You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: A Grandmother's Promise and the Ghost Girl

Real Ghost Stories

A Grandmother's Promise and the Ghost Girl

 

When I was 16, my grandmother took really ill, she was 95, so I quit my studies to look after her. My parents died when I was very young, I don't remember them, it was always me, my brother and my grandmother. Sitting up late in hospital one night talking, I told her I was afraid if she died because I'd be on my own, she was my best friend, she held my hand and we made a promise to each other that whoever died first would come back to let the other know they where fine. Two months later my grandmother died.

After a few months, I eventually gave up on my grandmother coming back to reassure me. A friend of my brother was in his house with us and she had just bought a new mobile phone. Not knowing how to work it, she handed it straight to me to set it up for her. As I was fiddling with the menu, a call came through... I recognized the number and answered it... Nothing but dead air. Hanging up it took me a couple of seconds to realize that the phone shouldn't have rang. No one had the number, I'd just taken it out of the box. It started ringing again... The number was 01232 721784, my grandmother's number.

Her phone was disconnected a few weeks before she died. I believe it was my grandmother fulfilling her promise.

A few months ago, I was watching a program about haunted hotels, there was a story about a little girl who's mother abandoned her at the hotel in the early 1900s. The little girl drowned in a stream, or something, outside the hotel and her ghost is said to appear to women staying in the hotel. People who have seen her have said she calls them mommy. That night and for a few weeks after, I kept having dreams about this little girl, she was screaming for me, calling me mommy, but I couldn't reach her. A few weeks later, I was ill and went to my doctor, he told me I was pregnant. I have a medical condition where I supposedly can't have children, I'm 5 months pregnant as I write this, me and baby are doing great... Though my doctor is stumped.

I just wanted to share these with you all.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ireland

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting.

Tara07D (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-07-27)
Hi all, it has been ten years from I wrote this. Still miss my gran, so I googled her number today and my story came up. I really want to say thankyou for all the beautiful comments and to update anyone who may be still interested. I had a little boy, who is the best little thing God gave me. I've never received another call like that, I wish I had been better prepared maybe told her that I love her and I wish every day she was here to see her grandson. I firmly believe she tried to contact me that day. Thankyou everyone for taking the time to read about my grandmother, reading your comments it means a lot you guys and I pray nothing but good things for you all 😊 Tara
ERizzy (1 stories) (51 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-16)
Wow congrats you are a very lucky woman to have a baby when you can't!

-ERizzy
somethingxdeeper (1 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-07-16)
wow, I'm honestly speechless.
The story about your grandmother was so inspiring and heartwarming, while the story about the young girl was very mysterious and amazing. I'm so glad that you have reunited with your grandmother and I wish you well with your miracle baby! ❤
elnoraemily (guest)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-15)
Congratulations on your child- who is now several years old! Hope that you are both doing well!
louisem3471 (1 stories) (15 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-21)
well your baby is nearly 4 now,, did you have a girl or a boy... I really hope that everything went fine... Could you let us all know how you got on?
louisem3471 (1 stories) (15 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-21)
there are things in this life that we don't always understand or be sure of... One thing that I can be sure of is that I believe you have been given a very special gift, wether it be from your grandmother or the little girl, a gift non the less... I do believe however that your grandmother would've thought herself very privileged to have two wonderful grandchildren to love her so dearly... So congratulations... And I pray that you, your baby, and your brother will live long happy lives...
GhostFox (guest)
+1
13 years ago (2011-05-15)
PrincessLotus
Oh, I'm sorry! I meant that your Grandmother wished Tara pregnant, but I don't actually think that your pregnant by your gradmother, that's just boloney. Maybe she asked Jesus and God to give her a baby.
Just an idea!
Hopefully the grandmother will be a guardian to the new baby.
princessLotus (2 stories) (555 posts)
-2
13 years ago (2011-04-30)
Hahaha! Pregnant with her grandmother? I apologise but that's just twisted. And people don't come back. Maybe some of you believe in reincarnation. But Jesus is the only Man who rose from the dead. Sorry I just can't listen to BS today. Get mad if you will. You'll get over it.

LSD
GhostFox (guest)
-1
13 years ago (2011-04-30)
Tara,
I have this feeling that maybe you are pregnant with your grandmother.
I know this sounds so crazy, maybe she really did try and come back after she died, in a new body.
I really don't know how could this have happened though. Maybe this isn't how it happened. If it's a girl, why don't you call it after your Grandma?
Miss_Cannabis (20 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-31)
Great story, glad your grandma eventualy contacted you. And congrats on the baby news hope everything works out well.

God bless
scaryboy (2 stories) (117 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-01-31)
hey most touching pages of ygs even though unlenghty and grandmas do bless you as she done in my story and why don't you call her and enquire
Scary boy
DollyDagger (4 stories) (31 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-08-11)
Congratulations! The same thing happened to my best friend Rachael's mom. She wasn't supposed to have kids, but was blessed and then ended up pregnant with Rachael, and a few years later, was pregnant again with a baby boy, Jacob.
Thats a pretty cool story. I wish you both luck! 😁
Not_scared_anymore (1 stories) (31 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-07-22)
really amazing story...
😊
One of the best and most touching on this site...
gsi0leader (1 stories) (11 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-05-04)
You should call your grandma's phone and see if she picks up if yes talk to her even if there is no reply.
Chrono (2 stories) (41 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-03-25)
That is really amazing, and very cool at the same time. That your grandma did give you a sign, and that you are prego's. =]!
It's weird how that little girls mother died and so did yours.
Anyways, maybe the little girl is your baby, in some weird and interesting way.
Congrats though!
Take care,
Chrono
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-10-05)
First of all Congratulations! Modern science does not always know everything. You must have been receivng some type of sign letting you know that you would have a child and your dreams would be fullfilled.

God Bless!
PrincessKatie (7 stories) (420 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-27)
I heard that you can have phone calls and receive letters after your loved ones who have passed away. I have never had that experience though. 😐
PrincessKatie (7 stories) (420 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-27)
congratulations! Thanks for sharing you story with us. It was a really lovely story you have there. Yeah that what I thought that the little girl who was in your dream wanted a mummy so she is being born as a other child maybe your going to have her. When someone goes through something bad like getting abandoned they get a new life which they will be born with a family who will love them and not abandoned them. That little girl just wanted love a mummy who wouldn't abandoned her a mummy who would care and love her be there for her. Maybe you had that dream because you had watched that programme. I think you had dreams about her because you wanted to help her and you felt sorry for her. 😐
Athena (9 stories) (222 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-08-03)
O' Tara, What a lovely experience! I am so glad that your Grands gave you her sign! I am also happy that you get to experience being a mom yourself. How did you ever make it through after your grandma passed? That would be a tall order for a 16year old!
My_Cat_Guards_Me (1 stories) (26 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-06-11)
HEY

Your Grandmother must really love you! I Would be hounered

LucyXX

P.s I am Happy
cupcake10132 (4 stories) (193 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-06-02)
It must have been the little girl's or your grandmother's doing. Since the little girl was calling you mommy in your dream. But I believe the little girl wants to live again and have loving mother. So she might be inside you now.=) Good luck!

~~Takuari
lisa (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-04)
congratulations I wish all the best for you and your baby. Tara when is your due date?
guest (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-29)
so has any thing strange happen past these days . I want 2 know seems instresting . You no what happen 2 me I was at my granndmas house my brother fell asleep and my cuzin put a porson doll on the bed then my brother came and woke up and saaw the doll then broke its head right so after the next mornnig the head was glued on the body it had no marks nothing it had no glue on it was perfectly fine
it was scary
cece (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-12)
Thats real crazy! My Granny died back in november 06. And, she LOVED goin to the casino. Just the other day, my mom got a phone call from the number (777)-777-7777. When my m0m answered the phone, there was nothing but silence on the other line. But the phone hadn't hung up. The call came back in like 3 more times before my mom answered. On the fourth time she answered again, but this time on the other end was those slot machine noises in the back ground. It sounded like someone was talkin over the noises or the phone was breaking up. But my mom and I both think it's my Granny Calling to say...,"IM AT THE CASIIIIINNNNNOOOOO!"...the way she used to wen she was still here...!
tara (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-11)
im not sure its just this feeling I have... I have always wanted a little boy, but I just seem to be sure its a girl
miiish (3 stories) (40 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-11)
Congratulations on the forthcoming addition :) Tara what makes U so sure that the baby that is to arrive is the same little girl ? Do take care... Cheers !

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: