You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Something Keeps Calling My Name

Real Ghost Stories

Something Keeps Calling My Name

 

This has been taking place for some time now, but at the same time, its very rare that it happens. I'll be lying in my bed at night, almost in a deep sleep, when all of a sudden, I will hear someone calling my name. It sounds a little like my grandmother, but different, so I usually get up to see what it is.

Well, the first time it happened was right after my small paranormal group and I had investigated an old cemetery which is about a mile through the woods near my house. We all headed home and I laid down to go to sleep, when all of a sudden, I could hear this voice calling my name. So I got up and opened my bedroom door and stepped out into the living room. I couldn't see anything at all, so I just said, "Hello?" And from the corner near my front door I hear. "Come on Kevan, not much farther." So I thought in my head, "Screw this." SO I jetted back to my bed and reluctantly fell asleep. Well, morning came and I just threw the thought out of my head for a while.

Then a couple of nights later, I had been in a deep sleep. I can only remember slightly waking up whilst hearing "Come on Kevan, I need you" coming form the living room, and then I can kind of remember getting up. Well that's all I can remember from that moment, all I know is that I woke up like an hour later in the middle of the woods that are near my house. My house is surrounded by woods for miles. So I had to walk all the back to my house in the dark.

Well the third and final time, so far, that this has happened. I was walking into the kitchen to get a drink, and I was using my cell phone as a light source. Well, I'm standing there about to open the fridge, and then I hear from the living room. "Come on Kevan, you have to do this." Only this time it sounded a little more angry and demanding. So I gathered up my courage and walked into the living room once again using my cell phone as a light and I stopped... Then from the corner by my front door I hear. "Now!" SO I held my light up, but it would not light up the corner, everything around the corner lit up, but the corner itself would not. So I just got my drink and went back to my room.

I kind of feel as though something followed me from the small cemetery which is located in the woods, SO I'm wondering what this "spirit" was wanting me to do when I got there.

Other hauntings by Kevan

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Alabama

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Kevan, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

blackrabbit (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-05)
something like this would happen in a house I owned. It was my first home I've ever owned and nothing ever happened at first but things started happening after my exwife moved out. My elderly neighbor told me that the family I bought it from moved away becuase thier elderly mother died. I think maybe she died in the house and I had all sort of strange things happen in the 5 years I lived there.

Anyway one of the strange things was that I'd be sleeping and someone would call my name in a loud whisper and it always woke me up. I lvied alone and the kids were at thier mom's house most of the time. The only other things in the house were the dogs and the cat. It was strange, it happened several times a week and mainly only during a daytime nap.
ghostfreak14 (2 stories) (44 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-30)
sometimes I hear a man's voice calling my name, it's really creepy, sorry I know that doesn't help
Demonbinder (66 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-14)
I highly doubt that is your grandmother. Our dead reach eternity upon death, familiar spirits take on their forms and portray themseleves as ones we know. I also think due to your involvement in the paranormal, these demons have latched onto you, and want you with them. A prayer you will need is for the protection and seal of the Blood of Jesus. I would also advise you command this spirit as soon as you hear it, to leave your premises, as it's not wanted. Directly rebuke it in the name of Jesus, and tell it it has no grounds to operate near or towards you, that is if you really consider yourself a child of God. If that is the case, they already know they are out of bounds, and must stand down, though they may not do this quickly.
Kevan (10 stories) (50 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-14)
To chrisB- I've tried telling it to leave, and it will usually go for a while, and then it will come back a few days later.

To Motherpann- Yeah, we've done that a few times in the past, and just recently one of our investigators will start us off with saying a prayer of protection.

To Tonith- Yeah, I just think it followed me from there because of the night I woke up in the woods, I felt like it was taking me back to the cemetery.
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-12)
Not that there can't be spirits in a cemetary but usually it's not the place they tend to hang out. They are usually found in the place where they lived not where they are buried. I don't know if you brought this thing home with you or it's just a matter of you are spending way too much time hunting ghosts. I know when my sister and I spent too much time in our local cemetary (its a great place to walk with no traffic involved) we would start having dreams about the place. Don't know if this is the case for you but try focusing on the things pertaining to the living and maybe all this will clear up on it's own.
MOTHERPANN (10 stories) (77 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-11)
Kevan one of the things we do after an investigation is to tell the spirits that they can't come home with us and have to stay where they are. Also before an investigation we pray for protection. So be careful and take those two simple but important steps when you are investigating.
Hugs Motherpann
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-10)
Hi AKevin na d thank you for sharring this story with us. It sure sounds scary and the situation you are in now sure sounds scary. I agree with you that a spirit must have fallowed you guys home. Spirits sometimes do that. Usually they leave us pretty quickly but sice the "grandma" hasnt gone yet I think she won't leave by herself. I would suggest doing a smudge ceremony. Or of you hear her the next time, tell it to leave you alone and taht it is not wanted here. Maybe that might help. Thanks for sharring. I hope to hear from you soon and take care

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: