You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Ghostly Chaos On Ivy Hill

Real Ghost Stories

Ghostly Chaos On Ivy Hill

 

It was 1999 and I was moving out of a friend's house after I'd been there for about 4 months or so. I found a beautiful house for rent in one of the more prominent areas around here. I took my fiancé' and we both went to look at the house and agreed this was the one.

My first encounter I should say was just a feeling of being scared to death. I was waiting on the phone company to put in some jacks; this was a very old house and out of 3 floors only one jack in the whole house. Needless to say when they got there and finished I sat outside waiting on my friend to bring my car back that she had borrowed. She wanted to know why I was outside, I said something felt wrong in the house, wasn't sure why I had the feeling, she said it was probably just old and me being there alone was what made me feel that way. I thought so too and went with it.

Two days later, I went back because the land lord was finishing up with some electrical work him and another guy was doing. I asked him if the house was haunted and he looked at the other guy and then at me and said why do you ask, I said because I just got an eerie feeling the other day. He said he hadn't heard anything, so I assumed I was just being crazy.

The first night I stayed in the house was something of an adventure. My daughter was 9 and my son was about 18 months old they both slept with me at this time. When they were both asleep and I finally turned over and turned out the light all of a sudden I started hearing footsteps upstairs.

Let me give you the lay out of my house, it had two floors and a full size basement, which I made into my bedroom. I had a king size waterbed and in front of the sectional couch with a 58 inch. Big screen in front of that with a tanning bed to the left of the TV. And then beside the couch was my computer desk with a door that opened to about a 10ft. Drop or so, my land lord was suppose to put a deck in for me.

Anyways, I went upstairs to check and see who was in my living room, all was dark I found nothing out of place and all doors were locked. So I went back down stairs to sleep, around midnight or so I heard something coming down my stairs which are about 15 straight down, I sat up to see a man.

Now I'm not going to say I was awake, to this day, I'm really not sure what that was. But I yelled and told him he couldn't be there, I knew he was a ghost. He bowed his head and told me he was sorry and started for the stairs, I said stop, this is your house too, but please don't scare me or my children again.

He shook his head and said miss I didn't mean to scare you I was just kidding you a bit. I won't cause you any more troubles. I asked him his name and he told me Elwood Hart, which believe it or not "hart" is my son's middle name. A few days later we researched the house and there was a man named Elwood Hart that used to live there, he was the owner prior to my land lord.

A few days later my friend that had let me stay with her got put out of her house so she moved in with me, this is when things started getting a little freaky. One night my friend who from this point on I shall call Barb, My fiancée' James, and his brother peewee thought we would party a little. We were all feeling no pain and all of a sudden we heard this noise that sounded like my big screen TV. Had been thrown to the floor, both guys ran up the steps from my bedroom and to their shock nothing was wrong with the house. Everything was still intact and the doors all locked. They came down stairs and were pretty freaked out to say the least.

From there little things started to happen like the radio is the top floor or my daughter's room came on and started changing stations, I told Alex to go up in her room and turn it off, she looked at me in a panic and said no way. Then I looked at Barb and said would you go up there and turn it off, she also said no. So then, I said fine I'll do it but you all are coming with me. I unplugged the radio nothing else happened at that time. Like I said little things.

Then out of no where it all started to happen at once. One night, my son Hart needed a bottle so I got up to fix it. I heard Barb come up the steps from my bedroom in the basement. She said don't worry about going into work cause it's snowing big time. I was working as a substitute teacher at the time, I looked out my main door and sure enough it was not looking like I would be going to work the next morning.

Well anyone that knows me knows I'm freaky when it comes to locking my doors. I have to have the dead bolt locked before I will go to bed. Well anyways, it was about 4:00am and all of the sudden the main door swings back and hits the big screen TV. I was sleeping on the couch, just because that's where Hart and I fell asleep. I jumped up said a few choice words and then shut and locked the dead bolt once again. I lay back down and said out loud that if it opens again, I'm leaving. Everything was quiet the rest of the night.

Well I guess I'll stop there, if anyone wants me to finish just let me know... I'm new to this and so much happened, it's quite a story. Let me know what you all think.

Other hauntings by goodluckgirl

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Kentucky

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, goodluckgirl, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-09-25)
Wow that sure sound like a haunted place. I as well as the other members would love to read more about your encounters. It sure sounds like a scary place. Thanks for sharring. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
goodluckgirl (2 stories) (5 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-09-25)
Ahimsa,
I wasn't being brave when the door flew open, my 18 month little boy was asleep and I didn't want to disturb him, or else I would have went downstairs with everyone else. To this day I still don't have a clue what the evil thingy was. After I finish maybe you can give me some advice, your insight into it all.
Ahimsa (18 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-09-24)
Goodluckgirl- That's a great story! I'd love to hear more. You were very brave to confront Elwood and whoever was opening your door, I probably would have fled!
goodluckgirl (2 stories) (5 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-09-24)
Thanks everyone for your interest, wish I would have known about this website when I was going through all this. Would have been nice to have people to confide in.

My fiance' was living in his own apt. And would stay over every now and then. He did move in right before I moved out and I will convey his stories also. Just trying to keep everything in order, soooo much happened.

As far as I know it really didn't bother the kids. They never acknowledged it anyway. I will say this, everyone in the house experienced something, we all heard the footsteps and other little stuff. I was the only that got talked to though.

Thanks again for everyones input.
xashliix (4 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-09-24)
If you would like, I would love to hear the rest of your story. Just message me or something =]
Maybe Elwood wanted to tell you about the other spirit/ghost in the house?
JamesRobiscoe (419 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-09-24)
GoodLuckGirl--Where is your fiance in all of this? Your daughter seems to be no witness, either.
And it was kind of you to see Elwood Hart as a ghost and tell him he could stay (some great sang-froid you've got), but if he promised not to bother you, who or what do you think is causing these further odd occurences?
autumnsmommy (4 stories) (98 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-09-24)
Please continue with more about your house. Your children have not been harmed in anyway have they? It seems to me that this 'Elwood' has a thing for you. Have you done anymore research on the house except for finding out his name? I pretty sure there is a connection somewhere. I would look more into it
savypickles (2 stories) (23 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-24)
I would also love to hear more bout your experiences at your place.

~Savy
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-24)
Goodluckgirl,
Wow! Sounds as if this was a very active place.

I would love to read more!

God Bless!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: