You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Psychic / Medium :: Feeling Too Much

Real Ghost Stories

Feeling Too Much

 

When I was younger, my cousin and I would spend every weekend at our grandparents house. From about the time we were 5 years old, we knew that there were spirits in their home. We've had many experiences in that house which I will have to post later; since that time, we have both been very sensitive to spirits. We've each seen and heard things at our own homes and we can both enter a building and immediately sense whether there are spirits remaining there.

I've had several experiences where I have had to actually leave a building because of the "feelings" I would get almost as soon as I walked in. One instance was when I was a teenager and my parents were looking at houses. They found this very cute little farm house that we all loved (at least from the outside). We went inside and while our parents were downstairs, my sister and I went upstairs to check out what would have been our bedrooms. I was up there for about 10 minutes and it felt like something was pressing against my chest... Almost like there was an increase in the air pressure. I could hardly breathe. I ended up leaving my sister up there because it freaked me out so badly.

Another time this happened to me was when I was in a small town in Virginia with my mom, grandmother, and some friends. We found a cute little restaurant that was in the lower level of a 3-story home built in the 1700's. The second and third floors were used for receptions; the building was full of antique furniture and we were told that we could look around the reception rooms after we finished lunch. I felt weird all through lunch and it only got worse when we went upstairs. It was almost like there were several people trying to "speak" to me at once and I got the smothery feeling again.

All of us had kind of separated as we looked around, so I found my mom and told her I was going back outside. She asked me what was wrong and said that I was extremely pale. I ended up having to go sit in the car because I was so weak that I was afraid I was going to pass out... It was like I had been "attacked" spiritually, if that makes sense.

Almost as soon as I got outside and away from the house, it was as if a huge weight lifted off me and I could breathe again. It took me a while to get back to normal, mostly because it freaked me out so much!

Other hauntings by tmari76

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from North Carolina

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, tmari76, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-08)
I agree with Frawin here. I believe that you are a sencitiive. A person more opened to this world of spirits. Some call it a curse others a blessing. It depends on how you want it. Thanks for sharring. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
Wildone (guest)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-07)
The heavy, oppressive feeling I can identify with. There are times in which I really have to leave somewhere, though there does not seem to be any "real" reason for my discomfort.
About a week ago an old friend told me that when I feel as if I am under attack, take a step back, take a look around, SHUT UP, take a deep breath, and then jump right in asking the questions BEFORE I am "bombarded" with questions from THEM. I need to make my mind be quiet too, and that is where the "shut up" comes in.
I had always been told that the feelings were anxiety, of new places, new people, new situations, which is just ridiculous as I have always been a traveler. A person does not pick up and leave a place for another if they are frightened by new experiences.
I am in the process of undergoing a bit of "training" from this person to learn how to control these types of situations. HER illustration was to let them know they need to take a number and stand in line. So far, things are working out well for me.
I would have to advise you to do the same. Find someone who is able to train you in a safe and logical way (for your personal situation) and go with it. She is NOT teaching me to CLOSE OUT the communication, only how to take it puzzle piece by puzzle piece to be able to handle it better.
Fire_Skull14 (5 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-06)
Hi tmari76,
I am a person which has the same Gift as you. But I have learned to 'control' it. I can Give you a lot of advice 😁 but I would be hear all night, LOL
So you could email me if you want, I'm in Scotland so a slight time diffrence for IM

Anyways heres my Email
Me_h_p_d [at] hotmail.co.uk
If you want to get in contact I'd be happy to hear from you!
TigerLily (3 stories) (145 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-05)
Hi tmari76,

WOW! 😲 Your story really touched me! I agree with both FRAWIN and kelsiec, You should try talking to a psychic or medium for help on how to control this 'gift'. But you shouldn't let this 'gift' put you off buying the house! Ghosts/spirits ar just like us and should be treated that way unless they want to harm us. 🤔

Sorry I couldn't be of much help, Lily x
kelsiec (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-04)
I don't think you should let this feeling put you off taking the house, ghosts shouldn't be avoided. They are just the same as us, but are dead. They shouldn't be treated differently unless they are attempting murder 😊
FRAWIN (guest)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-03)
Hello tmari76. It sounds to me like you're extremely open and you attract ghosts like moths to an open flame. You also have no idea how to control this gift/curse. My advice to you would be to seek the help of a psychic or medium (one in good standing) and learn how to either control these episodes or how to shut yourself down. Take Care.

FRAWIN 😊
Jmak (6 stories) (156 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-03)
Hi tmari76,
WOW that's some powerful experiences you've had. From your story it's hard to tell if it was an attack or a desperate attempt to communicate with the living. It could be that your sensitivity causes you to feel more overwelmed the closer you get to the spirits; kind of like a proximity alert. I do hope things work out well for you. Best wishes and God bless.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: