You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Fort

Real Ghost Stories

The Fort

 

When I was about twelve years old, I went to visit my dad, who lived in Washington at the time. We went to visit this fort, forgive me for forgetting the name. When we went into the fort, my dad, step mom, grandparents and I all went into one of the fort's rooms and after all of my family left the room, I heard a noise, like rocks moving on the ground. I got scared and ran to tell my family. The next room that we went into had this big metal door with one of those big round knockers on it. After my family left the room, I heard the knocker slam on the big door, again I ran out of the room and caught up with the rest of my family. The ghosts must of wanted to make sure I knew they were there.

Later on, we went to the top of the fort. My dad and grandpa wanted to go into the fort when they saw these stairways going down. I told them I did not want to go down there because I did not like the feel of it. So they went on without me. I waited about 5 minutes, and called to my father to make sure he was still there. A second later, I heard my father's and grandfather's voice reply to me saying "Come on down, Mindi, Come on!". So I went down the stairs into the room. When I got into there, there was nobody there. I went out of the room and saw my father and grandfather on the other side of the fort! I went to them and asked them if they told me to come down the stairs and they told me that they did not, and that they had been walking around the fort. That is when I knew that there were really ghosts in that fort!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Washington

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting.

JonnyBoy101 (12 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-20)
Thnx for lettin me read your story 😁 CHILL!

PS I love to read ghost stories. So don't trick me.
justlistening (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-27)
That sounds just like Fort Casey on Whidbey Island. I'd almost guarantee that is what you are talking about. I've been a little creeped out by some of the areas in that Fort myself.
ReganV (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-30)
Fort Steilacoom, Fort Worden, Fort Nisqually
? 😳 Does it sound like any one of those forts? We're getting ready to investigate two of them.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: