You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Children Who See Spirits :: Spirits In My Home

Real Ghost Stories

Spirits In My Home

 

I have lived in my home for about 13 years or so now and things weren't always strange here. I've had odd experiences before, but most I just wrote off as my imagination or something. When you're little and people tell you "it's nothing" you believe it.

A friend of mine actually posted one of my stories on here (called The Ghosts and My Kids by scruddud) He got permission to post it here as I always hope that by sharing my stories, others will come forward with theirs. Refer back to that story if you want to get a background story on my home.

Now just recently I've been seeing shadows out of the corner of my eye. All over the house. Never when I look directly where I saw them. It's hard to say I really feel threatened by them since they don't stick around long, but I am a little uneasy.

The biggest problem I have is with my 2 year old daughter. She has her own room and constantly wakes up crying in the middle of the night. She's gotten better since I've started saying "LEAVE HER ALONE" before I put her down for bed, but some nights even that doesn't work. It's not a normal crying that a baby does when they have a bad dream or run out of milk. It's a full on scream. Occasionally she'll just look up towards the ceiling and stare.

We have a cat that has the tendency to stare at the ceiling as well. (not your typical kitty LFPs either. What we call Low Flying Planes because he follows the movement sometimes like hes watching tiny planes!) These... Whatever they are bother him enough to make him stare for sometimes 15 minutes before moving on.

Sorry if this is a little hard to follow lol I just wanted to get one of my stories out here for all to read.

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Indiana

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Wicked, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

schultz13 (7 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-12)
i have a ghost in my house, not harmful mind you, but the cat thing I totally get. My cat will wake up out of dead sleep and run to the end of my bed and stare at the pitch black corner of the room, sometimes her eyes dart back and forth like shes watching something run back and forth, you no when a cat is getting ready to pounce and their whole body urches forward a couple times before they actually jump, my cat does that to nothing, it is pretty freaky!
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-08)
Heloo Wicked. What a great story you sharred with us. I realyt enjoyed reading it. I have read the comments and I se you haven't done any investigatios. But don't be pushy. When you feel ready to do some let us know. We might be of some help. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
Wicked (1 stories) (16 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-07)
ok everyone well the good news is we've finally moved! Were still unpacking (and will be for a while!) but were here. So far no problems, but we've only been here for one night. Well just have to wait and see.
Schism (44 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-07)
I know how your baby feels, and I am so sorry to hear that things are bothering her.

I remember many things from when I was 1 and 2 years old. One of which was a ghost that came into my room (when I was about 1.5 years old).

I was sleeping in my crib and was terrified by a very mean woman in my doorway. I pulled my little body up using the railing (wasn't old enough to stand up yet) and screamed for my mom repeatedly until she and dad came running in.

Though at that time I still couldn't talk either, I do remember trying to explain about the lady in the doorway and to this day, they do remember me talking gibberish and pointing at the door. At the time they couldn't understand me, but I was trying.

Maybe if you ask your little girl, and if you pay close attention, she will be able to give you an idea of what it is that's bothering her.

Or maybe she'll be like me and grow up and be able to remember it and tell you about it.

Or you could do as my parents did and let her sleep with you until she's old enough to at least get up and run to your room and talk to you about it. Otherwise she is a silent victim and is just going to keep being bothered by it until she's old enough to handle it.

So sorry about your little girl. Take care!
demonisademon (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-05)
so I definelty know what your talking about I am only 13 years old and I know what your talking about my brother and my dogs do the exact same thing half the times. But what I have realized you do get bad feelings but some of them are usally your guardian angel but if your haveing bad feelings about all of them I would defintaly get my house clensed. Thank you for your time AMBER
Laura1103 (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-03)
Hi Wicked,
I must say that I agree with Jmak. I know how you feel since right now I'm going through a situation with one of my children. Now that I come to think of it, when my son and I don't say his bed time prayer, that's when he hears the mysterious knocking at his door. You should try a bed time prayer with your daughter. And try having your radio on with loud Christian music (depending on your religion). That has helped me.
Wicked (1 stories) (16 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-03)
I have yet to fully investigate this house, but I will be moving in about 3 days to an apartment about 25 minutes south of here so at least my kids will be safer. I have given them all protection sachets and cross necklaces that me and the boys (11 & 9) made together. Hopefully the move will help keep them safe as well!
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-03)
Wicked, welcome back! I remember the first story posted as well as your comment on top but you have still not said if the investigations conducted in your house were in any way fruitful. I'm very interested in your case and I'll be looking forward to reading more of your accounts.

Thank you.
Jmak (6 stories) (156 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-03)
Hi Wicked,
As a father of three I know how FREAKED I would be if something was messing with one of my babies, so I have to ask, have you had your house blessed? My best suggestions are to say prayers with your kids before putting them to bed, hang crosses in the rooms, and research the house to find out what went on there in the past. But the most important thing is to, at all costs, protect your children. My best wishes to you and your family. God bless.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: