You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Whistler

Real Ghost Stories

Whistler

 

This is an addition to the Whistler at its latest event in our house in Glenville MN, just a few weeks ago. I will post more on the Whistler later.

It was a Saturday when no one was home but me and the dogs. I was working in the garage and had the radio on in there that you cannot hear in the house. The wife was working and the kids were with their dad. I let the dogs out with me.

It was when I had to go into the quiet house and go the bathroom when the event occurred. Nothing was on in the house; it was as quiet as can be. I finished in the bathroom and was walking out which walks by the daughters room, she always has her door closed. Always.

I saw this from the corner of my eye. I was so startled when I walked by it. I heard in a deep mans voice simply "HI". It was so close and crystal clear, just put the fright right in me and I walked swiftly out the door with out checking it out. That's how startling it was to me to hear that voice.

I kept working in the garage and thought about it. I went back in earlier to find nothing but the door closed. I knew I did not hear anything else but that voice, and the door was closed and no one was in the house. Never heard that voice before.

I have to think it might be the frequent spirit we call the whistler. Just perhaps being friendly or just standing invisible to me by my daughter's door just to get a rise out of me and laugh about it. I will have to say he got a good laugh on my expense. And I am one who is open to this kind of thing, and would love to investigate, but that day.

The whistler got the best of me. Wonder when he will visit us next.

Other hauntings by mulder81

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Minnesota

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, mulder81, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

WinkycatOfGhosts (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-26)
I relate to that. We have a ghost that likes to tap on a counter to get my attention. Shes my age and I will write about her soon! Good story!

Ghostly yours,

Winky ❤
ghostseer (41 stories) (408 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-07)
Our Fear is power to the other side, good or bad... They gain power. I believe it spikes our light-life force (It is shown in studies as an Aura) and they use it to manifest. The whistler is an interesting story. I enjoyed reading your experience. Hadn't run across this myself-yet, but I have had singing, laughter, sobbing...etc. Thankyou for sharing...Blessings, Ghostseer
aherr (4 stories) (46 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-17)
If I hear that voice, first I wouldn't freak out but I would go search or investigate. After that if I can't figure it out, I'd be scared too death.

Sometimes life can be scary. 😨
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-07)
Wow this sure can be a scary situation but if a spirit said hi then I guess that it means no harm. Most spirits are not bad. But when the are bad they sure can cause a lot of trouble. Thanks fro sharring. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-02)
Whew, those types of things frighten me beyond reason, especially when they happen in the home!

Have you had more instances with this type of occurance? Has your family had experiences as well?

God Bless!
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-02)
mulder81
I got a bit confused as well regarding the family. Are they your step kids, as you state the kids were with their father? Is your daughter your daughter or your step-daughter? I would love to read more about the whistler, is he only heard in your daughters room? If it is any consolation, I would have done the same as you let the feet do the talking and walking. I really look forward to reading your next post.
mulder81 (16 stories) (21 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-01)
Hi lyssa. My family was just not at the house at the time. The kids were with thier dad, and my wife was working. I live in the country and no one was outside but the dogs. So when I heard the voise it was like crystal clear as a human voice right there beside me.
LyssaLuva (6 stories) (19 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-01)
dear mulder81,
this story is a bit confusing in a way... With the family are they dead because you said you were the only one in the house... I'm sorry if to you and everyone else this is crystal clear I just don't understand

~~~lyssa~~~~ 😕
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-09-30)
Whoa. I have heard what I thought was a voice at times but always figured it was just some noise from outside that made it's way inside. I have never seen and heard anything at the same time so I can see why it was unsettling to hear a voice and then see something out of the corner of your eye. Kudos to your composure. Most of us would have hightailed it pronto. I don't think it means to harm anyone maybe just wanted to let you know it was there.
mulder81 (16 stories) (21 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-09-30)
Thank you for your comments. I have had many ghost experience and more on this one and have tried to investigate it. Also I have done some evp', but this day it was just my reaction, that took over. The voice was so clear and close, my feet just took over.
Flutterofwings (13 stories) (428 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-09-30)
It would of been nice if you would of, said Hi back and see what happens from that. Many people who are exploring the unknowing like this tend to fear it. I can remember the first time I encountered some entities my feet said RUN and my head said NO WHAT IS THIS. So do understand where you are coming from.
autumnsmommy (4 stories) (98 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-09-30)
I would like to also welcome you. I believe like rhodes68. I"m like rhodes68 in that I two write books 😆. Most people freak whe nsomething in their norm is different. I wonder if your daughter has experienced anything in her room. If you are open to these kind of things then the next time that you are home alone during the day explore more with what might be in your home. Ask questions if he makes himslef known again. Best of luck and best wishes!
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-09-30)
Welcome to our company and thank you for sharing a well written and straight to the point story. (I usually write books 😊)

I found your reaction to the sound of his voice as well as your honesty about the feelings it provoked quite refreshing. Do not wonder why one who believes in the existence of a non material world and searches for proof and answers will then run away in fear when he comes face to face with what he's seeking for so long. It is in our nature to fear whatever deviates from the 'norms'.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: