You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Childhood Experiences

Real Ghost Stories

Childhood Experiences

 

As a very young child, somewhere between the ages of 5-8 years of age, I had three distinct experiences that I would like to share. These all happened while living in a very old farmhouse with my grandparents.

The first strange thing I ever remember in my life, is waking up late one night only to not know where I was and feel that somehow there was something wrong with my surroundings. I remember the room being very bright and feeling like I could not move. Eventually I did get up and move about the house looking for something, and to this very day I'm still not sure what.

The second experience I had still haunts me to this day at times. I believe this happened shortly after the release of the movie "Teen Wolf". The only reason I bring this up is because being very young it may have imprinted on my psyche.

I distinctly remember sleeping with my grandparents that night. For some unknown reason I awoke in the middle of the night and looked down at the foot of the bed only to see what looked like a very large wolf's head rising from the blanket. Even now as an adult I can not truly say if this was my imagination or something trying to play a trick on me.

My last experience was probably what started me in building psychic walls around myself. This experience happened during the day. As this house was very old we had a large window in the living room that was actually mad from many smaller windows put together. I can remember playing in the living room and looking at one of these smaller panes only to see a face looking back at me.

I don't mean I saw my reflection, I clearly remember seeing a mans face in this window pane. For some unknown reason I screamed at the image to leave me alone before putting my fist through the window. I do not know why I punched the window, or even why I thought it would do anything. But I do not recall ever having anything else like this ever happening again after that.

I do know that the house always had a feeling about it, but always assumed it was because it was so old. The only reason I share these experiences now is because I have recently gotten more involved in the areas of the paranormal and supernatural.

Any comments or questions are welcomed and appreciated. Thanks.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Michigan

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, UnkleFester78, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-09-25)
Wow that sure must have been scary. Your first experience seemed a little wierd. I'm not sure if this was sleep paralysis or just a dream, but it sure is interesting. Thanks again for sharring this with us. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
UnkleFester78 (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-23)
Yes the wolf did scare me half to death, I can still vividly remember screaming when I saw it. As for more recent experiences there hasn't been anything super creepy or terrifying. Which is odd when considering that my most recent activities have involved paranormal research, and adventures in ghost-hunting.

On a side note, the family that lives in that old house now, did have some odd happenings within the last couple years after the husband passed. And from what I've gathered it seems most likely to have just been a friendly visitation.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-23)
I agree with what the others have said about the wolf. That would scare the living bejeezus out of me! I don't blame you for putting your fist through the window either. Also, I admire that you're building shields for yourself. That's one thing I always try to tell people to do when they first realize they're having experiences with things that are paranormal or supernatural. It's always better to be safe than sorry. Just be safe! Best wishes to you.:)
autumnsmommy (4 stories) (98 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-23)
Hey, sometimes spirits can manifest into something that scares us. That could explain the wolf maybe. I'm not sure, if that was the case it should have continued for nights there after.

As for the the reflection it is weird that you punched the window but that is a natural reaction when a person feels threatened. That could explain why you did it.

Now that you are looking more into the paranormal have you had anymore experiences latley. Maybe by opening yourself back up you can finally understand why you were having these experiences when you were younger. Let me know it goes! Best of luck at your findings
Easykiel (1 stories) (35 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-22)
I often wonder why it isthat apparitions seem to manifest so often in reflections rather than in the world itself, I have my own tale of such an occurance. I am sure however that, with all of the accumulated knowledge and expertise on this site, somebody here will know the answer to that question!

The first experience that you related sounds very much like an episode of Sleep Paralysis, the brightness of the room (often sleep paralysis can be mistaken for alien abduction, in accounts of which bright light is frequently mentioned), the feeling that something is simply wrong with your surroundings, and of course the inability to move all point to SP. Although as to why you would wake up and start looking for something without knowing what it is I am unsure. It is possible that you were in something similar to a fugue state.

As for the wolf, well, I'm not sure what to say other than that had I seen something like that I would have been absolutely terrified!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: