You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: A Black Shadow Man

Real Ghost Stories

A Black Shadow Man

 

When I around six or seven years old, my mum and I moved out from a townhouse into a unit. I still live here with her today.

I'll explain how my unit block is set out, so you can get an idea of how I saw what I did. From the footpath, you have to walk down about twenty steps. There are paths and grass areas. The actual unit block itself is in the shape of a semi circle, three stories high with a pool and barbecue area in the middle.

Being a little girl, I used to play with my skipping rope, kick a ball around, swim in the pool, you know the usual things. I can still vividly remember what I would see.

Every time I looked at a corner, or a tree that had a big stump, anything really, even in my house, I would see a shadow in the shape of a man, dart behind/around the corner of whatever I glanced at. It was if he didn't want me to see him, or he was shy.

This continued on for a few years until I was around ten, and then I gradually stopped seeing him. I haven't seen any of these shadows since, only what I've posted in "Something In my Hallway." When I did see them, I never really thought anything of it, I just got used to it I guess.

What do you guys think this was?

Other hauntings by courtneyOMGG

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, courtneyOMGG, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Yaiova (1 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-06-11)
This is kinda... Well this post is kind of old but anyway, I thought I would give it a shot. So uhm, basically I have seen something like shadow men/figures, but the odd thing they're white. All of the ones I've seen recently are white. The only time I've ever seen a black one was when I was looking from my kitchen window, and I saw one near the clothes line. Just standing there. But yeah, never seen a black one since. So back to my question, has anyone else seen white humanoid shadows?
cthac1 (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-17)
I had the same as you. It always happened when I was in bed though. I always saw a big black shadow of the corner of my eye. A man with a big black coat that's all I remember. He always came closer and closer, then I turn my head and look and nothing was there. This is when I was about 6 to about 9. I never saw it again when I moved houses.
I hope that made you a little more comfortable knowing you weren't the only one who has been in that situation.
Thedreamer (1 stories) (34 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-09)
May be it was your Guardian Angel to see if you are ok. I hope I help!

❤ Selinda ❤
courtneyOMGG (12 stories) (179 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-10)
larry_kc24 - You are definatley not alone on this one, there are a lot of people who see shadow people, or who have seen them!
Try searching for stories on this site, it may make you feel more comforted 😊
Take care
larry_kc24 (1 posts)
+2
15 years ago (2008-11-07)
hi courtney, I am with you on this for I had the same experience as a child, to be honest with you I am crying like a child again while reading your story, it happened when I was 4 years old until the age of 7. I told everyone of what I was seeing but nobody believes me, a pitch black shadow of a man appears all the time before I sleep moving around the room. Even my nanny who was baby sitting me can't see him and he's in front of us already. It feels like being encapsulated and its only me and him in the room, even with the presence of another person. I am so relieved that I was not the only one on this. I tried to deny to myself of what I saw before and I believe my mind is blocking it now for I cannot handle it. Thanks for sharing your story.
courtneyOMGG (12 stories) (179 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-26)
Thanks for your comments guys! 😊 😊
Rhodes68 - I agree with you completley, and I've heard somewhere that children and babies are more likley to see/hear ghosts.
ChrisB - I think because I saw them so much, I just got used to it, and I didn't get scared, weird huh 😜
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-26)
Many believe that children are more perceptive of the "unseen" and thus, more 'vulnerable' to various types of visitations. I suppose the more instinctual we are the more open we become. As soon as logic kicks in then we gradually loose our gift as we become less receptive. I also have another theory. Ghosts have been real people with real feelings at one time. Fear was and remains even after death the "dominant' emotion of all. If I were a spirit I would have found it easier to approach a child than an adult for fear that grown-ups might hurt me. Besides what could be more confusing than finding yourself trapped in a material world when you know or suspect you've lost that quality and don't know where to go or what to do? Observing a child sounds pretty harmless let alone it does wonders when it comes to feeling a bit less lonely!
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-26)
Hi and thank you fro sharring this story with us. It is hard to say what someone felt at a time but in this case confusion was one of the feelings you must have felt. But what ever you felt seeing shadow people is something very scary. I don't think I would want to see them anymore. Thanks again. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
Easykiel (1 stories) (35 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-25)
It's always difficult to say when it comes to shadow people. They are a classic result of corner of the eye phenomena and so the skeptical part of me is inclined to disregard most stories where the entity was not seen full on, or dissapeared when looked at directly.

However, the frequency with which this seemed to occur is slightly abnormal, so perhaps a preternatural explanation could be the truth.
courtneyOMGG (12 stories) (179 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-25)
Hey Jmak 😊
To be honest, I don't really remember if I felt any emotion, I think at first I was scared, but then I just got used to it.
And no one close to me or family had passed away until a few years later
Jmak (6 stories) (156 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-24)
Hi courtney,
Thanks for another interesting experience. It's hard to speculate on what the shadows you saw were. Could they have been a guardian spirit, possibly. Could they have been a vision anomaly, possibly. You didn't feel any fear or trepidation in seeing them, had a friend or family member passed away before you saw them? I wish I could be of more help but it seems like the only person who could say what you saw is you. I wish you the very best. God bless. 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: