You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: A Black Figure On My Ceiling

Real Ghost Stories

A Black Figure On My Ceiling

 

I have never submitted a story before. Please bear with me. This incident took place in Sacramento, CA when I was around 22-23 years old, I'm now 30.

At the time I decided to stay a night at my boyfriends (now ex) house because it was getting to late to go home. I was having a really hard time sleeping for some odd reason. So I decided to close my eye thinking, that I would eventually fall asleep. Well, as soon as I had done so, I felt my chest get really heavy and I was having a hard time breathing. I started praying (sleep paralysis has happened to me before) in my head. I believe it was a couple of seconds later it had gotten off of me.

I was really freaked out, but when I was laying there when it was over so I thought, I just happened to look up towards the ceiling, and what I saw I will never forget. It looked to be a black figure facing me with white eyes and it's hands and legs for some odd reason looked like it was stuck to the ceiling but it's body and face was facing me (I don't know if that made sense or not). I don't know how long I must off laid there looking at it and it looking at me. As soon as I was out of shock, I jumped off the bed and ran for the lights. But when I did that I looked to the ceiling again and it was gone.

Till this day, I still can not explain to myself what it was. I have never seen anything like that. But I did have experience with sleep paralysis but have never seen anything when it was over. Can someone please tell me what they think it might be?

Thanks for reading my story! I have many more to come.

Other hauntings by tkkchang

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, tkkchang, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

courage10 (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-23)
either you were imagining or hallucenating or something totally grusome happened in that room
shadowphil13 (22 posts)
-1
14 years ago (2010-09-24)
I wouldn't have believed you if you didn't describe this being. It's a shadow-type ghost of which it's also an earthbound, a spirit who is bound to the Earth. Or it may have been attached to the building itself. You might as well gt rid of it. It's appearance is enough to scare the crap load outta ya.
WindowsGhost (7 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-23)
This black figure is some sort of shadow. I have seen things like that before when I was little but it was harmless but yet it's scary.
EmeraldAngel (4 stories) (319 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-30)
oh my god that's definitly not good ghost more demon thank god it didn't harm you sorry but sometimes lights aren't enough to keep them at bay but how should I know I'm only twelve going through crazy nites that are driving me insane best of luck and blessings~Katherine~ ❤
woowoo (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-14)
I have just joined because I am quite freaked as something happened to me 2 years ago very simalar to what you are saying. My husband was night fishing and I went to bed about 12. 30 a.m. I must have been asleep for about an hour or so and was half asleep and half awake and I thought I was dreaming that there was a large black mass floating above me then I could here lots of strong whispering voices in my ear so I opened my eyes and still making the same noise I was frozen I don't know for how long then I started praying to myself I forced myself to get out of my safe cocoon and turn on the lights, looked round and nothing was there, but ofcourse couldn't sleep all night. And when my hubby goes night fishng I can never sleep properly because I have the light on. But last night I went to bed after hubby and he was deep in sleep snoring away when he started talking to me in his sleep saying there was a ghost and I responded what do you mean a ghost babe? And he said not one three and they are evil and they were in the room and telling him to shush and turned on the lamp and shook him awake and told him what he said and at first he couldn't remember then he started to freak so now I am looking for answers, do you think it just a dream he had, or are these things connected?
mom2004 (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-14)
they are called night hags. Look them up. I have seen and felt almost the same thing. Also, look up the biography channel, hit ghost stories and listen to the first girl with the nose ring and you will understand. I didn't know what it was until I saw that and then everything became very clear. You probably have not had the same experience in your own house. They tend to stay in the same area for some reason. Some people say it is a sleep condition, bull, let them explain to us why it only happens when you are in certain places. I just posted a story, "mimicking my daughter". You should read it. I saw a black mass on the ceiling too.
broken_heart (5 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-13)
sorry I forgot to put this in my comment but I have always heard that when it looks like its attached to the building or something then its like the demon form of a person whos soul is still attached to the building or the room or grounds. I hope that helps alittle. Probably not but oh well I tried. 😁
broken_heart (5 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-13)
i know that sleep paralysis can cause frightning images so that could be a posability. I also have a problem with sleep paralysis but I'm only paralized in my sleep but for some reason when I'm paralized I begin to sufficate for some reason. I normaly black out in my dream or what ever. Its a rare accasion that I don't black out. I no I'm not making any sence when I say black out but what I mean is il be faintly dreaming something and then everything will just disappear and go black. 😕 I still don't know if that made much sence.
NikkiD1991 (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-17)
To be completely honest with you, I have been told that these are "Shadow Demons". I have not yet been told why they come to us. But it is very scary. The same things have happened to me. The only thing I can tell you to do is to get a crystal that matches your chakra. You can look these up online through the Crones Cupboard or just any website that has these in detail. Once you get a crystal consecrated you shouldn't take it off. But once you get it on, they will leave you alone. If you have any questions or comments just let me know.
sejadasgirl (16 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-24)
Some times when I'm laying in bed I ccan see the spirits in my house flaoting around my room. The first time I saw a shadow on the wall itscared the tar outta me. But nowadays I'm used to it plus the spirits here don't mean any harm. But usually when your chest starts to tighten that's normaly a bad sign I would get that checked out if I was him.
ToraOkami303 (1 stories) (75 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-19)
...sorry I can't help you... But I can tell you this sounds familiar and I think, in fact, many people have seen this 'Ghost' or as I see it Demon from hell on earth... All I know is just hearing about said Demon has me on edge... These kinds of 'ghosts' are why I still sleep with a light on and why I don't like walking around in the dark... I hope you find and answer tho... (and I do reccomend the light on thing... I believe it works:) I have never seena ghost on my brightly lit room:) )
christianboy01 (5 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-10)
I know exactly what it was I don't think I know it was a demon the same thing happened to my mother except for the figure on the wall if your wondering why it happened at that time of night it is exactly because it was dark and darkness brings fear, satan works through fear if you want to know how to deal with it read the bible it will tell you alot

P.S. In no way was it a ghost
whitefang557 (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-04)
😐 it might have been a demon or something like that you can never really know until you look into it 😐
Luke (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-21)
I have these experiences every so often, but as far as I know I'm able to move. I wake up with my heart pumping and feeling slightly anxious. I then look around my room and usually see things like a face, or if I try to ignore it and go back to sleep I can feel something like my covers being pulled off me, or hear breathing. It's like a nightmare comes through into reality.
tkkchang (4 stories) (21 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-10)
I guess, I'll never be able to find out what it is then. I remember like it was just yesterday when it had happened.
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-10)
Well I hate to say it But I to do not know what this was. But for sure this must have been a very scary experience. Maybe this was a spirit that couldn't fully manifest. Maybe that it is why it looked so wierd. Thanks fro sharring. I hope to hear from yoou soon and take care
ElectricTNT (1 stories) (45 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-09)
I have no idea what it was, but that is just plain creepy. Thanks for sharing your story.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: