You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Multiple Entities: A Cat, A Figure, And My Grandfather

Real Ghost Stories

Multiple Entities: A Cat, A Figure, And My Grandfather

 

My husband and I have been fighting a lot recently, and that's when I noticed all these things going on in our house. Recently we purchased a home and it needs a lot of work done to it. Trying to get that fixed, work, and take care of the kids has been putting a strain on us, so we have been fighting more and he has been going out with his friends more. Regardless if he is home or not, I sense things in our current house. I can hear music in my daughter's baby monitor, and I hear someone in my stepson's room. But recently it has gotten much worse.

Friday night after my husband left to go out I felt like I was being watched. I shrugged it off figuring it was my grandfather because he always comes to me when I need him the most. I was wrong. After I got my daughter to sleep and put her in her crib, I noticed a figure standing in our kitchen, but as I came down the hall it looked like it went out the back door. I went to door, it was still locked, it never opened, and I opened it looked out and nothing was there. It didn't look like a man or woman, just kind of there. It was black almost like a shadow.

The next time I saw it, I heard Sammy (our dog) get up and I looked down our hall to see if he was headed to the room. When I looked down the hall and into the living room I saw this figure again, but I looked as if it was looking back at me. No eyes no face anything. When I gasped it moved around the corner and it was gone again and I haven't seen it since.

Also on Friday night I was heading into my bedroom, after I looked out the back door to find the figure the first time, and saw what appeared to be a cat walking into the bathroom. Our cat had to be put outside due to him "spraying", or marking his terrority, in our daughter's room and because he had gotten sick and we didn't know with what. He stayed on the front porch and went prowling at night.

One morning I noticed that he wasn't on the porch when I opened the front door so I figured he went somewhere to die in peace. About two days later our neighbor came over and said that he hit our cat in his driveway that he wouldn't move. I was distraught but it was better than him suffering from whatever illness he had.

When I saw this back-end, the hind legs and the tail, of a cat walk into the bathroom I felt at ease that he came back. I didn't see him again until yesterday morning when I got up with my daughter and started to clean. I had stopped for a minute and was watching TV and felt something cold move in and out of my ankles. I looked down and saw him move in and out of my ankles and then disappear. I also heard him meowing all night long, like he was in the bathroom again. That was where we had his litter box.

Saturday my husband and I got into probably the worse fight in a while. I was distraught when he left to go riding with one of his friends. I kept telling myself that everything will be ok as soon as we get our new house ready to move into. I finally got myself calmed down enough to watch some TV and play on our laptop. After about 30 of playing on the computer I just decided to put it away I was watching TV to much.

I got really into this new series on HBO True Blood, and then I heard a voice in my ear say "it will be." I recognized the raspy voice with an accent in a minute. It was my grandfather. I looked out of the corner of my eye expecting to see him, but he wasn't there. I asked "What will be? Will everything be ok when we move or what?" I heard it again "It will be." I was like ok; I will take it as it will be ok later on. Shortly after that I heard him again "Everything will be ok tomorrow you just have to be strong." I was like ok I'll take your word for it.

Yesterday was awesome! We didn't fight and we talked about everything. I told him about the figure, and he told me to come on here and see what everyone else thought. I also told him about "patches" our cat that came back. He said he figured that he would considering that he was my cat and we had a great connection.

And I told him about my grandfather. He looked at me and said "No wonder you think he is a great man." It was great about everything, except neither one of us can explain the figure. He kept asking me if I felt threatened by it and I told I couldn't really tell, I was just wondering what it was or what it could be. Please, help me with this problem.

Other hauntings by autumnsmommy

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Tennessee

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, autumnsmommy, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

otteer (8 stories) (398 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-15)
Thanks for sharing your story! You know, I think you may be right. Stories regarding haunted homes repeatedly mention renovation or new owners creating a disturbance, raising the ghosts so to speak. If this entity was disturbed by your work, your presence or remodeling, you may be feeling his emotions and unconsciously conveying that to your husband and vice versa. I agree it is possible that your ghost may have followed you home, possibly out of curiosity possibly because of your daughters young energy. If you have seen and heard your Grandfather you may be predisposed to this type of intrusion because you are a beacon. There are so many possibilities, maybe your daughter is coming into her own regarding hearing and seeing spirits and the entity is growing with her awareness. Possibly this entity dosnt want her to leave your current home! Regardless of the situation, I think it would be a good idea to smudge your new home, maybe have it blessed. Same with your current home. Since your daughter is seeing it too, may I suggest watching "Psychic Kids" for information on how to help her in the future if she blossoms as a Psychic child. This show helped me understand my preteen niece so much better (she see's dead people all the time, including family members) and we were able to talk openly perhaps for the first time in her life about what she see's, infront of her parents. (Ive had experiences too) They had several ah-ha moments while she talked. You can find episodes of p kids on youtube. Keep us updated!
autumnsmommy (4 stories) (98 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-01)
I think I have found out where the dark figure came from! We were at our new house working last night and we were consenting arguing over nothing. At the time I didn't know if it was because we had worked all or what. My daughter kept asking what was outside. When we walked on the front porch she wouldn't let go of me and kept covering her face. So her and I decided that we were going to go to our house now and I was going to get her ready for bed. When my husband got home he was fine. Acted like we hadn't been arguing or anything. We were playing and everything. Do you guys think that it followed from the new house?
autumnsmommy (4 stories) (98 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-30)
I am truly greatful that sooomany people have come to help with this!

Yes Whitebuffalo the dog was pretty used to the cat. They got along great. He kind of looked down the hall when I noticed the cat. He didn't seem to worried when I saw the figure in the living, but then again teh only time he really moves is when he has to go out. He doesn't move much considering the breed mix in him. I have noticed though, during the night he usually uses the bathroom on a puppypad, for accident purposes, and he hasn't since that night. At all! Nowhere in the house, even when we are gone all day. The only child that we have with us all week is our daughter. I have noticed that Friday night she didn't sleep that well, Saturday she seemed much more at peace when she fell asleep and slept all night long. She to noticed the cat Saturday morning. She looked down and said "kitty cat". That was basically her cat after she learned to walk.

Chris B.,
I did feel some kind of peace when I heard my grandfather's voice. He has always come to me when I have needed him the most. I do not know how to do a smudge ceremony. I do burn incense all the time now though. I have noticed on the days that I don't burn them I do feel a presence in the house, and my daughter sleeps better.

Biemaster,
Since Saturday night my husband and I haven't fought at all. Thank you for you wishes. Everyone on this site always makes me feel better about anything that I go through. I do burn incense a lot (everyday). There have been a few times that I haven't and like I told Chris B. I see a change in the way that my daughter sleeps on the days that I don't. She is perceptive just like me, the poor girl.

Thank you again to everyone that has given me advice on this. It means so much to me!
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-30)
Boy, I really hate to go out on this limb here, but I THINK I would have to go with Wildone's assessment of this situation. Yes, it IS possible that this is the manifestation of the negative thoughts going about in your home at the time, but...
Do the CHILDREN sense anything?
I DO think that it possible for ghosts to play a living person against another, I DO think it possible that this COULD have been a manifestation brought on by the ill feelings in the home.
But, in all honesty, I do not FEEL that this is what that was.
I almost get the feeling of the "hanging back", of checking out the situation before acting on it. I DO not feel any kind of anger pointed at you at all.
I keep going back to the story to check out the dogs reaction. The reason being that you had a phantom cat, as well as this shadow person at the same time. If the dog was startled by either one of them, I am pretty positive that he would have taken off. However; if it were with a Being that he was comfortable with, there might not be the fright. I would say he was probably pretty used to the cat.
Can you recall, did the dog do anything other than just get up?
Thank you.
Biemaster (7 stories) (192 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-30)
Hi autumnsmommy and thanks for sharing your story with us!

I have to agree with hobbyholly on this one that it might have been the figure that wanted to create bad energy between you and your husband and your grandfather must have known about the figure. Thats why maybe your grandfather told you that everything will be ok. The cat surely must have been your cat that didn't want to leave your house and presence. I also think that the unexplainable figure must have been an evil one as it wanted to create bad things between you and your husband. If you see the figure again, just try telling it to go away or something and try burning incense sticks in your house which can calm your house.

Thanks and hope I've been of help! Oh and I also hope everything goes well between you and your husband!

Biemaster
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-30)
Oh I'm sure this is NOT your father. You know that we can feel there presence. If your father would show himself right now I'm sure you would feel no fear. You would be in full hapiness and feel the peace you never felt before. But if something else was ther you would feel uncertain, curious scared. I had the same thing at my house. I thought that my mom was at home but why would she be scarring my wife? I felt a presence in my home but it wasn't a good feeling. Then someone explained to me that this was not my mother. Trust me Lindsay you can feel your father presence. But don't get congfused by this spirit. It realy can't be him.
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-30)
Hi Lindsay. Thank you for sharring this very interesting story with us. What realy got me worried was that you and your husband were fighting. I have to tell you something that might worry you. I don't think you two are fighting because you can't get along at the time but it is because the spirit gives this energy. Spirits have the abillity to give people emotions. For instance, if you enter a house haunted by a very sad spirit you to will feel sad. You will cry and feel pitty and you won't know why. The same goes with your house. I bet you are argueing about nothing. I bet that everything is makeing you mad. But I realy think that your husband loves you very much and cares for you but I realy t6hink this is all caused by the spirit. It is giving you all bad energy. I would suggest doing a smudge ceremony or blessing the place ASAP. I realy wouldn't want you to have fights caused by an entity. Talk to your husband about this. Thanks again. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-29)
Wow Maybe the figure is most be some kind of emotion to get the couple to agrued/fighting way... I am glad your granfather and your cat visiting you that nights I have a ghost cat of my own too.
autumnsmommy (4 stories) (98 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-29)
I do greatly appericate your take on the situation Wildone. That is a big possiblity now that you have put it that way. I'm glad that you responded back. I didn't mean to sound mean in anyway, if by some chance you thought I was trying to be. I didn't mean to. It just caught me off guard with the figure in the house and my seeing it for the first time. I truly understand where you think that it was my grandfather. Thank you again for your insight.
Wildone (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-29)
I am no expert, but my take on it would be that you were experiencing an inner turmoil, maybe he was "feeling out" the situation and not wanting to be over bearing? Sometimes our family members hang back a bit to see what it is that we are going to do, or to see how we will handle things. Maybe he was waiting to see how emotionally distraught you were and on Friday, you were upset, but nothing compared to what happened on Saturday.
There are others here who have been here much longer than I have been, they probably have better answers. I just thought maybe it was a possibility.
autumnsmommy (4 stories) (98 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-29)
Wildone,
My grandfather has manifested himself before to me. I don't understand why he wouldn't have that night. I saw the figure on friday night and didn't hear my grandfather until saturday night. That would be the possible answer, but I don't think that was the case this time. Although you maybe right but I don't understand if he had done it before why not now?
Wildone (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-29)
You say that you did not see any eyes, or face, but that you KNEW this was not your Grandfather, but then a bit later you said that you HEARD him, but could not see him. What are the chances that he is trying to become visible to you, and that he can't?
I worked in a place for YEARS that many would say was haunted. Nothing really scary happened, but there was enough for us to notice the "little things".
A young lady came to the place that I worked once, and asked us who one of the girls were that was sitting in the corner (we had introduced everyone that was there). We all said no one was there. She then described her, and in the middle of it said - wait, she is trying to speak.
We all stood stock still waiting. A few of us heard what we thought to be a young voice, others heard a disturbance of some kind. We all stared at the young lady as if waiting for her to translate.
She never did. She only grew flushed, and took her leave.
After that there were times when we would see shadows. I thought it was because this young lady pointed it out to us, but I think it was always there, we just thought it to be a "normal" shadow.
There are times when what we see, and what we hear are so far apart, that we ASSUME them not to be the same.
Is it possible?
TigerLily (3 stories) (145 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-29)
Hi Autumnsmommy, I'm not exactly an expert with ghosts or 'unexplainable shadows' but if you ever get the chance I would try searching the background on the house/area by asking neighbours or just try the internet. Keep me in touch if you find out anything.
I'm also glad to hear your grandfather and cat are still watching over you. 😁

Sorry I couldn't be of much help, Lily x
autumnsmommy (4 stories) (98 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-29)
I never thought that maybe that figure was causing bad energy in the house. I haven't seen it since friday night so I don't know. My husband and I have been getting along since yesterday. I haven't noticed it before when we were having problems. Maybe it's his bad energy that was making this thing manifest. Thanks for your insight it has made me think a lot about what it could have been. Thanks!
hobbyholly (11 stories) (572 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-29)
I've heard that spirits and pin people against each other. That might explain the fighting? At least you can take comfort in the fact your grandfather is with you and being positive.

Have a good one

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: