You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Sights, Sounds And Touches?

Real Ghost Stories

Sights, Sounds And Touches?

 

This was some years back when I was in middle school. My mom, brother and I lived with my mom's boyfriend. He had told us that his previous wife had passed in the house. It was later before I experienced anything, and I pretty much had forgotten about him telling us.

One day, we were all at my brother's baseball game. I left early because I didn't feel good. We live down the street from the park but that doesn't matter. So, I was at home alone, feeling real sick. I was at the dining table with my head down and I heard something but I ignored it. Five minutes later, I hear a female's voice call my name. At the same time I suddenly wasn't sick, but my left ear felt like it was on fire for about three minutes. I looked around and no one was there.

The next night, I was in my room with my door open and I heard some one walking around. The next minute, I saw a glow out the corner of my eye. I looked and saw the wife that had passed. I've seen picture of her, so I knew what she looked like. I closed my eyes and when I opened them, she was gone.

The next day I tried to tell everyone that I saw her but no one believed me. I've seen her a couple time after that, but I kept it to myself. Ever since, I have been into a lot of the paranormal stuff.

Thanks for reading my story.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Michigan

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, bearith911, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

bearith911 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-23)
He and his late wife didn't have any children, but from what I heard they wanted to and tried. So was it her just looking after me or something else. As for other experiences there was this one time where that nothing went right for me the whole day. I really should have put this in too. On the night of the bad day I had (I sleep on my stomach) I felt a had on my back like she was there to ease the day away. Thanks for reading.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-22)
You haven't stated, but did your Mother's boyfriend and his late wife happen to have any children of their own? I have in the company of those who have never been honored with children of their blood, and I tell you, when the party that they were linked to DO have children, that bond is present (or completely absent).
It is rather like that of divorced parents. Sometimes when they are in a relationship when there are children of one side or the other, there is a bond with the children and the "second" parent (I use that term lightly. No one is able to replace a "first" or blood parent, no matter how hard both parties try. There is just the missing element of BIRTH). Sometimes, through no fault of anyone, there simply is not a meshing of both families.
It just happens.
I get the FEEL that she were truly concerned for your health. I feel that this ex wife was genuine in wanting your vitality to return, and checking your responses. Personally, I lay my cheek aside my children's (including their cheek, and their ear) when checking for fever. I find it is more accurate, as if it is an INNER fever, it is sometimes felt in the EAR.
I also pace their rooms at night just checking in to be sure that they are sleeping well.
All of her actions were completely "normal" responses for a caring Mother to take in caring for a sick child.
Intelligent. NOT residual. What were the other experiences that you had? They would be proof positive, or negative on if she is there in spirit, or a trapped ghost.
Thank you.
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-18)
Hi and thank you for sharring this story with us. I believe that this lady means no harm. I bet she wants what's best for you all. I bet that she is happy that your mothers boyfriend has found another half. I guess that she was curious about you. But for sure she means no harm. Thanks for sharring this with us. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
bearith911 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-17)
thanx tigerlily and everyone for reading my story. To the question tiger asked I think it was of cancer.
TigerLily (3 stories) (145 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-17)
Hello Bearith911, Brownie has mentioned pretty much what I was going to say! But anyway I do believe that the past wife was only welcoming you and that shes not there to hurt you! I was also wondering, if you don't mind me asking, how did the past wife die? 😕 That questions been puzzling me for quite some time now! Anyway thanks for the story!
Lily x
Brownie09 (6 stories) (293 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-17)
Hi Bearith911, sounds like the past woman is happy that her husband, was finally able to meet someone that would make him happy. By her coming to you, she might have been telling you welcome in her sort of way. From reading your story, it seems like she is happy that your mom and ya'll are in that house. She knows that no matter what, that your mom and ya'll understand the love that she had for her husband, and that she respects ya'll. Thanks for sharing your story. 😊
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-17)
I have heard that many of these pld buildings often had passageways that were not so open to the public. That may be what that corridor was and it was blocked off, or it was started as a corridor and was not finished.

If the legend of the monk is true and he perished by taking his own life in what is now the school, I could understand why he would remain. He has much unfinished business. In the cases of suicude, I believe that the individuals generally experience much unrest, in light of how their lives were ended so violently and abruptly.

Instead of being frightened, say a few prayers for him to be able to cross over to the light with our Lord and find some peace.

Thanks for sharing!

God Bless!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: