You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: I'm Not Your Daughter

Real Ghost Stories

I'm Not Your Daughter

 

I am the youngest of the 3 children. My brother and sister are from my mothers first and only husband, Oscar. My brother was about 9 months old and my sister 4 years old when Oscar was "accidentally" murdered by his best friend. Reason I say "accidentally" is because that's what his best friend pleaded in court. According to other witnesses there, he was completely wasted and did not know what he had done until the cops showed up.

The few times I have heard my mom talk about this incident, she always emphasizes that Oscar was a little strange a couple of days before he died. He would often go into my brother and sister's room after they had gone to bed and just watch over them. He would stand there for 20-30 minutes at a time looking at them and kissing their foreheads. My mother said this was strange because he wasn't really affectionate to began with and he had never done anything like that before.

The evening before he left with his best friend, he gave my brother and sister a kiss good-bye like he usually did. Only this time he stayed looking at them as if he was in deep thought. My mom asked what was wrong and he replied, "It just feels like I shouldn't go out tonight... But I promised I would." Little did they know that would be the last time they saw him. A few hours later my mom got the call that Oscar had been stabbed in the chest and died almost instantly.

Over the years, the 3 of them experienced little happenings here and there. Nothing big but enough to be noticed. Things in the rooms would be moved or pictures would fall from the dresser. There were times that they would hear tapping on the doors or even hear deep breathing. Over time, it faded out and just stopped completely. My brother and sister are both in their 30's now. Both have their own families and homes. I still live with my mom and I'm now in the room that belonged to my bro and sis.

Nothing had ever happened to me the first 3 years I was in that room. Everything was normal, I never heard or felt anything unusual. It wasn't until my freshmen year in high school. I can still remember that day clearly. I rearranged my room, took a shower and watched TV to wind down. My bed was against the wall and next to my bed was a shelf which held my radio, phone and a few pictures. I was laying down facing the wall, so my back was facing the rest of my room. I had the radio on low enough to hear what was playing. (Just to add, my radio was one that had all sorts of lights flashing to the rhythm of the music. There was a bar about an inch thick that went across the top of the radio. It flashed lights bright enough to light a few feet in front of it. When the radio is turned off the lights automatically turn off too.)

I must have been laying in bed for about 15 minutes. I still had my eyes open and can see the glare of my radio on the wall. Out of no where, my radio turned off. It was completely dark and quiet. I thought maybe the sleep timer was set, but I was so sure it wasn't since I had been sleeping with the radio on all night for about 2 weeks already. I suddenly had this feeling that someone was in the room with me. It was a strong presence. So strong that it was hard to breathe. Then there were footsteps coming from my closet and walking towards me. It was a very slow paced walk. A few seconds later, it felt as if someone sat on the bed. They sat directly behind my back.

At this point I was so scared, I didn't know whether to get the courage to turn around or if I should just run to turn the light on. I felt a heavy hand on my arm close to my shoulder. It wasn't a sudden grab or anything it was gently placed on my arm as if they wanted to be sure not to scare me. I can feel exactly where their finger tips were. My face and ears begun to feel cold and something happened to my hearing. It sounded the exact same way it does when you cup your hands around your ears. A hallow humming sound. I heard something behind that humming... The sound of mans voice in the distance. Far but still very clear. "Hello...baby girl..." I got so scared that I got the courage to get out of bed and run to the light. But as I was getting up, I felt the hand brush all the way down to my wrist. When I flicked on the light there was nothing there. I could feel myself shaking from being so scared. I went to my moms room and told her what happened. I ended up sleeping there the rest of the night.

The next morning I was still shook up. I went into my room to get my clothes and saw that some of the pictures were facing down and the radio was still off. Being in that room gave me goose bumps and I was never able to sleep in that room with the lights off again.

That day after school, I brought up what happened to my mom again. She started to tell me that she always feels Oscar around. She thinks he comes to visit to see how everything is going. There have only been a couple of times where she had seen him through the corner of her eye then would vanish when she turned his way. I felt my stomach turn and I don't know if I was relieved to hear that I wasn't going crazy or scared out of my mind that I had felt a ghost in my room. My mom said maybe Oscar came again and thought I was my sister. After all, she was the one in the room before me and the last one to have any experiences. A ghost that could possibly think that I'm his daughter? He could possibly be mistaking me for my sister. We have always been told that we look exactly the same. So it makes sense right?

That night I went back into my room to try to feel comfortable again. About 15 minutes after I got into bed, I felt that strong presence again. This time before anything else could happen I said in a calm voice, "I am not your daughter. Please go away...Please." The strong presence went away instantly. I looked around the room to make sure nothing was out of the ordinary but everything was fine. I haven't had any more visits in my room since then. If it was Oscar or not I will never know for sure.

Thank You for reading my experience. Comments and opinions will be greatly appreciated.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Cole87, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

girlie (15 stories) (426 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-06-14)
Hello, I liked your story. So were you born to a boyfriend of your mothers. Because you said you weren't born when Oscar died. So that why I asked.
GIRLIE
Cole87 (1 stories) (11 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-10)
I'm 21 right now. This happened my freshmen year in high school so I was about...15? Somewhere around there 😁
pinktot6 (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-09)
wow how old are you now? I think in some way he did mistake you for your sister

Well take care ❤
Cole87 (1 stories) (11 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-10-09)
Thanks for the comments! Well the only reason I say I think he is mistaking me is because I was born 9 years after his death. A couple of years before I was born, my family stopped experiencing his presence. Also because "baby girl" was my sisters nickname from him. It was just a feeling that maybe he confused us. Maybe he didn't but either way I was scared. 😆 I have asked my brother and sister if they had any experiences lately and both say no. The only time they experienced anything was when they were in the room I am in now. So that was about 15 years ago for them.
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-10-09)
This is such a touching story. One that on one hand made me feel sad and yet happy as well. It would be interesting to know if your brother and sister have had any occurances. Especially your sister. Have you asked them? I have to agree with some of the guys here, Oscar probably thought you were his daughter and it is pretty obvious he just wanted to see how his little girl was. I am glad you are ok in your room now. Do let us know if you have any more encounters.
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-10-09)
Well I agree that this was one realy great story! I realy enjoyed reading it. I am very sorry that Oscar had to leave your brother and sister. I am not sure if Oscar had mistaken you for your sister. There are times that spirits are confused. I have a feeling that Oscar isnt. He knows that he is gone and that he pops by once in a while to see how you are doing. Maybe he wants to say hi. He does seem like a kind spirit. He means no harmThanks fro sharring. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
BYLUYSTER (11 stories) (78 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-10-08)
It sounds to me like he knew he was not coming back that night. How terrible for him. Even though you were not his daughter maybe he thought of you as one. An untimely death is hard on the family and the one who has to leave this world. It doesn't sound like he means any harm, but it is good you set him straight. Hope things get better for everyone, including Oscar. 😊
Cole87 (1 stories) (11 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-07)
Rhodes

I'm actually not sure about the pictures that were knocked off the dresser. I never thought of asking that. Good point! I agree with your opinion on this experience. From what my family has told me, he was really happy until that last week of his death. I guess he just wants to make sure we are doing well. My brother and sister both have kids so I'm keeping an eye out to see if they start to experience anything out of the ordinary.
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-10-07)
That was one heck of a story-one I trully enjoyed reading.

First off, let me say I'm terribly sorry about Oscar's death as well as the way he died. I think that a man with such strong intuition would sure find his way back home to watch over his family. That is, since your family all perceived this gentle, protective presence around them, it can't be something they all imagined. I was wondering whether your mom ever told you which pictures were knocked off from the dresser.

I think Oscar's sudden death and being deprived of his beloved family is what made him come back. To claim more time with them and watch his girls grow. For that same reason in addition to his kind nature, this is why he withdrew when you asked him to. I don't think he didn't know you were not his daughter. Had he been a frequent visitor, I'm sure he knows who you are. I'm also guessing that your switching rooms is not definitely the reason behind his visits as much as your age. You are now closer to the age when his older daughter was when he left this world and some kind of powerful emotion on his part is what made him appear.
Cole87 (1 stories) (11 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-07)
Hi Courtney

Thanks for the comment. Yeah it is a pretty sad story. My mom had a hard time getting passed it. 😢 I just hope he doesn't decide to pay another visit when I'm around 😆
courtneyOMGG (12 stories) (179 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-10-07)
Aw this story is sad, how could a guy murder his best friend?
And as for Oscar thinking you were his daughter, I feel bad for him 😢
But I guess it is good that your mum still feels him around! I'm sure it comforts her.
Take care

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: