You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Sleep Paralysis Or Something More?

Real Ghost Stories

Sleep Paralysis Or Something More?

 

I am 19 years old and I have had about three PERSONAL experiences with sleep paralysis or ghost experiences all within a month's time and all happened about 6 weeks ago. I have had many others which were not firsthand but I was there in the room when it happened. These occurred within the month's time as well.

During high school, my friend JD, told me about when he was sleeping and woke up to something pushing him down. He could not move. He could only talk but what came out was not English. He spoke a language that was out of this world and robotic like. The story never really got to me until recently, when something similar happened.

I went to college and moved into the dorms. JD also came along for college life. We arrived August of 2008. First couple weeks were fine with no problems then one day my friend said he had something to tell me about the night before. He said he felt something over him.

I too saw something the night before and just did not want to scare him. So when he brought up the topic, I shared my side of the story. I saw something human like, dressed glowing in white, pass by him. I only saw the lower half of the body though. It didn't touch him, just stood over him looking at him for a few moments, and walked away.

The next night I couldn't go to sleep and I heard two noises in each of the corner of the rooms. It was a 'hah' noise. It was not a laughing 'hah' but the noise sounded like when you warm your hands. They were around 30 minutes apart. I got a little scared so I faced the wall on my side and hid underneath the blanket.

About 30 minutes after the last one I got pushed down from my leg and my arm. Something then whispered the 'hah' noise in my ear. I didn't try to move as I was terrified. The feeling quickly passed the moment it was done "talking". I knew I was awake because 20 minutes later I yelled to JD to wake him up and tell him what had happened. But strangely enough, he was awake because he had gotten the chills around the same time I was getting pushed down.

A couple of days after I told the Dorm Staff and they quickly had a priest come in and pray in the room for our peace and quiet while we were sleeping. He left us with Holy Water which I sleep with.

About a week later I woke up to the early morning sun. Right when it raised so it was still a little dark. I thought that if the sun was out nothing would happen so I tried to go back to sleep. I put my head back down and not even a minute later I smelt a sort of perfume/cologne mix. It was as if someone was holding a magazine with different pages of perfumes and colognes in my nose. It was really strong so I could not ignore it.

I was facing towards the wall again so I turned over to see what it was and before I could get my head facing straight up towards the ceiling something made that same noise I heard in the corner about a week ago. It pushed my head back down, facing the wall. This happened over again repetitively. While it was happening I tried to call for JD over again as well but only a faint 'gibberish' came out. JD finally woke up and saw me "twitching".

He saw me moving my head back and forth trying to fight it and I was also calling out my name. He yelled my name and I finally snapped out of it. I wasn't sleeping because my eyes were open the whole time; after I had a full conversation with JD. I wasn't scared this time. I felt like whatever was pushing me down was trying to play with me.

The same thing happened again a couple weeks after. It was a mix between the first and second one but I woke up and realized that it was just a dream. I don't remember much but the significance was just to know that I was sleeping. So I knew the difference between when I was sleeping and when I was awake.

The same thing happened to a couple friends who spent the night in our rooms. Kat and Miya were sleeping on the floor between our two beds. Miya was closest to JD's bed and Kat was closest to mine. While sleeping my JD saw a figure near the Miya's feet. The figure was dressed in black, and so was Miya, so he thought Miya was just kneeling down. He thought why would she be kneeling down at this time of night but he ignored it.

A couple minutes later JD heard a noise outside the window. He yelled my name and at the same time Kat yelled my name. Just then Miya told me to turn on the lights. I Kat told us she had just experienced something. She felt as if she was being stepped on by multiple persons or multiple feet and she could not move or yell at all. Just like me she had no past experiences. We also asked Miya if she was kneeling down, but she said she never did during that night.

I have no experience in ghosts or the paranormal. So I don't know if there are multiple spirits/ghosts in my room. Or if one is an adult and one is a kid. Or if one is good and the other is evil (based on the black and white appearance.) I have no clue what this is or what it wants. I don't think it wants to harm me because it has not yet. It just pushed me down.

Other hauntings by smr0930

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Hawaii

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, smr0930, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

scrapmetalkitten (306 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-16)
In my experience just because a spirit is a certain color does not necessarily mean it is good or evil. I always follow my gut instinct about it. I've been choked by a white shadow person, and most of the black shadow people I've seen just kind of stand and watch me in a creepy sort of way or just run off really fast and disappear but for the most part have not been malicious towards me. I think each spirit has its own personality and its own agenda.

-Sydney ❤ 😊 ❤
succubiluv (1 stories) (365 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-07)
Sleep paralysis or something more?
I would definitely say "something more"
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-10)
Do not be scared this is not a possessing. The first encounteres did sound like sleep paralysis but as I read it seems that the spirit brings something with him. An emotion. Spirits tend to do this. We sometimes can cry not knowing why. I believe that this might be the case. I did a blessing in my home and it worked but not all blessings to work. They have "holes" in them and spirits tend to pass through them. They may be gone for a while but they tend to come back. But a smudge ceremony has been used for hundreds of years and it is believed to be the best way to get rid of spirits. You can find information about that on our site. Thanks for sharring. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
Demonbinder (66 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-09)
Rebuke the spirits in the name of Jesus. Their power does not come close to his, and when they know you are in possesion of this power they lay off, however, this doesn't mean you are immune to attacks by demons. You will just be able to handle each and every one effectively. A few days ago I was also paralyzed on my bed during a bright morning, when a spirit entered in the form of my cat and began some wicked dialogue. A prompt "I rebuke you in the name of Jesus, be gone from here" fixed the whole ordeal, and I felt what seemed to be two forces leave. If you are strong enough with Jesus they definitely keep their ground. They will have no authority to meddle with you, that is, unless you invite them in by your actions.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: