You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Ghosts Are Real

Real Ghost Stories

Ghosts Are Real

 

It was a warm summer night in mid July, and my cousin and I lay snuggled in bed together. The crickets were chanting outside; I could see the lightning bugs flashing through the air as I lay quietly gazing out of the window into the darkness. Suddenly, as I was absorbing the tranquility, I heard footsteps walking in the loft. These steps were creepy, and they sounded mysterious, while I silently observed each step. Gradually, the walking stopped and I fell asleep.

The next morning as my cousin and I played with our dolls, I told her about the footsteps in the loft and she told me that she had heard it before, but that she always tried to fall asleep before it manifested itself. So, we determined that night that we would stay awake and we would both peep to see who or what it was that walked in the loft during the late hours of the night. A few hours before daybreak, that night became a night that we would remember for many years to come.

As we giggled gently under the sheet, we watched and waited for the footsteps to appear. Finally, around 2 o'clock the creepy feet started strolling slowly through the loft. I pinched her and she pinched back as we lay lifeless listening to the steps as they moved closer toward us, then stopped above our heads. I stared through the covers, but did not see anything. My cousin saw a figure of an aged man standing near the window, she told me when we rose early the next morning.

Whether some people believe it or not, ghost have been known to exist and spirits may even be all around us. Many people don't believe in ghosts because they have never had an encounter with one, but there are lot of others who have witnessed these episodes and we know that they really do or have at some point existed.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Louisiana

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting.

jessica93096 (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-23)
Whoa...very creepy story. 😲 Very interesting though. Thanks for sharing.
purplequeen12 (2 stories) (69 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-07-15)
Wow. Another scary story. Stuff like this makes me shiver. I believe you though.
HELENA2006 (2 stories) (10 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-04-15)
Good Story, very realistic I believe you after my inncident. Hope to hear from you soon!
rai (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-09)
hi its intresting story really iam suprised b,coz the same thing happend to me when iwas in 5th standard really I don't have any words to say about this anyway take care bye
zafar (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-08)
trisha777,ur story is true I believe it because this same thing happen with me I can't believe it has happen the same manner with you also
Martin (602 posts) mod
+1
17 years ago (2007-03-08)
trisha777, your writing is a joy to read. Very nice story. Quite creepy too for such an innocent setting.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: