You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Pink Writing Over The Toilet Door

Real Ghost Stories

Pink Writing Over The Toilet Door

 

I moved house a month ago into rented accommodation. During the night last night my daughter who is 12 came into me in a panic saying that there was writing on the toilet wall, half asleep I just told her to get into my bed as I was in a deep sleep.

This morning, when she woke up she told me to go into the toilet and look up over the toilet door, to my astonishment above the toilet door (which is very high up) clearly in pink chalk was...

"Why look here? The joke is in your hand!"

I have spent all morning questioning anybody that was in the house and nobody knows anything, I didn't have many visitors in the past week. I know for a fact that a week ago for definite it wasn't there and to be quite honest I think my daughter is right that it appeared during the night and she is insistent about this. I don't get a bad feeling in the house and I don't know what way I'll feel tonight but I've gone over everything in my mind and the windows and doors are always locked when I'm not there, even if they weren't nobody holds a grudge over me that I'm aware of.

I'm a fairly skeptical person but I have a strong feeling to myself that nobody broke into the house during the night I just can't explain it, there is nothing missing or touched, I paid a fortune for a HD LCD TV and that's there! I get very strong gut feelings about things and people and generally I'm right.

Please anybody with any advice or guidance or even thoughts on this, let me know

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ireland

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, vlyons, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

jerryhend1 (3 stories) (136 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-20)
"Why look here? The joke is in your hand!" that in itself is a very strong male joke to other males and I understand it makes no sense to females and you may have a guy ghost and when he understands that there are no guys around it may just leave... Realy... Good luck...
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-08)
You know I have to agree with everyone here. I believe that this sentance could have been left there before. But who knows thanks for sharring. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
TheUnknown (1 stories) (192 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-04)
Talk with the ghost and ask he/she that did it do it or not. Its the simplest and you can get answers easily.
troyarn (5 stories) (479 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-04)
I commented on this earlier but I guess it was deleted since I said that I believe this to be no haunting at all.
You live in a rented place and the writing was in an odd place.
My guess is a person who lived there before wrote it.
Bud (2 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-03)
That phrase is bathroom graffiti usually reserved for men's rooms. It's intended to be read while a man is urinating and reading messages left by toilet poets, hence, "the joke is in your hand". If this message was left by a ghost, it's a ghost with a sense of "potty humor."
EllyElmo (1 stories) (11 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-03)
Jeez, Surya, you just critisise.

Anyhoo, I wonder what this sentance meant? Sounds pretty weird to me! I wouldn't like that to happen to me. Sounds like some kind of self riddle, I hope you manage to work it out!

Bless you.
Elly
X ❤
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-02)
I must chime in here as well. Why pink chalk and why above the door? I suppose the most obvious choices would have been on the door or the mirror or wall if it is attention that was wanted from this writing.

Has there been any other occurances?

God Bless!
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-02)
A few questions, how many of you live in the house. Could it be that it was there a week ago and you or your daughter did not notice until very recently.

"I'm a fairly skeptical person but I have a strong feeling to myself that nobody broke into the house during the night"

Please do not take this wrong way, but I think anybody would know if their house was being broken into.

I would have to agree with burning_flame87 on this one for now. Have you had any other strange things happened after this occurrance?
burning_flame87 (1 stories) (52 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-02)
Its strange. The most odd thing is that the message doesn't seem to make any sense. Its a fairly common graffito. You can find that much out from a single google search. The problem is the phrasing. It feels clumsy to me, like it was written by somebody with a limited grasp of grammar or somebody who had read it elsewhere and couldn't remember it correctly. I don't think you have a paranormal issue here. I feel that somebody is making a fairly intrusive joke at your expense. Its just uncertain how that could have occurred.
JamesRobiscoe (419 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-01)
Ms. Lyons--What a curious enigma! The sentiments do not sound to be what a 12-yr-old girl would think, yet your guests are insistent they didn't write the legend? Does it have any symbolic meaning to you and a current problem or issue? (trying to glean if it's giving you advice or a warning, perhaps.) Have you pink chalk in your house? Did any distruptions or unexplained activity occur last night?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: