You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Little Girl And Toy Box

Real Ghost Stories

Little Girl And Toy Box

 

This happened about 3 years ago. It was the weekend and I had driven over to my friend Al's house to hang out for a bit. We lived pretty close to each other, and were at each other's houses often. Al told me that he was going to have some relatives that were going to be staying for a day or two, and that sometimes their kids would want to play in the room that was next to us (therefore we would have to be careful not to get high around them).

It wasn't a big deal though, because they all had to go to bed early so it would only be for a little bit before we could go back to just being ourselves.

Anyways, towards the end of the night, I was getting ready to leave his place and decided to walk upstairs to use the bathroom, since there was no bathroom in his basement. Well, in order to go upstairs, you have to walk by this closet area with a furnace and this dark hallway with a study right by the stairway. I always felt a little paranoid every time I walked by this area for some reason. Well, my friend did hide in the furnace one time and tried to scare me as I walked by, but the entire hallway was just kind of creepy.

Well, I went to the bathroom, did my thing, and as I was walked back down to the basement to get my stuff, I passed by a young girl with long, curly brown hair and a white dress. I didn't think anything of it, and just gave her a little smile and hurried downstairs. I figured she was just one of the kids that was here earlier (there was about 6 and I went straight into my friend's room when I got there).

The next day, I called my friend up and we were chatting when I suddenly remember the girl I saw. I made a joke about how I saw a girl in the basement in the middle of the night, and that she probably just wanted to come downstairs to smoke with us. My friend was like "What girl?" I was like "Umm, didn't you have relatives and their kids over?" He told me that they had all left, except for his uncle, who doesn't have any children. And he told me none of the kids there fit the description of the girl I saw.

I thought he was just joking with me, but he said sometimes he will see his nephew's (who lives with him) toys by the stairs, or if he cleaned up the room already, all the toys would be taken out of the toy box and spread out on the ground. I guess the girl liked to play with his nephew's toys.

I thought it was sort of cool and creepy at the same time, but this increases my paranoia even more when I am in his house and especially when I am trying to go upstairs. Now I just try to hold my pee as long as I can until I leave his place.

Other hauntings by Kii

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Georgia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Kii, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Kii (3 stories) (8 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-10)
thank you whitebuffalo, I understand what you guys mean now.

Yes, the fact that I was in an altered state of mind could have made me more sensitive to "other" things around me. Honestly, one of my biggest fears was just going along about my day, and then out of freaking no where, I see a hideous ghost/demon thing and makes me paranoid and scared forever. I did not expect my first encounter to be like this. I always thought it would be cool however, to be familiar with a harmless/friendly ghost.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-08)
Well now, in my opinion, that would depend, Kii. Are you well versed in Ouija Board use? Is Al? The reason I ask, is not to be a smart butt, but to point out the one things that most posters will tell you after asking such a pointed question as "should we use a Ouija".
It is MY opinion that a board is no more dangerous than speaking out loud to an entity that we are not acquainted with. The only difference, really, is that it can spell out words for you, if you are in the right frame of mind. And protected.

As far as this story is concerned, Wildone makes a valid point. IS there a way to have a reading done? I can not really point to anyone else's comment at this point as most of them are sitting on the same bench, so to speak.
It is MY opinion that you getting high had nothing to do with seeing what you did. Weed does not generally cause hallucinations, at least it never did for me. But I DO know that there are some times in which a completely relaxed state of mind can create for us the platform in which things that were once unattainable to us, are then made clear. Do you understand what I mean by that? You are more likely to pay attention to something if you are relaxed.
Thank you.
Kii (3 stories) (8 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-08)
I would have to say that me being high is definitely NOT the reason why I saw something. I have smoked weed for a very long time now and not once have I seen anything that wasn't really there. Now, I can't say that for other drugs, but if you don't believe me, that's ok. I talked to my friend Al about this the other day and we were wondering if we should use a Ouija board to communicate with her. But that would be a bad idea I assume?
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-07)
I have to say that I would feel sorryu for your friend that he had to live in that house. I bet when you guys went6 out you never went ti his house after that. Thanks for sharring. I hope to hear from youy soon and take care
Wildone (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-06)
There are times in which furnace rooms have a high level of EMF's. In some investigations, they have been found to be the cause of MOST of the "paranormal" occurrences within the place in question. EMF's (Electric and magnetic fields) in FURNACE rooms (you said you had to walk past a closet area with a furnace) can be rather misleading to the amateur hunter.
Most electrical equipment has to be turned on, current must be flowing, for a magnetic field to be produced. Electric fields are often present even when the equipment is switched off, as long as it remains connected to the source of electric power. Brief bursts of EMF can also occur when electrical devices are turned on or off.
The human brain works in much the same way, and also emits electromagnetic signals. It has been proven that the brain's EM field is the only possible thing that could survive bodily death ("The electromagnetic origins of life" by Dr. Becker). It is the electrodes in the brains activity that causes us to feel anxiety, sadness, fear, uneasy, and other emotions as feel.
There have been recorded ghost hunts in which someone has become desperately ill, "hallucinated", been overcome with sadness, but it has all boiled down to the electromagnetic fields within, or around the home.
Add to the EMF's from the furnace room, the dark hallway and you have the perfect setting for a visit.
The toys being scattered at times when they should have been picked up could be many things, a visit being one of them, sleep walking by the youngster being another, just missing a few toys while cleaning, still another. I think it would be a good idea to try and have the forces measured. Is that possible?
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-06)
Did you also know depending on how stoned you are and what you are stoned on can take you to some really spiritual places, or show you things you would be able to see otherwise. I am not drugs is good for you, but it is a fact.
hobbyholly (11 stories) (572 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-02)
Kii

Don't take this the wrong way (or anyone else on here for that matter).
Ever notice in scary movies, the people smoking pot usually get spooked/injured/killed first? Just Sayin
Kii (3 stories) (8 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-02)
I was probably still a little high, but I've been smoking for years and I have never hallucinated off of it. That stuff wasn't THAT good 😜
fallenangel94 (2 stories) (11 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-02)
Maybe you should stop getting high. Unless you weren't high at that particular time. Just a thought, that must have been pretty freaky. 😜
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-02)
I wonder if any of the family have seen or heard anything unusally. Apart from you friend finding toys scattered on the ground. What I will suggest though is the next time you are there, take bottle with you just in case you cannot hold it for to long. 😜

I don't think the little girl meant any harm and just wants to play as indicated by the other guys.
voulme16 (14 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-02)
sweet I guess you was wondering is hes house haunted... Well I think it is ut I don't think shes bad she sounds harmless 😊
nehajust1 (2 stories) (21 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-02)
thats creepy. But maybe the little girl just want to play with toys and don't want to hert you in any manner. Even I guess you are more sensitive towards these things. That's why you were able to see her. Gud luck
marisela1991 (2 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-01)
😲 wow I think that was creepy, I don't think I would have ever gone back to my friends house after that... No way 😉

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: