You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Office Occurances... Again

Real Ghost Stories

Office Occurances... Again

 

I sincerely believe that when tensions are high, we exert a lot of wasted energy. I also believe that the energy exerted can then be used by entities (for lack of a better word) to manifest.

Tensions and frustrations have been running pretty high at work lately. The economy issues touch us all and my office and clinic are not immune.

Recently we have had to scale back our work force. Unfortunately this means that some great staff where laid off. Again, adding to the frustrations, tempers and anxieties of others. The work load didn't change, just the number of staff to complete the work did. For example, one person is now doing the work of themselves and three others.

All of these changes took place last week. Being a member of management, I was responsible for staying and assisting in the process. Believe me, it was awful. Everyone needs their job, I know that, but the decision came from the top, so in order to keep my current position, I had to do as I was told.

I stayed late into the evening last week, until around 9:00 PM, tying up loose ends. I was one of the last people to leave the building. At around 8:50 PM the lights in the corridor started to turn on and off by themselves. Well, being a large business, this could be wiring, someone messing with the switches, any number of things so I decided not to let this bother me too terribly.

After the light show, I began to hear voices. The voices sounded as if they were coming from a group of at least four or five people and as if they were down the hall from my office. I left my desk three times (the voices coming from different areas each time) to check, finding no one. I checked all the log ins to see who was still on the clock, no one was upstairs. Okay, this was getting more and more bizarre.

I clocked out at 9:03 PM and began to log off my computer and shut everything down. As I was logging off my computer I saw a dark shape, mostly long and oval, dash past my office door. Again, I investigated. There was no one on the second floor with me! After seeing the dark oval shape, the temperature in the hallway dropped at least 20 degrees.

I decided I had enough for one day. I completed signing off all networks and grabbed my purse to leave. Just as I was rising from my chair, my office door slammed closed! This is pretty substantial as there was a door stop blocking the door from closing. I sat there for a couple of minutes simply staring at the door. Once I was sure I could walk without my knees buckling I got up and went in search of the door stop. It had been moved at least five feet from the door!

That was enough for me. I called my husband on my cell and engaged conversation with him until I got out of the building and to my car. All other employees had left at this time so I decided I would take a drive around the building just to reassure myself that it wasn't some other employee's actions causing these bizarre occurrences.

As I went around to the front of the building, I noticed in the second floor window the long oval shape passed by the window fairly quickly. I know I saw it because I was preparing to see a person! Also, I had engaged the security alarms and motion sensors. There was no one (human) in the building.

I am not sure what is happening in the building now, but I started my day off with prayers. I will keep you posted.

Other hauntings by KimSouthO

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Nebraska

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, KimSouthO, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-16)
Kedcoughtan,
Thank youfor sharing the information you provided. I am certain the stress and attitudes with all of the office changes had a lot to do with the energy in this place, and still do!

God Bless!
Kecoughtan (1 stories) (211 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-15)
Kim,

I noticed this article on msnbc.com today and thought you might be interested.

Http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28196734/
eris29 (6 stories) (37 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-08)
I am new on this site. I really like the details on how you laid your stories and this one's my favorite. 😁
dia (7 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-09)
Kim,

Given what it did, I wonder if whatever it (or they) were worried you were also leaving.

I can almost see the voices as a figurative tap on the shoulder - to see if you can still hear them. The oval as a visual form when its anxiety peaked. And the fact it was still 'watching' when you looked up to the 2nd floor as it trying to figure out what was happening.

Has the activity remained high? Or did it calm down after a few days?
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-09)
My dear Kim it is so nice to hear from you my dear frined. I am very sorry that you had to let those people go. I know that this must have been a very hard time for you. But there is nothing you could have done. Thats just how life is. Your once up and then then your down. But be strong. I guess some of the people understood why they had to leave. I agree with you that energy and emotyions that come from people give entities strength to manifest. These are one of the reasons they can manifest. Lest just say that our emotions can be there "batteries".I have heard that there are a lot of economic problems now in the US. I am very sorry for all of you. But let's hope that it will be ok. The position you are at now (management) maybe be hard for you and everybody and there sure maybe a lot of ghost activity going on. But you know well that praying will help. It always helps. Keep that in mind when you feel scared. You mentioned your husband is he a believer too? If he is you sure have a great companion you can talk to. I hope to hear from you soon Kim and take care
Kecoughtan (1 stories) (211 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-07)
Just a quick, off-the-wall thought, Kim. Are you allowed to play music in your office? What if when the place clears out and you need to work late you play something that lifts your spirits? The emotional response to music can be intense and I am just wondering if your response to music can help mitigate the negative and uncertain emotions that could be feeding the activity.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-07)
Snailbug,
I am afraid you may be right, There is probably more to come. Whew!

Rhodes,
I hope for resolution also! Luckily, I have not been at the office to much after close these last few days, so there is pretty heavy traffic, not that it always matters, but I have not notices any other occurances.

Kecoughtan,
Thanks for reading and for the support. Believe me, if there are future occurances, I will certainly post them. I can't seem to contain all of the fright and nervous energy these occurances cause in me!

Gamst,
I am afraid you may be right! I have also heard many theories about the energy taken to manifest and how negative energy is generally used for negative responses. I ceratinly hope not in this case though!

I will keep you all posted!

God Bless!
gamst (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-07)
Great story, you do find yourself in some sticky situations Kim.
Just looking at what FRAWIN was saying about the spirit meaning no harm but (and I don't mean to disregard FRAWIN, I'm sure you know more than I do on these matters) if a spirit is drawing from negative energy, isn't it more likely to be just that, negative! The Bell Witch was the perfect example.
Kecoughtan (1 stories) (211 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-07)
Thanks for yet another fascinating story from the office, KimSouthO. Your tales amid the filing cabinets and deserted corridors are among my favorite. Thank you! I am intrigued by the correlation between paranormal activity and staff reductions that you suggested. Please keep us posted on your observations and experiences. I'd love to hear about additional activity and if it diminishes once work place emotions are more on level keel.
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-07)
Kim welcome back and, like FRAWIN said, thanks for the thrill.

I do remember the older stories concerning the strange occurrences in the office block and I have been wondering from time to time whether things had really settled down. I'm sorry they seem to persist. I would have to assume that you will be having some more encounters in the future as from your descriptions, it sounded as if the energy in that place is beginning to manifest again.

I'll be praying for your safety Kim and hope that all this will soon come to some sort of resolution.
SnailBug (61 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-07)
I agree with you 100% about exerted energy. Unfortunately I think you can probably expect more occurrences like this, simply because your office is goingto be pretty stressed out with work and being short-staffed. Hang in there!
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-07)
Frawin,
I believe you are right. You would think after all of the experiences, I would have no problem trying to communicate, however, it scares me silly! If given another oppurtunity, I may ask what 'it' wants, if I am able to speak through the terrors 😲

As always, thank you for the encouragement.

God Bless!
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-07)
Hello Kim. It seems to me that something or somebody is trying to make contact with you at your office building. Apparently it means no one any harm as it passed up the perfect opportunity. Maybe you could communicate with it to see what it wants.

Your stories or should I say experiences are always a thrill to read. Thank you for sharing them with us. Take care my friend and may God Bless You.

FRAWIN 😊 ❤ 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: