You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Quite An Attachment

Real Ghost Stories

Quite An Attachment

 

In 2006, I started dating a guy named Alan. We were the perfect couple and had never had any issues. In May of 2008, I decided that I wanted to work with the Dark Mother, Hecate. I was born and raised Wiccan, so I had a great deal of background in the Craft. I obviously was not ready for such a leap into the unknown. He was present as I did my ritual - I was his teacher. Soon after I did this ritual, I felt like something was ALWAYS watching me. When I went to sleep, it seemed like something was inches from my face, staring. I did a cleansing ritual and felt peace, like the attachment was gone.

Alan came to me a few days later and said that he was hearing whispers. He said he heard a woman say "Tomorrow." The very next day, he totaled his car and began failing his classes. He became angry, full of rage all the time. There is no way he was faking about the whispers - when I laid in his bed at night, I could hear them too. It always seemed to happen at 3:15ish am. Sometimes I could feel a pressure on my chest - like something was pushing me down.

Other people had noticed the change in him as well - I definitely wasn't the only one. His friends had abandoned him because they were afraid of him. He talked about death and pain so much. When he and his friend David were in the car, he actually tried to run over birds and squirrels that would run into the road. Before, he would stop and wait for however long it took for the animal to pass - Matt said he was scared to death and just never spoke to him again.

Alan became VERY violent. We were fighting more than ever - one morning before work; he picked me up and THREW me against the wall. I was left with a black eye and several bruises. I decided to break up with him.

We still talked a little... Just a hey here and there. But one night at 3 in the morning, he called me. He said that he was hearing those voices again. My first reaction was "This man is crazy." My father was a psychologist, so I called him and he said that he saw absolutely no signs of schizophrenia or any other disorders.

Anyway, he told me that he woke up with deep cuts going from his neck down to his belly. I asked him to recite the Goddess's prayer. "Our Mother, who art in the Summerland..." etc. He physically couldn't do it. His voice started to crack and I actually heard it change - it got deeper and raspier. I heard something grunting in the background - it was like a pig grunting and screaming.

I was absolutely terrified. I felt like I was going to puke - I felt like I had let him down as a teacher. When everything went quiet, I asked if he was ok. It just didn't sound like Alan. He sounded different - his voice was deeper and smoother. He just sounded...evil. There's no other way to describe it.

As soon as I could see him again, we headed up to my friend Tyler's house. He has had quite a good amount of experience in the occult so he pulled out several books on the topic. He came to the conclusion that it was a psycho pomp which is a mediator between the conscious and the unconscious. The specific deity I was working with (Hecate) is a psycho pomp. Tyler made him a juju bag and told him to put it under his pillow before he went to sleep.

Alan put the bag under his pillow and that night, he had a dream. He was standing in a dark room and he could see an outline of a human figure. The figure laughed and told him it would be with him forever. He heard that same pig grunting and he and the figure were wrestling. The thing had pinned him and he heard a woman's voice saying "Just think about the ones you love..." and he did. He said that a bright light appeared and everything faded into it.

He woke up the next day with bruises on his wrists and cuts everywhere. He walked outside and called me. He told me what happened and he said that he thought it was gone. He said it was like opening his eyes for the first time again. The sun was so bright and the birds had never sung better songs. Alan said it was like a weight had been lifted off of his entire body.

It was a terrifying experience for the both of us. We are not back together, but we are still best friends. I have left the path of Wicca because I feel like it was a warning for me. The occult is not something to fear and shun, but before one attempts ANYTHING, they should really make sure they are aware of the things that can occur.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Virginia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, FreeThinker, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-10-09)
Do you know the history of Hecate.

I feel sorry for your ex-boyfriend actually, he clearly did not know what he would be dealing with when you decided you wanted to work with the dark mother.

Hecate drives men mad by sending demons to torment their dreams if the man is not strong enough to cope with her, however if embraced she does bring about inspiration. That would explain what your ex was going through.

Looks like she effected your ex and got into his dreams. Shame because you to still may have been together!
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-10-09)
Well I think it is hard for me to judge anyone here. Men beating on women can be the worst things of all but maybe he was possesed. I don't know. But there is a BIG chance that he was. All I can say is that I'm glad that he is ok. Let us hope that he tries his best to be his oldself. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-10-08)
Why on earth did you want to go with Hecate? At least you didn't go with Diana.

If you delve into such again I'd recommend that you do some shielding and pay more attention to your intuition.
gamst (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-07)
That sounds like a pretty frightening encounter but you seemed to be well equipped to deal with it and I think Alan has you to thank a lot for getting him help and freeing him from what seems to me like a possession.
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-07)
Hello Free Thinker and thank you for sharing a well told and very disturbing experience.

I don't know much about Wiccans, just the basics and I've never seen anyone been possessed but I don't doubt for a minute that it CAN happen. I'm sorry it was someone so special to you and that during his change, he unwillingly hurt you.

Whatever was that which you had encountered back then, it was wise not to be taken lightly so I'm glad you distanced yourself and you're safe now.

Thanks again.
courtneyOMGG (12 stories) (179 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-06)
Oh my, poor Alan! I agree with DeviousAngel, it does sound a lot like demon possession!
I'm glad you were such a good friend, even when he was so bad to you, you still decided to help him.
Take care!
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-06)
That's really awful. I'm sorry that it happened. It sounds more like a demon possession than anything else. I'm glad that he was able to get rid of it. Warmest blessings to you and yours!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: