You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Floating Poster And Flying Books

Real Ghost Stories

Floating Poster And Flying Books

 

The thing that happened when I was about eleven, and I am thirteen now. I still remember it clearly, how scary it had been. I have a vague idea of what type of spirit or ghost it was, but if anyone has a definite name for it, please let me know.

It was August, and it was about 11 o'clock at night. It was snowing, which was very weird. I know it was August because it was just before I started Secondary School. I was about to get ready for bed, but decided to have a look at the snow on the ground, thinking the higher, the better!

When I heard footsteps behind me, I thought it was my brother because the footsteps were light. I turned around to say, "Go back to bed now."

However, there was nothing there and I suddenly felt really cold. Seconds later, all my stuff from the shelves flew off, my books on my desk flew off. When I say flew, I mean that the books went half way across my bedroom before landing. I got so freaked out and got my dad. I was in a shock at that moment. My dad came up, and we both saw that my poster was floating up. I started crying and ran downstairs.

We lived in that cottage for another year, and not once did I go back upstairs. I slept in the living room. Since then, I've always believed in ghosts and spirits. I'm not the kind of person to touch an Ouija board, or anything like that.

Thanks! Elly

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, EllyElmo, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

EllyElmo (1 stories) (11 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-09-29)
Only questioned the Cottage?

Really.

How about the Ouija board, you made it obvious that you didn't believe me, but oh well.

There's bound to be people like that anyway.

Bless you.x

Elly
X
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-09-29)
I don't under estimate anyone, I merely asked some questions, how you wish to interpertate these is up to you. I only questioned the cottage. No malice. Anyway good luck with finding out what ever it was haunting you. I have no need to look at your links.

Look forward to reading more posts fro you.
EllyElmo (1 stories) (11 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-09-28)
Surya-

It's in Matlock, White Tor Road, UK.

:)

Have fun.

Here are some examples of cottages with two floors.

Http://www.chycor.co.uk/cottages/palmcottage/images/the-cottage.jpg

Http://photos.cottages4you.co.uk/Photos/Full_Images/19149-01.jpg

Http://www.vacationengland.com/Ann_Hathaway_Cottage-best.jpg

By the way Surya, you shouldn't underestimate people so much.

😐 😐 😐
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2008-09-27)
www.tshudycottage.com/
Www.pwllgwilym-cottages.co.uk/access.shtml
Thought I would add a few sites that had photographs of two story cottages. One is in Pennsylvania, USA and the other in Pwllgwilym, Mid Wales.
To be honest, I looked it up, as MY definition of cottage differs greatly with what a cottage can actually be.
Thank you.
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-09-27)
sorry about the spell errors. Trying to do to many things at once, need to slow down 😉
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-09-27)
Did you really laugh, bearing in mind I live in the uk, your is the first cottage with 2 floors, so where is the cittage I'll go and have a look. Maybe explore it myself.
EllyElmo (1 stories) (11 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-09-27)
Surya-

I get the impression you don't believe me?

We had two very small floors, and you can have cottages with two floors. There were only two rooms upstairs 😐

The reason why I mention the Ouija board is because I've read that ghosts are usually active and angry if you have used a Ouija board and spoke to them, in this case I didn't, and I just thought it is logic to let you all know, obviously.

Lol, I laughed at your theory about cottages.

Elly
X
EllyElmo (1 stories) (11 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-09-27)
Well my Dad thought it was freaky, he didn't like it. I think he was just a bit scared to open up because it was his house, after all!

Autumnsmommy-

We had lived about... A year I think. Not that sure, but the cottage is well over 100, 200, maybe 300 years.

Yes, other things had happened, but not in the house - in the forest that came with the cottage.

Me and my brother were just exploring in the forest when we got really scared for no reason and felt we weren't welcome there. Suddenly the ground started sliding (The ground was SO old, so that's probably why) but we felt we had to run out of the forest. Once we had got out, our feelings had gone.

Lol, and dad had spoken to a passer by, who was very old (NOT BEING RUDE:P) but she said;

"Didn't Mr and Mrs whatstheirname used to live here?"

Dad found this so weird, as no one else had lived there for a long while.

Hope I answered your questions!
Elly
X

P.s Dreamerga23 - I am going to email now:)
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-09-27)
I was under the impression that cottages were small houses with a single story! Where did the upstairs come from.

You saw a floating poster and started to cry and ran downstairs, what did your dad do?

Why do you mention ouija board, just curious.

Mmmmmm I don't know about this one, sorry, but only because cottages are single storey.
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-09-26)
Wow now that was freaky. Seems like a spirit popped by. But it didn't seem like a happy spirit. Thanks for sharring. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2008-09-26)
It always amazes me that Ouija boards seem to push their way into an experience, whether one was used or not. Interesting that you should mention that you do not use them. I am a firm believe in that if you write it, it is an important fact to you. No matter what it is that you write.
I feel that you expect the comments to all support that this was a poltergeist. IF this was the only occurrence, I would HAVE to say that it was an attention getting ghost. In that it seemingly took its arm and swiped everything off your shelves and desk, what better way to get your attention?
Thank you.
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-09-26)
Hi Elly I am deaf too and the Books and Poster that flew off that is Creepy wow but interest story and scary glad you ran out of the bedroom to sleep in the living room and you welcome to e-mail me I in the the profile if you want to to check me out alright.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-25)
I'm glad you're smart enough not to mess with Ouija boards and stuff! Those things are dangerous. It kind of sounds like a poltergeist. I want to know what your dad thought about it too. I'm also glad you weren't hurt. Good luck!
autumnsmommy (4 stories) (98 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-25)
That must have been exceptionally creepy to see. I'm glad though when everything flew off the shelves that you were not harmed in the crossfire. What did you father have to say about it? There is no telling what it could have been though. Maybe being such a young girl that you awoke something in the house. How long had you lived there before this happened? Had anything else happen anywhere else in the house? Keep us posted and keep writing about other experiences. I truly enjoyed this story. Great job

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: