You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Children Who See Spirits :: My Daughter Was Visited by Spirits

Real Ghost Stories

My Daughter Was Visited by Spirits

 

My daughter and I have had several experiences together and alone. I have had experiences since I was young and my daughter is only 2 years of age and she has been having experiences since she was months old.

I first noticed she was being visited my spirits when she was a couple months old and we had her in her own room and I had a baby monitor set up on her dresser so I could hear her in her room, I would be awakened during the night hearing someone talking and I thought it was outside and I would get up and there would be no one outside. Then I finally realized it was coming from the monitor. I sat there listening and it sounded like a women talking to my daughter.

I woke my husband up to listen and he heard it as well, so I know I wasn't going crazy. I had the hubby get up and check on the baby and he said it was just really cold in her room and he didn't hear anything. So we just went back to sleep.

After a couple hours went by I could hear someone breathing very deeply as if they couldn't breath and they were taking in there last breath. I got up and ran over to my daughter's room and she was sound asleep and the baby monitor was still on her dresser, I checked the window to see if it was open and it was locked shut. I couldn't figure out why it was so cold in her room, especially if we had the heater on.

Another experience I had with my daughter was she was about the age of 1 1/2 and she was in her playroom and I could hear her talking and playing and laughing as if she had someone there with her. When I called her to come to me, I asked her what you doing she told me she was playing with papa (grandpa) and I said who, I was shocked because my dad is still alive and he is currently in Iraq, it scared me.

Then after talking to my mother she said she had just talked to my father and then I realized she was talking about my grandpa, him and my dad look like twins. So she must have gotten it confused. Then I had her play outside and when she was walking outside she put her hand in the air as if she was holding hands with someone and walked out like nothing.

And recently she has been waking up at night saying there is a scary man in her room. She will be 3 in January. She is very advanced for her age and talks very well.

At night I have seen this figure but he was white and glowing and I couldn't see his face, I actually seen him walking around the house. We just moved to the UK a month or two again, and she is still seeing this spirit. He doesn't hurt her I think it's the fact that she wakes up and he is what she see's.

Can anyone help me with this...? I don't know what to do, and I don't want anything bad to happen to my daughter. I just need some advice... Thank You

Other hauntings by Surlay2

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Surlay2, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Jmak (6 stories) (156 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-12)
Hi Surlay2,
The figure I saw when I was little my mother told me was my guardian angel. I guess, depending on your religion, this could be one explaination. Since nothing bad happened to me on that first encounter I tended to believe her. God bless. 😊
autumnsmommy (4 stories) (98 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-02)
Have there been anymore disturbances lately? I know how hard it can be like I said before in a post that my daughter and I have been going through almost the same thing. I think the best thing to do is when she sees this man to tell him to leave that she doesn't want him there. I still stand by that your daughter should learn to tell him also that he is not welcome. I know it will be scary for her and for you. My daughter is very advanced for her age and has older cousins and 3 older sibilings and has learned to stand up for herself from dealing with them. I hear her some nights telling whatever is in her room "no don't do that!" It will extrememly hard for her when whomever he is, is scary to her. Build her confidence up, let her know that she can do it and that if she needs help that you will be there to help her. She is still very young and can be formed in many different ways. It won't just help her to deal with these spirits, but later on in life. If she continues throughout her life seeing things then this will come in handy when she experiences and your not there to help her. Everything will be ok. I feel that with everything that I am. I am drawn to your story like I like I am to many others that have the same problems with children, considering that I have dealt with this my whole life and now my daughter has to too. It will get better I promise. Best of luck and like I said previously if you need anything all you have to do is post something with my name or send me an email and I will be happy to help you more.
bruwx (2 stories) (78 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-01)
That sounds that some amazin stuff is happening around your daughter... I think as long as she feels safe and not scared and she feels that they are good... You should trust her feelings =]
Biemaster (7 stories) (192 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-30)
Hi everyone and sorry I haven't been posting comments for a while. Since school has started, I don't get much time!

Hi Surlay2 and thanks for sharing your story with us!

I have read your earlier stories and by reading those, you seriously have a problem. You are saying that this entity doesn't harm your daughter but who knows, maybe it might anytime just becoming angry or something. I'm not trying to scare you but you better get a medium or a psychic or even a priest to cleanse your house or to talk to the spirit and ask it what it wants. It may be that the entities just want a friend or a companion. Oh and I am saying " entities" because I think there might be a husband and wife because you said you heard a lady talking to your daughter through the baby monitor which may be the wife and the "scary man" might be the husband. Its just a thought, though. The most important thing that you need to do know and the foremost thing is to find out about the history of the house so that you can find out about the people who were living there and try to help them out. I also think that the husband and wife might be not having a baby or must have lost a child so that's why they must be interacting with your daughter. But these all are thoughts and the last thing depends on you and what you want to do. Whenever you feel your daughter's room is cold, just tell out openly in the air," please go away, you are scaring my family" or " what do you want? How can I help you? For yes knock once on the table and for no knock twice on the table" or something like that. Ask questions which can be answered in yeses or nos.

I hope I have been of help! Thanks and hope to reading more stories from you.

Biemaster 😊
Surlay2 (2 stories) (13 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-30)
My daughter has talked to some spirits and I have seen her, she acts like there human and that I can see them. Its just this one guy in her room. I don't think he has been in there lately, but the weird thing is the room they sleep in is so hot. No matter how many fans I put in thereor leave a window open it is still hot, its the hottest room in the whole house. And last night when I was asleep, I opened my my eyes to see some one standing over me, I couldn't move, it was all black but it wasn't liek the shape of a human, where his head should be it was like a long point, I could feel my chest get tight and so I closed my eyes and I tried to talk but couldnt, so I sat there until I could get up. I have never seen this kind of form before. I do have a black figure that visits me but its usually from far, never this close... But thank you all... And I can't burn the house... We are military and this house isn't mine and it doesn't matter where we go she still see's this spirit... *also, ther building new houses here and neighbor told me they uncovered burial grounds*
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-30)
Im vey sorry to hear that spirits are bothering your daughter. It is a good thing that you want to protect her from spirits. But at the same time it is a good thing for a parent to explain what are spirits. Get the child used to there exsitence. But in this case I think your daughter is to young for this. I believe that blessing the house maybe a good idea or doing a smudge ceremony. You can find information about this on this site. If you ever feel the presence of a spirit tell it to leave your child alone firmly. The spirit must know that he is not wanted here. Thanks for the story. I hope I helped. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
anthonymetal (2 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-30)
Try Ghostbusters?

Kiddin' aside, try to consult a medium, XL or large...

I mean a Psychic, or something, better yet,
Sell the house or not, burn it!
redone1867 (4 stories) (37 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-29)
hi my name is lisa and for some reason your story stood out to me until I read it... Maybe you can read some of my stories. I have encountered many unique things you might say... And my advise to you for one would be ask questions. There is no quick fix way for anything like this. Try to find out who he is if indeed a human spirit, and why he is in the house and what he wants! Just because he is glowing white does not mean he is good... You must always trust the gut feeling... If it bothers you nine times out of ten it doesn't have good intentions. Caution: when asking questions do not ask how did you die to the spirit. Let them tell you. Some do not realize they passed and others can't except it. Here's the thing... They exist and they can hurt you. Not ment to scare you I'm just trying to inform to be the safest thing. Should anything go completely bonkers get some salt. Form a cirlce and sit in it until you are comfortable leaving it. Salt is a very pure substance and nothing with malice intent can cross. You can even put lines of it in door ways to keep it out and expell it from your home. Try sprinkling some all around. Let me know what happens. Sea salt works best. I will help in any way posiible if you want.
autumnsmommy (4 stories) (98 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-29)
I'm not sure what else you can do. I think that I would ask whitebuffalo or someone who has alittle more experience with that. I have just dealt with it in my life until it started to effect my daughter. I tried the incense and it worked great. I would contact one of them and see what they would recommend. I'm sorry I couldn't Be of more help. But like I said if I find out something I will definiatley let you know.
Surlay2 (2 stories) (13 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-29)
Thanks for the comments... The thing about the incencses is that I'm allergic and both of my kids are also. The kids share a room together so that would be hard. And our house is very small. Is there any other way? But thanks for your help I really appreciate it...
autumnsmommy (4 stories) (98 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-29)
OMG! That is so uncanney! My daughter will be 2 in January and she has had some of the same experiences. My daughter is quite advanced also and has stood up for herself when she has encaountered these spirirts. She has told them one night "No that hurts! Go Away!" after that she was fine. It does stay cold in her room. But I have had some better luck with whatever has been bothering her lately. Everyone on here has talked about cleansing and using incenses. My husband bought a big box full of incenses from the tatoo parlor that we hang out at and I use them consently. I can always tell on the days that I don't use them because she doesn't sleep that well those nights. Maybe you could do something like that. Don't put them directly in her room, my daughter has bad alleregies, but I put them in her bathroom and it flows into her room not as strong and she sleeps fine. Doesn't have any problems and I don't hear the music that I usually hear at night in her monitor. I believe that maybe you should cleanse the home and get some incenses and see that helps. Tell whatever they are they are not welcome. I agree with Angel, that she should learn to tell them also or they might keep on.
Best of Luck and if you need anything else shoot me an email. I will always answer
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-29)
That sounds like a pretty scary thing for a child, and I think it's a good thing that she probably doesn't realize that her playmates are spirits. I don't think anything that's visited her has hurt her, but if you want to make doubly sure, there are a lot of ways of protecting her. For example, teach her very early on that if there's someone that she doesn't want to touch her or come near her, she needs to tell them out loud not to do so. It's something she'll need to learn eventually anyway, and there should be no difference between the living and the dead when it comes to her wanting her space. Most spirits will leave if they are told to.

Best of luck and warmest blessings to you and your family! Take care, and my fiance and I will be keeping you in our thoughts.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: