You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: The Bell

Real Ghost Stories

The Bell

 

I know hardly anyone read my story The Temple, so before I write this story, in my previous story I mention the bell in the temple ringing but no one there. That is all I will say.

The temple we have in the flat is the one we took from my then marital home. The children wanted one when they were little so I got this little wooden temple and we put an icon of Ganesh in it. We now have the temple sitting on top of a book cabinet which is to the left of you when you walk into the flat.

The Bell

Next to the temple we have a brass little bell, on top we have pictures that have been blessed of The Lord and mounted on the wall is a crown, picture attached (excuse the massive burn mark on the cloth, I stupidly did not check the incense was secure in its holder hence it burned the cloth).

What has been happening for the two to three weeks is I have been hearing bells. At first I thought it was Inka as she has a bell on her collar, but when I have gone to check Inka is nowhere in the flat. She is outside in the garden. I casually ignored this and thought maybe I am just a bit paranoid. We were sitting watching the news the other day and again I heard a bell, again thinking it was Inka, I walked into the hallway thinking she was eating here food but she was not she was actually in our bedroom sleeping.

Very recently I have put a charm bracelet back on a Navajo charm bracelet that was given to me by a friend. I have not touched this bracelet in over a year and it was very black, as silver get when it is not worn, however on putting it back on it is shining. One of the charms sounds likes Inka's bell, and on a few occasions I thought it was my bracelet making the noise, but then realized I have taken it off and put it on the table.

Back to the bell, I do not let anyone ring the bell near the temple, especially at night. My son picked it up once and started to ring it; I got a bit angry with him and asked him not too especially at night. I have heard the bell ringing almost everyday and it is really starting to spook me out. I only ever heard a bell ringing itself when I was married. There is no fixed time to when I hear it but I will hear it at least three or four times a day.

I know the ringing of the bell in the four corners of each room in your property cleanses the property of unwanted energies, could this be why I am hearing the bell? The other strange thing that I feel a strong tug towards is my brass Tibetan singing bowl.

Other hauntings by Surya

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Surya, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-01)
Au Contraire Surya, I did indeed read your Temple/Bell story.

I just didn't have anything to reply about.
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-01)
Dear Atherfie,

I was sort of expecting no comments at all so to have received three is good. 😁

Whatever I am being prepared atherfie, I will prepare myself for and embrace with all my heart.

Efharisto Atherfie
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-01)
Well, I see Surya that your stories are usually a bit too complicated to receive that many comments! We may all have experiences but, it is an undeniable fact that some experiences are far too difficult to interprete or even vicariously experience.

Although I think I have already mentioned it to you, I believe that the ringing of the bell in your temple back in India is echoing once again with the same urgency of the same protector. Could it be preparing you for the changes to come or for the "arrival" of the guardian spirits? One thing is for certain, whatever Deity you hold closer to your heart (I think you now know what the expression means when I use it) is calling out to you, to be prepared and strong since you are not alone.

This of course is my humble opinion and as every opinion it might be nothing more than a false assumption.

Take care Atherfie!
Biemaster (7 stories) (192 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-09-30)
Oh I'm sorry I didn't read your other story. I will surely read it now. Thanks!

Biemaster
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-09-30)
Biemaster

I am the only one who hears the bell, please do read my story The Temple, and see the coincidences, Yes I am religious, Ganesh ji is the only Idol statue in the temple, I do have others but on shelves.
Biemaster (7 stories) (192 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-09-30)
Hi Surya and thanks for sharing your story with us!

You really do have a beautiful temple! It is a different shape while in my house (I'm 13 years old) we have kept different pictures and idols of God which makes it slightly bigger. Do you keep only the icon of Ganesh Ji in it or do you keep other Gods? I think its not a ghost or entity but it can be God itself trying to contact you in a form of something else. Are you very religious or not so much? It depends because you may not believe that it may be Ganesh Ji itself. Are you the only one hearing the bells or is anyone else in your family hearing them too? It can also be that you and only you are hearing the bells. Next time, try keeping a recorder there or a video camera so that you can see if only the bell sound is there or is the bell actually being moved and shaken. Thanks and hope to reading more stories from you!

Biemaster
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-09-30)
Hi Chris,
Yes it is a cute Temple. I am not sure if anything is attached to it, To hear the bell ringing in the marital home and then in my home years later well it brings on a feeling of uneasiness.
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-09-30)
Wow this is a beatiful temple! I realy enjoyed reading this story. When you mentioned the bells ringing I thought this could be explained. But I don't think this could be your son doing it. Once a parent tells its child firmly that he is not allowed to do something they won't do it. I wonder if something is attached to the temple? Thanks again. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-09-29)
Hi Kimsouth0
Sorry I dd not realise this would be published so quickly I will attach the picture and hopefully they will attach for everyone to see. As for Ganesh himself, he worshipped as the God of wisdom, wealth, health, celibacy, fertility and happiness.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-09-29)
I am not familiar with Ganesh, however I have a question. Is Ganesh a protector?
Also, there was no picture attached.

God Bless!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: