You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Tossing My Grandpa's Ashes

Real Ghost Stories

Tossing My Grandpa's Ashes

 

I would have to say that this is my most favorite experience that I have had in my life.

When I was eight years old, my grandpa had died from heart failure one day after we got home to California. I was upset that my grandpa was gone, he was my only grandpa that I knew. We had to go back to throw his ashes over a bridge.

We were all depressed, especially my mom. We went to some kind of bridge, and we were getting ready. My two uncles got out my grandpa's ashes, and threw them over the bridge. As I watched the ashes go down, to my surprise, they started to form the shape of my grandpa, only to a larger size. I was excited, but was weirded out a little, since it was my first experience.

Two years later, I asked my mom about my grandpa's ashes forming the shape of him, if she saw it, too. She said yes! So I was happy I wasn't the only one who saw it. When the experience happened, I felt like I was going crazy over his death! But luckily, I wasn't.

I'm still sad, though. But I'm happy that he doesn't have to suffer from his heart attack anymore. If someone can tell me what it was, then that would be great. I felt like he was saying goodbye for the last time, I still don't know though. What do you think?

Other hauntings by promghost07

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Oregon

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, promghost07, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-09-20)
Thank you for a beautiful experience promghost07. Like some previous posters have already said, that vision was meant as a gift for your eyes only. Cherish it and let it be a comforting message to remember for the rest of your life. Sooner or later, we are all reunited with those we love.
girlie (15 stories) (426 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-19)
YO, cool story. I hope his OK 😉. So you better have a good day. YA
GiRlIe (cool uh) ❤
whitebuffalo (guest)
+1
16 years ago (2008-09-19)
Hello promghost07.
I tell you, people see the most amazing things when giving their final farewells to their loved ones. There are times when we experience something that is ours and ours alone, and others in which the experience is shared.
I think your experience is a prime example of seeing what it is we need to see at a point in time. Both you and your Mother seem to have needed to see your Grandfather one last time in his human form. You were granted that sight.
Why question the experience? If you have always felt that this was his way of telling you his final goodbye, then embrace that.
Thank you for the heartwarming story.
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-18)
Hi and thank you for this very good story. I'm very sorry for your loss. But isn't it a great feeling to know that your Grandpa showed you all that hi si in a better place. It realy is a special thing to see something like that. I have seen it once and it changed my life. Thanks for sharring. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
TigerLily (3 stories) (145 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-17)
Hello Promghost, I'm sorry about your loss! 😢 I know it must have been hard for you!
I believe it was your grandads way of saying goodbye and I'm very glad you got to see him one more time.
Please let us know if you have any other experiences with your grandad, I am very interested!
Thanks for the story, Lily x
Brownie09 (6 stories) (293 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-17)
Hi promghost, thanks for the story. I believe that it was your grandpa's way of saying goodbye. I know it must have been hard for you. Sorry about you losing your grandpa. 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: