You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: My Uncle Joey

Real Ghost Stories

My Uncle Joey

 

It was in the summer of the year 2000, it was July first and my dad's grand daughters were playing in my room. All of a sudden, they came downstairs screaming and crying and saying that there was a man on a bike in my mirror. I said, "What are you talking about?" and they said that there was a man on a bike in my mirror. I went to check it out.

When we got to my room they didn't want to go in so I went to look and sure enough, I saw a man a bike in my mirror. I told the girls to go downstairs. I couldn't believe my eyes so I turned and looked again, but it was gone.

As I started to walk out, something made me turn around again. When I did, I saw my uncle walking and he looked so real except as he walked, the back side of him was fading. He sat on my bed and was said, "Sammy Joe, come here I need to tell you something really important." By that point, I was in my closet and I couldn't move. I just kept telling my uncle, who I was really close to when he was alive, to just go away. He said I need to tell you something important that is going to happen. I said no go away, and he said fine, I love you Sammy Joe, and he disappeared.

When I was able to move, tears were running down my face. I went to my brother and I told him I just seen Uncle Joey but my brother didn't believe me. I told my mom when she got home and she was concerned, but she said that I was just missing him, so I must have imagined it.

Three days later, on the Fourth of July, we went to a barbecue. While we were waiting for the food, my cousins and brothers and nieces went into the woods. It was pretty far when we got to this canal and I stopped because I was feeling dizzy. I drank some water and we went on our way. Once again, I started getting dizzy so we stopped at this other canal, drank some water and left again. We were pretty far into these woods when I got really dizzy and sick by the third canal. At that point I had noticed that I'm only getting sick at canals, so we left and went back to my cousin's house.

When we got back, it was time to eat and I was feeling fine and normal again. My dad got this phone call. He didn't say much, then he hung up and looked at my mom and said let's go inside and my mom said no what is it? My dad said let's go inside and she said just tell me what is the matter. He looked at her and said, "I'm sorry, but your dad died." My mom took off crying and everyone was silent. I went to the front and my dad was hugging my mom. I asked how did my grandpa die, and he just looked at me and said he had a heart attack and drowned in a canal.

At that point I was freaking out and went to sit with my brother. I told him how our grandpa died and he was shocked. I said it's weird that three days ago, Uncle Joey came to see me to tell me something important and I didn't listen. It's weird how I kept getting sick at all these canals. We were both freaked out.

Ever since that day, when I see my uncle, I listen no matter how scared I get. I feel that I was blessed with such a gift that some people don't believe me, or they think I'm crazy.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Colorado

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, uno_irock37, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

sweet_girl (18 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-01)
I am very sorry for your loss. Losing one's loved ones is a very difficult thing one has to pass through. But this is what life is all about. Hope your uncle and grandpa find peace and may God bless the souls.

Take care. 😊 ❤

****Spread Smiles! Spread Smiles!****
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-18)
Thank you for sharing your story, Uno.
I am sorry for the loss of your loved ones, and it would appear that your Uncle Joey is to be your "link".
I would caution you, not to feel that every time your Uncle is seen, to believe that someone has died, or is about to. Often times, we seem to see a pattern and take it to mean that is the way that it will always be. That is not always the case.
Perhaps one time he will tell you of a birth, a job promotion, a move. Just keep an open mind when he does let himself be known to you.
Thank you.
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-18)
Im very sorry for your loss. I to believe that you have this gift. Uncle Joey must have realy liked you that is why he picked you. I wouldn't be scared of your uncle. He means no harm but wants to help you. As you say with this gift you may help a lot of people. Thanks for sharring. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-17)
I'm very sorry about your losses! The sickness might have been a coincidence, but seeing your uncle is definitely very straightforward, especially because he spoke to you. I hope that you will find peace. Take care!
Brownie09 (6 stories) (293 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-17)
Hi uno_irock37, Welcome to your ghost stories and thank you for sharing your story. Sounds like your uncle was there the first time to tell you about your grandpa, Second of all, you feeling the way you did when you came up to the canals, that was probably a sign to let you know about your grandpa. After stating you found that out, when your dad got the call.
I am sorry for both of your losses, you did say you were close to them, and so maybe your uncle is able to pass on news that could help. Yeah, some people might think you are weird, but if you will explain to them that both experiences you had both with your uncle, and then with the canals, they might understand a little bit better. Sorry for such a long comment. 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: