You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Photographs / Videos / EVP :: Spooky House In North London

Real Ghost Stories

Spooky House In North London

 

I didn't believe in any kind of ghosts, visions, witches etc. Before. I was characteristic realist until I came to North London to stay at English family and work there as their au-pair babysitter for one year. It was really good for me. I enjoyed spending nice time with that wonderful seven years old girl, I could learn English with native speakers, go to school, and see new places and meet new friends. What a great opportunity for a young girl.

Spooky House In North London

Sometimes the words are totally useless, so I send you my proof - there's a photograph of that very old typical English house in North London where I used to live for one year. I would love to write you my story here, what happened, how and where, what I could see and hear.

But first of all I would like to ask you to have a look at my picture and try to explain me what you see, where and what you think it means.

Because I don't want to influence you at all, I am not going to tell you what my family, my friends and I think. Let’s leave it for next time.

I hope you enjoy that picture and I really look forward to your answers and explications.

Thanks in advance.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, funnybubble, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

autumnsmommy (4 stories) (98 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-29)
From my point of view, it looks as though what Wildone is discribing is the siding of the steps leading to the front door. I can't be sure though. If you look at the brigthest spot, just to the side of the "hat" you can the edge of the steps and where the siding falls off.
Wildone (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-29)
Oh, and the crown of the hat cuts off the lower right hand portion of the door.
Wildone (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-29)
Bellissima, I am not really sure if this is how the comment section works, so if I am wrong to do this, someone please tell me. If you look at the welcome mat, directly to it's right is the rim of the hat. You are not seeing the mat THROUGH the hat, it is at the RIM of it. Sorry, I have this photo enlarger and I had to blow this up a bit to actually see the lines. Only HALF of the welcome mat is visible as it is covered by the hat.
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-29)
funnybubble, hi.That's an interesting photo you have there. Wildone mentions a hat in the bottom corner but it's weird because it looks partially transparent, like I can see the welcome mat through it. As for the mists, hmmm, I don't know. The heavy mist at the bottom front looks like the shape of a person but I can't really pick anything else out.I'm not quite understanding what whitebuffalo is meaning about the brighter horseshoe, she's got a really good understanding of this type of thing and plenty of different experiences she's been through.So, I won't comment on that at all. I think your picture is really good though, I'm looking forward to the time when you decide to share some of your experiences. Thanks for sharing the photo.
Wildone (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-29)
Whose black leather or suede hat is that in the lower right hand corner? It resembles a bull riding hat I won for riding the bull past eight seconds. If you were there alone, where did the hat come from?
Surlay2 (2 stories) (13 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-29)
that figure at the top looks like a baby, and it looks like casper... Lol. But find out the history of the house, maybe a child had passed there or something... It just seems like there is more then one spirit there... Or did a child die near by? Because there have been a lot of things going on in london. I'm in england right now... And I would love to go check out that house some time...
whitebuffalo (guest)
+1
16 years ago (2008-09-26)
You know, the more I look at this photograph, I DO see a "scared old man". What I ALSO see, that no matter how many will tell you it IS a captured spirit MOST photograph experts would HAVE to throw out this photo as a result of one little questionable.
That questionable is the horseshoe shaped brighter semicircle in the top third right hand side of the photograph. That shape caught in photography seems to be an indication of taking a photograph THROUGH glass. Or fog, or mist, or any other moisture induced environmental factors.
I would also like to point out the embryo that is directly above the horse shoe shape. It seemingly wraps itself about the upper window there.
What kind of house WAS this?
Do you happen to know anything about the owners, past or present?
I understand your need to want to get the photograph questions answered first, but let me point out to you that 95% of all photographs that are turned in to be processed and examined are deemed unusable as evidence for a vast number of reasons.
The important thing is what YOU recall from the experience. If you distinctly recollect that NO one about you was smoking, fine. If you are 100% sure that the night was clear, and there was no moisture in the air that could have caused an abnormality, ok. If you are positive that there is no chance this could be a "breath mist", who are we to say it was?
If you TRULY believe and KNOW this to be a capturing of a ghost, keep that to your heart. There will be those that can point out the "obvious" in photographs, but only YOU were there at the time. I, myself, have a few photo's that I WILL NOT share, only in that I KNOW what was going on, I KNOW what should have been there, and something totally different was, or there was an "added".
Thank you for sharing this. I look forward to the story to accompany it as well.
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-26)
I definitely see the two faces and the hands but I don't understand the bottom part. Also, I don't think it's smoke.

Looking forward to your story!
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-26)
Hi and thank you for sharring this picture with us. It was a good idea to send the picture first then telling the story. I haven't read the story yet but if its as good as the picture then imn sure it will be great! I don't think this could be cigarette smoke. I don't know much about pictures but it seems to me that you caught something very interesting. Thanks again. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-26)
it look like a head with a mist some kind in that picture maybe my guess is a angel.
funnybubble (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-25)
to Autumnsmommy: thanks for your comment... You have found what I was hoping somebody will see as well 😊 and what scared me a lot. Do you really see that face on the top behind that,, walking ghost"? I didn't write it before, I wanted somebody to discover it without my pointing and convincing of it. Do you see a face of old scared man? His mouth is opened, his eyes wide-opened too, and he has a moustache. I don't live in UK anymore, I am back in my country 😊
autumnsmommy (4 stories) (98 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-25)
You can tell a difference between cigarette smoke and mists. I'm a smoker. That doesn't look like smoke to me. Ezpecially at the top of the picture it looks a person looking and the side of the picture. Almost a profile of him. It says on your profile that you in currently in the UK. Why don't you try and make a trip back there to see if you notice anything. If you had exeriences inside of the home then that could lead more to your picture.
funnybubble (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-25)
Hi guys, thank you for your comments, I am sorry that most of you think my picture is a fake 😢 But it really isnt... I took it 4 years ago when I lived in UK and it was taken by digital camera...
To DeviousAngel and Easykiel - It can't be cigarette smoke, because I don't smoke and I was there alone. To Surya- where do you see those two people holding hands?
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-25)
Looks like cigarette smoke or breath-fog to me... Is this a Rorschach test?:D
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-25)
sorry about the spelling errors. I just cannot seem to type anything today.
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-25)
good picture, looks like two people holding hands, there is a torch being shome on the wall, the xrescent moon on the the side with that thing what is supposed to be a figure actually looking very closely looks like another picture on top of the picture of the houses. The light in the middle on the top could be outside light. What is really cool is ther is some sort of table behind the two hands a panel of some sort to the left and right, the white mark probably a bit of the picture coming away.

Nice picture.
Easykiel (1 stories) (35 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-25)
Call me a skeptic, but to me that looks like cigarette smoke lit up by a camera flash. 🤔 Sorry. 😐

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: