You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Is My House Really Haunted? I'm Scared!

Real Ghost Stories

Is My House Really Haunted? I'm Scared!

 

My name is Brittney and I am fifteen years old. Lots of weird, unexplainable things have been going on in my home. Everything that happens in my house only happens when I am alone. Here are some of the things that have happened.

Is My House Really Haunted? I'm Scared! 1

I was eating some candy Mike n' Ikes and I threw about three pieces on the floor for my two dogs to eat as they both were begging me. Neither one of them ate the candy. I got up and I let them both outside in the backyard. I'm in my house completely alone now and I go into the living room to watch some tv and continue to eat my candy. The three pieces are still on the floor. I'm sitting on a small red rocking chair on the floor against the wall when this green Mike n' Ike candy flew across the room and hit my shoulder hard. No one was in the house, including my dogs and I know that it wasn't me, obviously.

Another thing that happened was that I was playing a video game in my living room on this small red rocking chair that sits very low to the ground. I was by myself and it was past midnight. While I was playing something or someone blew in my left ear hard and loud! My mother was asleep and my dogs weren't in the room. I have taken some picture of some of the rooms in my home and a lot of orbs appeared in them, VERY visible.

Is My House Really Haunted? I'm Scared! 2

I hear scratching noises in my kitchen and my bedroom closet door moved while I was trying to sleep at 6 am. My dogs bark at walls and empty rooms. I see shadows sometimes, mainly in my kitchen. My kitchen table moved and made a loud bang and woke me up while I was sleeping.

The scariest thing that happened to me was when I was downstairs in my basement where my computer is and I was talking to some friends online. It was about 3 am and my mom was upstairs sleeping. My dogs were sleeping on the other side of the room. I heard this loud growling, moaning noise behind me. It happened three times. I was so scared that I ran up my stairs and sleep with my mother that night in her bedroom!

I never go downstairs at night anymore. I have told my mom all of this and she doesn't believe me, she thinks it's all in my head.

So, can someone help me!? Is my house REALLY haunted? Are there other ways to tell besides taking pictures? I have some pictures if anyone wants to see them. Thank you for listening.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Missouri

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, BrittneyA, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Sabrinabean (1 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-16)
Hi! I have had the same thing happen to me a few years ago. That is what made me come across this post. I was the only one awake and I was downstairs on the computer in the living room. A little after midnight, I felt something blow really hard in my ear and I know it wasn't wind or anything. I looked over and didn't see anything there. I was probably 17 at the time. I didn't get scared which is wierd because I normally would have looking back on it. It hasn't happened since so I wonder if it realized I wasn't giving it any attention and left me alone. Prior to this incident, I saw a shadow of a man in the same room walking! I think it was a good spirit maby a family member trying to get my attention. I don't have anything happen to me anymore. Maby if you don't acknowledge it's presence, which I know is hard, it will go away! The laugh deffinitely sounds evil tho. Hope this helped!
KellieS (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-03)
No doubt that your house is haunted. Mine is too and no one believed me at first either, your mom will come around. I seen my ghost when I was 11 and I was the only one in my house at the time it was really tall and see through kinda. Then a few months later my brothers friend brian seen it and everyone believed him. My brother and his friends did a oujia board and it does work however you may not find out what you want to. My brother asked it if it liked him and it said no then his friends said what would you do to him if you were alive and it said kill. So that may not be the best idea. Every once and a while I see it, I'm 16 now and I still don't like being home alone because of it. All of my friends and family have seen it at one point so don't worry your family will come around
hannahbanana (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-13)
well I'm thirteen and I think my house is haunted I see orbs in my pictures too. I get scared a lot when I'm at home. Although nothing like that has ever happened to me there are other things that have happened at my house. You shouldnt be afraid though and that's ok if your mom dosnt believe you mine does but that's because she has had things happen too. I do think your house is haunted though. 😊
nmg5789 (2 stories) (48 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-29)
i believe your house is haunted. That seems like to many strange coincidents to be anything else. I think my home is haunted too and I have definately gotten my share of freaked out moments too.

If you'd like to share some experiences just get back to me!
EVPResearcher (34 stories) (140 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-23)
BrittneyA - Don't be too afraid. It sounds to me like someone is trying to get your attention. Maybe they noticed that you are the only one in the family that notices them? I do lots of EVP work. If you ever need help on these, shoot me an email. One suggestion on doing EVP's. Talk to them like they are alive. Not all spooky-like how Hollywood shows it. DO NOT ask them if they need help. Ask for messages. If they need help they will tell you.
laus (3 stories) (26 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-22)
i have to agree your house definitely sounds haunted! But I don't think it would be wise to use a ouija, if your not experienced it will make everything worse. Try speaking, if you hear something, tell it to go away and stop bothering you.
Good luck, let us know what you choose to do.
Laus ❤x
Easykiel (1 stories) (35 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-22)
Hi Brittney,

I'm not going to comment on whether or not I believe your house is haunted, although it seems that you are building up something of a catalogue of unexplained experiences. What I will say is that if you are going to attempt contact with spirits, whether it be by ouija or by voice recording, just make sure that you know what you are doing first.

Ouija boards are perfectly safe, providing you perform certain "rituals" correctly, most importantly the opening and closing of the board, as forgetting to properly close a ouija board session is like leaving a barn door open, except that this barn is full of spirits and not cattle! 😆

Good luck with everything, and I hope that you get to the bottom of this.
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-22)
I agree with everyone on this site. I believe that your house maybe haunted. Honestley the things that you have experienced can not be explained. I would sugest doing a smudge ceremony. Thanks for sharring. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-21)
I am always leary when it comes to teens and poltergeist activity. In most cases it usually comes down to the kinetic energy most teens seem to have in abundance. Now that would not explain the breath in your ear or the dogs going nuts when hearing other growling. The orbs I don't know about being that most are just dust. I have very little carpeting in my home but I have wall to wall in my living room. When we took pics of the new renovations there were not orbs any other place but in that room. There were tons of them. All the furniture in there is material as well so not a wonder about the dust particles. Plus I have 4 cats, need I say more? I don't know if your house is haunted but it wouldn't take much to find out. I don't have the same attitude about a ouija board most do but I don't think them reliable for ghost hunting. A good recorder or video cam might be the way to go if you want to see if something is there. Also most places these days have paranormal investigators who would be more than happy to check your home out for spirits. Considering none of this happens to anyone else in the house I would have to conclude you are the catalyst or you are the receiver. Just not sure at this point which it is.
NotownSailor (3 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-21)
yeah use that shiat it works with that piece of board you could talk to whatever the hell you want to get into contact with I got 4 years of experience with that shiat I have used it since I was your age nothing bad happens only if you abuse it or call it names if it does something that you don't approve of just throw it away it won't come back or haunt you like other people say
TheUnknown (1 stories) (192 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-21)
Need to say, its really haunted.

Did you ever try voice recording, you may ask the spirit it's problems and help, if you are allowed to do that.
StarSwept (2 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-20)
Britney, Don't use a Ouji... I beg you! Just tell whatever it is to LEAVE YOU ALONE, AND TO GET OUT In the name of the Father, The Son and The Holy Ghost! Don't use the O.Board...It WILL invite the Evil in.
Speaking from experience!
xXClaireBearXx (10 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-20)
An oujia board is a good idea. You must find out who this spirit is. It's trying to catch your attention.
It seems like your house is most definitely haunted.
It's a great idea to try talk to the spirit and find out what it wants.

Good luck!
Xx
Ahimsa (18 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-20)
Brittney- I would just say that if you are going to use an Ouija board or attempt to get EVPs, you may actually increase the activity in your house. These communication methods often invite unwelcome company and you may end up with some malevolent beings hanging around, causing more problems. It might be better to do things to discourage the activity rather than encouraging it. You can do a house blessing, smudging, or holy water sprinkled about. That's just my opinion, maybe see what others have to say. Good luck with whatever you end up doing, and I'm sure everyone will want to hear what happens.
BrittneyA (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-20)
Thanks for your comment NoTownSailor.
I'm DEFF. Going to get and use a Oujia board. I will let everyone know what my results are from using it...
NotownSailor (3 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-20)
I would recomend a ouiji board I have used them different times with my boys back home and we get results as soon as I get a chance ill post some of my stories. I always carry my ouiji board with me even right here while doing time in the middle east. Like 3 weeks ago this marine committed suicide in his baracks and I had responded to the call and I walked by his room not knowing if he did it or not when I creeped up to his door I smelled like and eerie smell of dead and felt like a sense of coldness creep up on my neck and arm as if his spirit was right their with me. Take in mind that I didn't know if it was an attempt or if he had killed himself already when we opened his door I seen him hangin and I wasn't really suprised because I kind of got the hint of his death before even seeing it my self. Now that you brought it up about using the ouiji board that makes me want to use it to try to contact the fallen marine and check out what was on his mind when he killed himself and I bet you ill end up finding out. I recomend that board use it
BrittneyA (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-20)
No, there is no way that the blowing in my ear was a gust of wind or a breeze. It was way too strong (I have no windows in that room). I have looked up the history of my house and talked to the agent that sold my family our house. They were no documented deaths or haunting expierences in the history. I'm deff. Going to get a voice recorder to see if I can pick of some voices/noises. I'm not really concerned with the whole 'orb' thing, so as far as that goes... Everyone can just drop it. These things started happening about a little over a year ago. No big deaths have happened in the past year. & as for my dogs when I heard the growling... One of them barked (got startled) and then they both went upstairs with me at the same time. I will deffinetly hold off on the Oujia board. Thank you for all of your comments! Keep 'em coming!:)
katghoti (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-19)
Wow so much hate about my orbs. I did make a positive comment. There is ABSOLUTLY not proof of "orbs". Every photo of "orbs" that was scientifically tested was disproven and even better it is so easy to fake them. In fact, any paranormal investigator worth their weight have now distanced themselves from orb pictures. We are programmed to pick up patterns (that is what our brains do) and orbs are nothing more than people wishing to see something that isn't there. Until an orb is captured and can be physically studied, bah, it is just dust. Oh and guess what, I bet your house is full of dust especially if you have pets. No amount of dusting will remove it all.
MNPROPHET (6 stories) (25 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-19)
Hello Britney,

Thanks for the story. I am reading a lot of different activity is going on around you. I advise all that have so many different sensations to be aware that some will be true hauntings while others will be a hightened sense of imagination brought on by the true hauntings. I do believe your house or YOU are haunted. It is best that you keep talking to your mom about your concerns and sensations, she might recognize some of the same experiences.

How long ago did this activity start?

If you could share the pictures with us that would be great.

Remeber you are not alone on this, sounds to me like your dogs agree with you if they are barking at the walls?

Best wishes and please keep us informed. Brian
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-19)
Hi BrittneyA
Thank you for your story.

I have a few questions, sorry whilst you were playing your video game in the living room, you felt someone or something blow in your left ear, could this have possibly been a draft from somewhere?

The other question I have is you say you were in the basement where you computer is and the dogs were asleep on the other side of room. You heard a grwoling, moaning noise, you ran upstairs what about the dogs?

Once again thank you for your story.
staci13 (2 stories) (5 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-19)
Hi BrittneyA, thanks for sharing your story. I have heard so many others like yours, and I'd say your house is haunted. I don't know if a Oujia Board would be the best thing, they can go either way. I do think the voice recorder is a good idea though, maybe it will be able to pick up sounds that you can't. Maybe you should do some research about your house, see if anything happened there before your family moved in. Or have you had anyone that has died when these things started happening? Whatever it is is trying to get your attention, and if it wanted to hurt you it's already had plenty of chances to do so.
I honestly think a Oujia Board should be your last thing to do. Research the house, and your family's history first and then go from there.
As for the orbs, I do believe they are more than dust or bugs, but they may not be connected to the spirit/ghost that is affecting you.
Keep your chin up, and keep me posted on what happens.
BrittneyA (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-19)
Thanks for commenting 'Brownie09'.:)
I had no feelings of any kind before those things happend. Everything that happend, happened when I was thinking of possitive things (nothing frightening). But I have been getting a very strong feeling lately that I am being watched (only when I'm alone). So lately I have been feeling a little bit uneasy and uncomfortable.:/
I am planning on buying a voice recorder in about a week or so, and walk around my house and ask some questions (speak to them).

I have a really important question to ask everyone:... Would anyone recommend me getting a Oujia Board? I've heard they're are very bad and that no one should use them. My mother had one when she was a kid and had some bad expierences. But I think that it would be Awesome to ask some questions with it and see if it really works, and what info. I can get from 'the other side'. Would anyone recommend me getting one? Any stories about them? Should I stay away from them?:/
Brownie09 (6 stories) (293 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-18)
Hi Brittney, thanks for sharing your story. From reading it, I honestly think that your house may be haunted. After you saying what happened with the candy. I do believe that whatever that was that blew in your ear was trying to get your attention, after that try with the candy. The reason I say your house more than likely is haunted, is because of the way you said your dogs acted when they heard it too.
Whenever you feel the presence of this thing, do you feel an uneasy feeling when it is around or a calm? If it is a calm feeling I would say that it is something that is good, but if you have an unsettling feeling, then it could be something evil. Wish I could be of more help but that was just my opinion. 😊

Hey wicked, orbs can be more than dust particles, bugs, and moisture in the air. I don't know that much about orbs, but I do know that much. 😊
BrittneyA (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-18)
I have this one picture in which I KNOE for a fact this 'orb looking thing' is NOT dust or a strange lighting or a bug or a blurr or smudge. I'm not saying its an Orb... I'm not sure what it is... And as for the growling noise, no, it couldn't have possibly come from outside. It sounded asthough something/someone was making that noise right over my shoulder (in my ear). It was directly behind me. My dogs heard it also. Thanks for your advice, I will deff. Look into getting a voice recorder, that is a great idea! Thank you.:)
Tydin (1 stories) (30 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-18)
Orbs can infact be paranormal in my experience, don't let other comments tell you what is and isn't paranormal. The fact is no one knows. I'm sure a lot of cases are just dust or insects but unless they have been studied by a expert who can say. While staying in a hotel on a investigation I was on, not only did we photograph orbs but we saw them with the naked eye!
Scratching is a difficult one to determin. I have heard many stories about strange scratching noises and it turns out people just have mice! Lol. Could the growling come from outside at all?
Keep your chin up and you'll get through it. I find that standing up to scary things always helps, a simple "Knock it off!" has helped for me in the past lol!
Wicked (1 stories) (16 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-18)
UGH some people... Ok orbs actually usually are dust or moisture in the air. USUALLY. I would really love to see any pics you have. One thing you can do (though nothing can tell you 100% if a place is haunted) to get evidence of paranormal activiy is get a voice recorder (I would suggest a digital voice recorder) and walk through your house asking questions. I have some forms that might help you with that. If you want you can email me and I'll do what I can to help you. Best of luck and stay safe!
troyarn (5 stories) (479 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-18)
I agree about dogs and candy. Also, show us the photos since most "orbs" usually do tend to be something else (not always the case, but I have seen few photos that cannot be explained).
Anyway, thanks for the story.
BrittneyA (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-18)
It's not dust. My house is clean. Haha.
My camera lens is very clean too. No scratchs no smears no spots no nothing...ha.
Please don't comment unless it's possitive and/or helpful. Thanks!
katghoti (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-18)
As for the "orbs" you photographed, clean the lens or dust the house. Orbs are not ghosts and are more likey to be dust. I really wish people would stop pushing orbs as ghosts. This has been disproven so many times.
BrittneyA (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-18)
Thank you so much for your comments. I appreciate them greatly. I will no longer give my dogs candy, haha. I have gone through a lot of changes and I have lots of psychological and emotional things currenty going on in my life. So what your saying 'rhodes68' is very understandable. I agree that I need to get involved in some outdoor activities. Your information helped me alot. Thank You.

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: