you just kept looking at her? I would've asked her why the Hell she was sitting on top the freaking bookshelf when she had chairs lying around the entire house! Little girls are so weird.

My guess: a) you were not completely awake, or b) you were definately dreaming.
mediumat12 (3 stories) (9 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-16)
to rhodes 68, I did look at her for five minuites but it was dark and I was a little thrown off so I felt like I should have asked her.
TheUnknown (1 stories) (192 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-16)
Just a spirit who wants to stay behind on Earth,medium.I might give the same conclusion as Brownie09.
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-16)
I'm a little confused with your story so I really need to ask: You were looking at a girl for 5 minutes-a girl that was dressed in a long pink laced nightgown-one you interacted with and still you had to ask your sister if it was HER sitting on the book shelf? Why did you feel the need to ask her? Couldn't you tell it wasn't her since you seemed to have had a clear picture of the visitor?

I really don't mean that as an attack of any kind. I'm just wondering...
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-16)
Sounds like something was with you. An earthbound spirit. I don't think it has to do with the books per se' just a spirit wanting attention.
mediumat12 (3 stories) (9 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-15)
thanx for the info and yes I will have a lot mor in a little while so be prepared for like 20 more!
Brownie09 (6 stories) (293 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-15)
Hi again medium, sounds like to me that there is something attached to that house or land, and that little girl was trying to get your attention. Maybe she was trying to tell you something, or maybe she was just wanting to say hi 😕. As for the books being off the shelf and the book shelf falling, maybe there was something else there also.
Thanks for sharing another story with us, and I believe your stories, everyone is on this site because they have their own stories to tell, just like you have your stories, but on this site you might get some answers that you don't want to hear, but that is just their own opinions.
Again thanks for sharing your story, and feel free to post some more if you have any. 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: