You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Our Good Bye Song

Real Ghost Stories

Our Good Bye Song

 

Hey everyone, I'm back with another experience. This isn't about my beastly visitors but about a dear fiend of mine.

About a month ago, one of my best friends Jazzmine, my sister from another mother, died of cancer. It was a shock to everyone. She had just gotten married and lived a beautiful life. Her brown hair and green eyes reminded me of being out in the woods where the trees where dark green and brown, but God had decided it was her time.

When she had died, I was in the process of moving out of my father's home and into an apartment that my friend and I share. After Jazz died, I became well depressed. I'd do the same thing over and over. Get up, go to my classes, go to work, come home and sleep. I started to dream of her and it bothered me. I'd wake up crying wishing that the dreams would just stop because it caused me so much pain.

Then, about two weeks later, I woke up and walked into the kitchen. I opened the fridge and pulled out the milk for cereal and closed it. On our fridge we have the ABC magnets, you know the ones where you can spell things out with? Well, the magents spelled JAZZIKINS. I used to call Jazzmine that. I got upset and stormed into my room mate's room and asked him why he had done that? He said he didn't do anything. I didn't believe him and left for my classes.

When I had gotten home that night from work, I walked into my room to see pictures of me and Jazz all over the place. I was furious this time. When my room mate got home, I screamed at him and told him he needed to knock whatever he was doing off because it was really hurting me. Again, he denied that it was him. He sat me down and convinced me that it wasn't him doing anything. I believed him this time but I was curious to what was going on.

Later that night I couldn't sleep so I turned on the radio. We had a song that we would sing together in the car. It was our "jam," so to say. When I turned on the radio, it was playing. I got it then.

Do you think it was her telling me good bye or was it just a coincidence?

Other hauntings by Nightgoddess

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Oregon

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Nightgoddess, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Fuchsia (5 stories) (64 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-26)
Maybe it's also her way of telling you that even if you can't see her, she is always with you. Perhaps she saw that you were depressed and it made her sad to see you like that. Stay strong, my dear... You are definitely loved.

Blessed be. ❤
Jam (4 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-29)
maybe it was your best friend saying goodbye. It couldn't be a coincidence because no one could have done that to you.

SMiLE 😁,
Jam.Jam
BYLUYSTER (11 stories) (78 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-09-29)
Yes, I know exactly how you feel. I lost my neice and her baby son in a head-on car crash a few years ago. I missed her so much. At the funeral they kept playing Unchained Melody by the Rightous Brothers. I found myself overcome with grief each time I heard it. Later, when I felt pangs of yearning for her--I'd hear that song on the radio. It made me think of her and I'd say, "I miss you too, Niki." She must have loved you very much. Remember the good times and her with a smile. 😊
autumnsmommy (4 stories) (98 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-09-26)
I'm glad that we have been helping you deal with this. Everyone loses someone special and close to them all the time. You must not dewell in the past, but embrace the presence and the moments that you shared with her. She will always be with you and she was probably letting you know. Best of luck. If you ever start to feel down again, you can always email me. I am always willing to help a friend.
Nightgoddess (14 stories) (54 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-09-26)
Thank you everyone. I'm glad to know that it wasn't a coincidence. I miss her so much and that night really helped me a lot ❤
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-09-25)
I have to say it But I'm POSITIVE that this is your sister. A coincidences happens once a day but not couple of times a day. I think she was trying to let you know that she is here. I guess youy didn't want to believe that so she kept on trying. She wanted you to know that she will be with you. She will allways love you. I hope to hear from you sson and take care
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-24)
Firstly, I'm very, very sorry for your loss. To lose a close friend is a really terrible thing. I agree with what others have said here. It really sounds like her way of doing subtle, small things to remind you that she's still with you and that she's sorry she left you behind, but that it was her time to go, and she's at peace. Best of luck and best wishes to you!
autumnsmommy (4 stories) (98 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-24)
I think that she ws trying to tell you goodbye for leaving you so early. She is probably telling you not to forget her and remember the good times that you guys had and not tobe depressed over losing her that is better now
Nevadaghosthunter (1 stories) (20 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-24)
It was absolutely not a coincidence.
She wanted you to stop feeling so depressed about her. She is in a beautiful place free of pain and worry.
She wanted you to stop grieving and carry on with your life. Evreyone has a purpose and you were stalled in your purpose while depressed and grieving.
savypickles (2 stories) (23 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-24)
I believe it was her saying goodbye that's sweet to know she did that she doesn't want you to be depressed no more probably

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: