You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Broken Tv Or Poltergeist?

Real Ghost Stories

Broken Tv Or Poltergeist?

 

It was so weird, typical opening, sorry, but it was. I was about twelve or thirteen at the time so I couldn't understand what was happening. I'll say this first - my house isn't that old. It was only about ten years old at the time and we were the first family to live in it. My parents were out and my brother was upstairs not feeling well. I was walking past the lounge, out of the kitchen because I went to get a drink.

The TV was off but the Skybox light was flashing, meaning that something was happening, like rapidly changing channels. I thought it was the battery in the remote going funny so I went to get some more. By the time I got back into the lounge, the TV was on and the channels were changing so fast it gave me a headache. I went to the TV and pushed the off button.

Before I even left the room, it came back on, still changing channels. I thought it was my brother messing about and trying to scare me. "Alex!" I shouted, expecting him to jump out from behind the sofa or something. Upstairs, I heard him shout, "What?!"

I was freaked. I took the batteries out of the remote. The channels kept changing. As a last resort, I went behind the TV and pulled the plug on the whole thing. It flicked for a second or so before finally turning off. I left it off until mum and dad came home. They turned it back on and it was fine again. What was it?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, elepeddermark2, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

wertona9 (3 stories) (14 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-05-11)
I would think that it would be a problem with the wiring, but we never really can be too sure. Could be a passing spirit at the time, we never know, once again. 😉
rebeccad (13 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-23)
nightshade, I think you might need therapy, because if your parents were really slaughtered in front of you, you wouldn't come on this site and comment about it, you would tell your story. Plus, there would be something on the news about it.
Nightshade (40 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-09-26)
that happened to me before, too. Wait. That moght be the house that I once lived in. Don't listen to whoever told you that you were the first one's there, LEAVE! That poltergeist killed my parents, and if you stay, it'll kill yours, too! I'm warning you, that ghost wants you in a dead end, I'm serious! Please believe me, I'm 14! Well, if you listen to me, I hope you can get out in time so your parents don't get slaughtered like mine did, infact, right in front of me. Pleasem believe me!
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2008-09-25)
I have to agree with Easykiel. I to think that this might have been caused by something other then a spirit. I do understand the channels being switched but the TV turning on by itself realy freaked me out. I would suggest to see if anything later goes on with the Tv. Thanks for sharring. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
Easykiel (1 stories) (35 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2008-09-25)
This is the sort of thing that could proabably just be put down to a fault, which turning it off at the plug seems to have sorted.

The thing is, you'll find that most people have a story or two to tel about a "haunted" tv, I've got my own in fact, although whether it's actually haunted or just a bit mental is something I'll probably never know.
illusionation (3 stories) (35 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-09-25)
I had something like that happen to me and a friend of mine a few months ago, though not really as creepy. It was about 3am, and we were watching the TV, and all of a sudden, the TV changed, it was like someone was hitting the button, it went to channel 1, and I said, "is someone sitting on the remote?" so we grabbed it, and I held it in my hand, and the channel changed to 11. We looked at each other wide eyed, and it then went to 111.
Then stopped. Its never happened since, but with the knowledge that my house is haunted, we think that might have been the case. It was really weird.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-09-24)
I don't know... I have a serious issue with TVs myself. I hate the sound of static and I really don't like when electronics go haywire. I'd be really scared!

On a more helpful note, I remember that I used to live in a house where some kind of interferance caused my microwave to beep uncontrollably for hours on end. We never really did figure out what it was for certain, but I'm guessing it was probably just interferance because the microwave was close to the TV, and sometimes it would happen specifically when my cell phone rang. Crossed signals maybe? I hope this doesn't happen to you again! Best of luck to you!
ladyannne (11 stories) (91 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-09-24)
Something that repeatedly occurs to me as I read the stories here, unless we have witnessed something exactly as others do, AND we were able to come up with a solution to our experience, we simply don't know what might have transpired elsewhere. We just were not there, leaving you, unfortunately, to draw your own conclusions.
Unless your TV becomes 'possessed' again, (my cell phone is possessed, honest) or repeatedly, I would say all you can do is savor a great, trippy experience, that, alas, will probably remain unexplainable. SO many things we will never have a solid answer for!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: