You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Late Night Cries

Real Ghost Stories

Late Night Cries

 

My mom often told me stories when I was young about the haunts she had come across when she was younger. This one just happens to by my favorite.

When my mom was about twenty, she had two baby boys, my oldest brothers. She couldn't afford to live on her own at the time so she had decided to live with my aunt, her older sister.

One night, when she had finished putting my brothers to sleep, she decided to go drink some coffee and stay up for a while. It was getting late and the only one awake was my mom. While she was drinking her coffee, she could hear the sound of babies crying, not just one, but a lot of them. Obviously, thinking that it was coming from her own kids, she walked to the room to calm her babies down but it turned out that it wasn't her babies crying. She then thought maybe it was my aunt's two kids, who were maybe only four and five at the time, but they were asleep, too.

My mom began to wonder what was going on. She ran to the kitchen, which led to my aunt's room and this tiny laundry room in the porch, to see that the crying was coming from three babies lying in a pile of clothes in the laundry room. She yelled and quickly ran away, which is probably what any other person would do. The crying stopped. She woke my grandma and aunt to show and tell them what had just happened. They claimed they didn't hear anything.

She told me later, on that night, while she went to go wash her coffee cup and prep up for sleep, she walked to the kitchen and right outside of the kitchen window she could see a lady, covered in a white aura, walking across the sky.

Other hauntings by fallingcolors

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, fallingcolors, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

TKDJamie (10 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-28)
I always think nothing would ever scare me and it is cool to see ghosts but I always think diffrently at the time! This story was awesome and probobley scary to witness!
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-24)
Wow.Thank you for sharring this story with us. I would have believed that the place was haunted but since your grandma and aunt never saw anything wierd I would believe that your Mom is a sencitive. It is a great gift. Maybe these spirits came3 for a visit. But indeed this was a very scary story. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
fallingcolors (2 stories) (7 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-23)
There is a fairly large possibility my mother has this high spiritual power DemonSora is speaking about due to the paranormal activity that revolves around her, but who really knows? And for autumnsmommy, there is a ghost story around the Mexican and Texas borders telling of a women in Mexico called "La Llorona" English for "They Cryer". Not many people know her true history, some say she murdered her children and searches for them throughout her afterlife, this is the spirit that my mother had claimed to witness that night.
DemonSora (69 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-23)
wow, maybe she has high spiritual power to see ghost if any of her sister or grandma didn't hear anything.

God Bless
Karin ❤
autumnsmommy (4 stories) (98 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-22)
That would be extremely creepy to witness! Some people could write that off as her being sleep deprieved or something but that makes sense after seeing the babies in the cloths and then seeing the woman. Maybe she was meant to help find the babies for this woman! Who knows! Have you witnessed anything?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: