You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: A Stroll Through The Kitchen

Real Ghost Stories

A Stroll Through The Kitchen

 

This is another occurrence from one of my previous places of employment (see demon or worse). It was a Tuesday and I was training the new dispatchers and officers on the fire alarm system. I would go floor to floor activating different points to see how the dispatchers and officers responded.

Any way to the point; the place was deserted except for Security and a few other employees in the basement. Everything was going like clock work so I thought I would throw a monkey wrench into their efforts by activating an obscure point in the kitchen.

I got off the service elevator in the kitchen and noticed that housekeeping had just recently finished mopping the floor as it was still wet. With my ribs still sore from my previous experience, and not wanting to slip and bust my butt, I was being very careful watching where I stepped.

As I was making my way to the back of the kitchen I saw foot prints on the floor; now this would not peak any interest in me except for the fact that the foot prints were made by bare feet. By now you all know I'm as curious as a cat so of course I had to follow them to see who was walking around barefooted in the kitchen.

I followed them towards the salad station and, as I turned the corner, I saw the foot prints forming on the wet floor. Nobody was in the kitchen but me yet I was watching the foot prints walk across the floor. At first I thought it was a trick of the water drying but the floor was still wet; no drying action. I followed them across the kitchen and watched them basically pass through/under a long station where the plates are stored/prepared and to a row of deep fryers where they disappeared.

Other than surprise and curiosity I didn't feel anything during this experience. I think it might have been a residual occurrence as it didn't interact with anything. What do all of you think? Please feel free to e-mail me about this or any of my other experiences. Thanks for reading.

Other hauntings by Jmak

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Alabama

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Jmak, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

CountryGirl400 (17 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-12)
Loved your story and I think that is pretty neat how the foot prints formed right in front of your eyes. Wonder what the ghost's...if it is a ghost... Purpose is for being there. Thanks for sharing your story! ❀ 😊 ❀
Jmak (6 stories) (156 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-21)
Hi CenterCore,
Thank you for taking the time to read my experience. I guess at the time I was too engrossed in watching the footprints to bother trying to talk to it. Ether that or maybe the fact that I never talked to footprints before πŸ˜† who knows; but it never entered my mind to do it. I to believe this to be a residual haunting do to it walking through tables and a deep frier. God bless.
CenterCore (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-20)
Interesting... I haven't witnessed anything to this degree, but have definitely seen a lot I can't explain. This does sound like a residual "haunting", I must say. Did you try talking to it?
With my experiences, the things I'm haunted by do react to speech. If not, that would make them residual hauntings, which I believe is what you saw. Best of luck in the future.
- Core
Jmak (6 stories) (156 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-04)
Hi Shiva,
Thank you for taking the time to read my experiences. I believe your friend has contacted me already but was more intrested in the wiregrass area of Alabama. If we are talking about two different people then yes please have her contact me. As always I do welcome e-mail from anyone wanting to talk about their/my experiences in more detail. I do not claim to be an expert but I will help in any way that I can. God bless.
Shiva (2 stories) (14 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-04)
Hi Jmak,
I just read your post on one of my experiences and the idea of contacting you through E-mail is a good one.

Also I have a friend of mine who is collecting such real experiences to write a book on them. I have lost contact with her since we worked together 2 years ago.

I will write to you and try my best to get in touch with my friend as well... Hope she hasnt given up for lack of stories... 😁

Godspeed S.
Jmak (6 stories) (156 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-08)
Chocomad,
Thank you for reading my experience. Yes it was very strange watching the footprints materialize right before my eyes. While I didn't feel the fear that you described in your experience, I did feel that they were remarkably alike. God bless. 😊
chocomad (2 stories) (19 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-08)
woah that is freaky. Also it's a little bit like my story. So you actually saw the footprints walking across the floor?
Jmak (6 stories) (156 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-21)
Hi everyone,
I must apologise, I referenced the wrong title to my other experience from this location. In my story I said "see "demon or worse" when the correct title is "Spirit or worse". Please forgive my oversight. Thank you all for reading. God bless. ❀
Jmak (6 stories) (156 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-14)
JamesRobiscoe: Another comment I've been waiting eagerly to read 😊. It's good to hear from you again my friend. You've made a very valid point; I can't say I have ever heard of of seen any other ghost footprints either shoed or bare πŸ˜†. Although shoes would have been more sanitary than bare feet in a public kitchen. 😜 But seriously, if I ever got the chance to, I would love to do a complete investigation of that place. You would not believe the experiences I had out there. These are just the tip of the iceburg. Thanks for reading and commenting. God bless.
Jmak (6 stories) (156 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-14)
Rhodes68: While I was never able to confirm the native american burial ground theory I was also not able to disprove it either. I heard it from to many sources to disreguard it totaly but on the same note I never saw anything to positivly "say it is here". I imangine if the theory is valid the energies/spirits could move through the building as they see fit to do; but even the residual energy.? I guess I have more reading to do πŸ˜•. Thanks again for reading and commenting. 😁 God bless.
JamesRobiscoe (419 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-14)
Jmak--A marvelous encounter! If I were ghosthunting, I'd make sure that floor was wet for hours whenever practically possible, and keep a videocamera, EVP recorder, and every other sensitive mechanical device going.
I love the (seeming) simplicity of this. As to the curiosity of the bare feet, why aren't we just as baffled by a spirit wearing shoes?
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-14)
Jmak, "Indian burial ground"? That seems to make some sense in relation to the foot prints! Oh, my! Now you did it again and made me even more curious. Can you imagine the poor visitor not only trapped between dimensions but having to seek the "original path" through unfamiliar structures?! I wish you go on with your search cause I'm dying to learn what you will come up with.

Keep it up my friend!
Jmak (6 stories) (156 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-14)
ChrisB: It's good to hear from you again my friend, I am so glad you liked my story. Your right, if I had seen regular shoe prints on the wet floor I would not have thought much about them but bare feet and in a kitchen? I'm still scratching my head trying to figure out why there would be that type of residual energy four stories up in a building that was built to be just what it is πŸ˜•. While there were a number of tragidies out there, some of which I personaly responded to, I don't recall any of them being bare footed when they passed. Thank you for reading and commenting. I always look forward to hearing from you, best wishes and God bless. 😁
Jmak (6 stories) (156 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-14)
Rhodes68: I was wondering if this one had caught your eye 😊. You hit the nail on the head; why bare feet? I have been asking myself that for the last twelve or so years and, unfortunantly, have not come up with any solution. When the place was built it was designed and constructed to be exactly what it is. While I was there I heard the usual rumors of native american burial grounds and the like but didn't put any stock in them. I'm going to keep trying to figure it out, if I do I'll be sure to post it. Thank you for reading and commenting. Your comments are among the ones that I tend to look forward to reading first. Best wishes to you my friend and God bless. 😁
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-13)
Hi Jmak and thank for sharring another interesting story. It realy was a great pleasure reading this one. Well I to would be surprised if I saw footprints of a bare footed person at work. You could easily explain this at home but at work? I agree this might have beena residual but Who knows. Maybe there is a just walkingf around in that building. Did you ever try finding about the history of the bulding? Were there any accidents that happened there? Maybe there is a chance that you can find that out. Then it would be easier to understand what this spirit is doing there. Thanks again. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-13)
Jmak thanks for another great story as always! It's a real thrill reading your encounters!

Well, like the previous posters suggested, I also guess it was residual but I seem to get stuck on little things so here's my question:Why bare feet? Why not the mark of shoes on the floor? I was trying to visualise the direction the energy was heading towards and wonder... What was there before the room was turned into a kitchen? Was this facility ever used as something else or was it always the same?

Thanks
Jmak (6 stories) (156 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-13)
Flutterofwings: It's nice to hear from you again, thank you for your comment. The reason I called it a residual is the fact it didn't interact with anything. It passed through a long serving/prep table and a deep frier that was against a wall; and believe me at that time I DID NOT want to interact with anymore entities there πŸ˜†. But it was very facinating watching the footsteps form in front of my eyes.

GreenNails: Thanks for your comment, yea it was one of the freakiest experiences I've had 😲. Luckily that one didn't do anything to me, if it had, that might have put a halt to even my curious nature πŸ˜†.Thank you both for your comments. Hope to hear from you both soon.
GreenNails (8 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-12)
Damn! Thats Freaky. 😨
But It Didnt Do Anything
To You, So If You Dont Bother
It, You Will Be Ohkay
Flutterofwings (13 stories) (428 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-12)
Usually a residual is some part of the ghost you can see, like the legs and feet not just the foot steps it was making. You did have a ghost there. For me I would been fascinated to have seen that.
Jmak (6 stories) (156 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-12)
Hi everyone,
Thanks for reading and also for your comments. They are always welcome.

Forbidden_Love: Yea it was pretty supprising not just finding them but watching as they materializd. That whole place was creepy to be honest with you 😨.

Tonith: While I always welcome all comments I have to say yours are anticipated somewhat more, the intelligence and wisdom demonstrated in them is appreciated. There were no sounds involved with this experience and to be honest if I was not watching my feet I probably would have missed them alltogether. As for having a lot of nerve... Nah just more curious that I should be sometimes πŸ˜†.

Laus: It was more supprising than scary, I didn't feel anything during this whole event (not like the last one...OUCH!)
The thing I have as of yet to figure out is why. Why would this kind of residual haunting take place in that area? Its always been a kitchen and it was a fairly modern building, it had never been used as anything else. Any way thanks all; hope to hear from all of again soon. 😁
laus (3 stories) (26 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-12)
woah! That's real scary, such a stereotypical ghost storry yet you saw it! I know I would have been scared outta my wits!
Take care, Laus x❀
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-11)
If this was residual it means its happening, whenever, whether anyone is around or not. No one would notice it unless it made sounds of footsteps and you didn't mention anything about sounds so the reason you caught it was that the floor was wet and the footprints seen. That had to be something to behold. It's one thing to see footprints after they are made and another, watching them being made. You have a lot of nerve lol. I don't know if I could have watched something like that and not be totally freaked out.
Forbidden_Love (42 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-11)
Wow that's creepy lol... For what you are typing it doesn't sound like it could cause harm...

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: