You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Daddy's Home... To Stay? 2

Real Ghost Stories

Daddy's Home... To Stay? 2

 

After the initial experience with my father on the morning of his death, I expected that I would have other incidences. I should disclose that two of my brothers and me have never seen "eye to eye" and we have been at odds for some time and were only sociable for my father's sake.

The farm home (which my father built from the ground up and was his pride and joy) would be the center of the incidences, but he also spread the mystery around during the week between his death and the funeral to other family members. During this week, the smell of his cologne was unbelievably present in the house. I opened windows (remember this is March in Canada!) to get rid of it... To no avail.

My other half even commented that the smell had become very strong in our pillows that we could not get it out with laundering. The third night after his death, the smell had just become overwhelming to me. I had been thinking "evil" thoughts for a few hours as to how I would finally end the ties with my one freeloading brother. As I was thinking this, the smell got stronger and stronger until I could no longer stand it.

I finally got up and went to the living room and sat in dad's chair. I said out loud "You let me do what I have to do!" The smell then subsided and I went to bed. In the morning, I went back into the living room with my coffee only to discover that the arm protector of dad's chair had landed 7 feet straight sideways from the chair, and a bottle of his pills had been "thrown" 4 feet away from the table that they were sitting on!

My other half tried to explain that I had done it, but after I explained that one or the other would have had to go through my body to get where they had to go, he quit. (Thankfully another later incident in the house would convince him that it was haunted).

Two days later was the day of the funeral. The farm house had been fairly quiet after that incident, but I am pretty sure dad had moved on to my brother's house in town. On the morning of the funeral, the first estranged brother of mine found 2 strange bottles of cologne in his master bathroom (no one would claim ownership to them).

Estranged brother #2 was getting ready for the funeral in the guest bathroom, and he found a pin on the vanity... A leprechaun with angel wings (we are of Irish heritage... Another trait that Dad was very proud of) and once again, no one knew where it had come from.

He had laughed at me for telling him what was going on at the farm until he had found that pin. He pinned it onto his suit and wore it to the funeral. I still have many stories to tell about the occurrences at the farm after the funeral, but I will save that for another day.

Other hauntings by paranormal

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, paranormal, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

paranormal (4 stories) (1 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-25)
Hi Bellissima. I thought I should answer your questions. After my father's death, my stepmother moved into town (as a matter of fact, she had not slept there since he went into the hospital) The house has been vacant ever since, but since I have been doing the renovations on it, I have spent every weekend since March there, as well as my vacations. I had promised my father the day before he died that a family member will always be living there. I had told him that his grandson would be moving in, but unfortunately he bought a house instead. Part of me thinks that dad is hanging around to ensure I keep my promise. I will probably be moving into it full time next spring. As for the relationships with my brothers, I have nothing to do with the two mentioned in the story...strangely, the other brother who gets along with everyone, was anticipating a sign from dad, and never got one.
autumnsmommy (4 stories) (98 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-23)
Hi paranormal,

That is a great story to put with the first one. It looks as though your father wanted you and your brothers to continue on with a relationship even if the only things you guys had to talk about was what he had been doing since he passed. It is funny how spirits can remind you who you are and where you came from. Enjoy that that he is still with you in some cases and I look forward to hearing more stories about your father continuing with his pranks.
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-23)
Hi paranormal, welcome to YGS. I really enjoyed your story, thank you for sharing it.I'm looking forward to more from you.I'm curious about a few things - Do you, or another family member reside in Dad's home? Have you maintained any type of relationship with your brothers?
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-23)
Hi and thank you for sharring this story with us. It is always a hard time to say goodbye to our loved ones but isn't it a great feeling when they pop in to say hi? I believe as the other members here that your father just wanted to know that he is ok. Thanks for sharring this story with us. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-20)
Hello, I'm irish too and also My daddy died too and I can smell of him in his car after we went to funeral and brought his car and his stuff home until I smell his senct of smell of him in the car thought it most had left like that before he died. So that later this year I smell his ciggerette smoke in my right side in my bedroom while I was on computer.
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-20)
Like the previous posters, I,too, believe your father not only wanted to let you know he'll be around to protect you but that he wanted you to stick together as a family. His cologne wasn't smelled only to reveal his presence but also to remind you that he as your father was the bond-the connective link between his children.
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-19)
Thanks for sharing another story. I have to agree with Brownie. I really look forward to reading more of your stories.
Brownie09 (6 stories) (293 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-19)
Hi paranormal, thanks for sharing another story. I believe it was your dad's way to let ya'll know that even though he is gone, he will still be around watching over ya'll. That's just my opinion. 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: