You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: They're Back

Real Ghost Stories

They're Back

 

It's been a while since my last story on this wonderful site. Happenings at my house subsided quite a bit there for a while... Until recently... My wife is quite the skeptic when it comes to the paranormal or at least she likes to portray that. I think it's mostly because of her upbringing. She cannot deny the supernatural now. The most recent occurrences have been happening quite a lot to her.

Let me fill you in on the latest. I have been waking up a lot in the wee hours of the AM, roughly between 2:30 and 4:00. I awoke one night this past month to a consistent pushing down on my side of the bed. Thinking it was my two year old trying to get in to bed, I didn't think much of it until this went on for a couple minutes or so. I finally rolled over and looked to see if he needed help in to the bed and as you might expect - nobody was there (that I could see anyways).

The next night I awoke abruptly out of a dead sleep opened my eyes and BAM! Staring right back into my face was that of a woman. She was seriously lying right between my wife and I. It's hard to describe it but she was transparent, yet she wasn't. The most striking thing I can remember was her eyes. They were beautifully shaped, sort of oval. After starring in to her eyes for what seemed like forever, whoosh she was gone! The thing is, I didn't get too too freaked by this. I was mostly in awe.

A couple days later I returned home from work shortly after five o'clock. I went to the back bedroom where my wife was doing her hair / make up. She works a few hours in the evening when I get home from work. The kids were in our room, on the floor playing contently. I bent down to hug my boys when all of a sudden my wife let out a loud 'Oh my gosh!' and dropped her brush. I quickly jumped up and asked what was wrong! She was as white as a ghost (pardon the pun). She refused to talk about it. Finally after she got home from work she told me. She said that right as I knelt down to hug my boys, there was a figure, all black, standing directly behind me, over my shoulder. She said she felt that it was a young girl. As soon as she gasped and I stood up it had vanished.

A few days later we were both in my youngest sons room getting the boys ready for a day out when nearly the same thing happened. This however we both saw it. It was all black and it darted from our bedroom which was across the hall down the hallway toward our living room. We just looked at each other like holy crap!

My oldest son who is 2 and a half has been more vocal about things as well. We'll be in the kitchen eating when out of nowhere he'll say, "what's she doing?" or "who is that?" all the while looking out in to the living room. That is starting to concern me. While I don't want to discourage his seeing the supernatural, I cannot help but be a little timid about encouraging it too much. I know how spirits and ghosts can manipulate children in to thinking they're something that they're not to win their trust.

One night while my son was asleep and my wife was at work, I pinned a cross over his bed. I hadn't told my wife about this. I left for work the next morning before they got up and when I got home I asked my wife if she had noticed the cross. She told me she thought it was so cute how I had told my oldest that it was "Jesus' Cross". The thing is, I never got the chance to tell him that because he was asleep when I pinned it in this room and had left before he got up the next morning. She told me she wouldn't have noticed had my son not led her in to his room, pointed to it and said "it's Jesus' Cross!" We do believe in God but we don't really go to church like we should so I'm sure where he picked that up.

This is somewhat unrelated but I would GREATLY APPRECIATE some feedback on this...

My mom celebrated her birthday recently at her house. It was a huge party with DJ and all. The odd thing about that night is that in every single picture with the exception of one, my wedding band is on the wrong finger. My ring finger - on my right hand. I never ever take my ring off so I am baffled as to why in the pictures it is showing up on the other hand? There were a couple cameras there that night and each one showed the same thing.

As always, I appreciate you taking the time to read my story.

Peace and Love to You All!

Other hauntings by BriFischer05

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from North Carolina

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, BriFischer05, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

fosnessie (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-28)
Hi,
I read your story and hope that things get better.
My husband reminded me that
In some famlies it is traditional to wear your wedding band on your right ring finger when remarring after the death of your spouse.

All the best.
BriFischer05 (14 stories) (169 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-16)
Nope, no mirrors in any picture. I was not even the main focus. They're all with my wife and I or with other family as a group. I'll send a pic to be posted with this story so you can see...
Jackets (3 stories) (71 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-15)
Regarding the ring switch, were you the main focus of the photographs being taken? The only non-paranormal thought I could figure was if someone were photographing in front of a mirror, the ring on your left hand would appear to be on the right hand. That is, if I have the imaging correct in my head. It's just a guess, but that is definitely odd.
BriFischer05 (14 stories) (169 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-15)
I'm not saying it was a spirit who did the ring thing. I don't see how a spirit could do such a thing. I am just utterly baffled by it and cannot get an answer from anyone I ask.
JamesRobiscoe (419 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-14)
Hey, BriFischer--The ladies all have good points about this doe-eyed spirit. If she has intentions upon you, though, why would she change your wedding ring to the other hand and not make it disappear completely? It's an astonishing photo phenomenon I've never heard of before, but I think the symbolism has yet to be cracked.
When your son sees her and asks a question, you might say, yes, you know she's there (even if you don't see her, it's not lying to him since you do believe she is) but ask him little quiz questions, like "Can you tell me what she's doing now?" Or "Tell her she needs to go to the light." Your son is young enough he may question but not doubt or fear, so long as he is confident you're with him in the activity.
There seems to be growing urgency on her part since she now knows she's being seen. It must be for a reason of hers and seems like one that is not to hurt or harm. (Who else taught your son it's "Jesus's cross"?) In an important way, she's in your power; you're not in hers. God bless your whole family. - James
Demonbinder (66 posts)
-1
16 years ago (2008-10-14)
I would have guessed this thing (s) would like to see a disrupted family, starting with this spirit lying in between you and your wife. Rebuke it, and tell it to get out in the name of Jesus. You also will not tolerate any plan these spirits have for your family and you come against these plans and them in the name of Jesus. Tell your kid to do the same when he sees them.
BriFischer05 (14 stories) (169 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-14)
It startles me more than anything. As long as it does not effect myself or my family negatively I don't mind a 5th person in the house, although it'd be nice if she paid some of the bills 😉. She needs to give me my work keys back too! Thats another little game she'll play - hide our keys and then put them where there si no way we can miss them.
Schism (44 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-14)
When I first read this, the first thing I thought was that she has a crush on you.

Imagining myself as a 17 year old woman, single, and having died prematurely, I could see how I would also want to hang around a living man who I'd perhaps fallen for... Regardless of the fact that he'd be alive and I'd be dead.

Morbid, perhaps... But infatuation is a strong feeling.

I wouldn't send her away unless she tries to hurt someone.
BriFischer05 (14 stories) (169 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-14)
Thanks for all the comments everyone. It seems like these happenings don't occur unless there is a lot of stress in the house. Times are hard right now for everyone, esp financially. This has put a little strain on my wife and I, not to mention my truck breaking down suddenly which an expense of course we had budgeted for, ugh. My advice to anyone would be to always stay positive and look for the light at the end of the tunnel. No matter what problems you face today - THE SUN WILL STILL RISE TOMORROW. 😆
LyssaLuva (6 stories) (19 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-14)
Whoa this really shows how powerful ghost can be you know with the changing of ring and all I new they could change like knock photos off but never change them 😲
Anyway read my stories

1) ghost pretender
2) I love you too
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-14)
Now that is a first. I have seen many strange things in pictures when it comes to paranormal activity but this is a first. I realy do believe you when you said you never take it off. Most men dont. Usualy the women loose there wedding ring beofre men do 😆.I realy believe that your son sees this spirit. It is said that children can see more then adults can. I would try asking your son some questions. But remember you can't scare him. He still doesn't understand what's going on and it would be a good idea if he didn't know. I believe a smudge ceremony should get rid of these spirits. Try finding information on that on our site. Thanks again for this great story. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-14)
Oh, two more things: First I forgot to comment on the photo. Then I just read Leanne's comment which comes to strengthen my conviction about your visitor.

Finally I'll leave you with a thought. According to the Catholic religion, you wear the band on your left hand, right? We, as Orthodox Christians, wear it on the right hand... Just something to ponder on.
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-14)
Welcome back BriFischer05 and thank you for a fascinating account!

It sounds like you Lady Visitor was a little apprehensive of your first direct encounter in bed and chose not to fully manifest after that but I wonder why exactly. Is it just hesitation on her part or absence of neccessity to do so since the introductions were made the first night?

Also it seems that not only did she make herself at home but gets to approach each one in the family to "strengthen the bond". First she allows your wife to see her then she "socialises" with your boy.

I really have to wonder about the identity of the woman... I might have thought she was a drifter but something tells me she used to live there with her family-one she obviously misses a lot. Her approach may indicate that she needs to "fill in this gap" by seeking a deeper kind of connection with you and your own family.

If she continues with her visits, I'd try finding out if she's not a willing visitor and is, instead, trapped. She might need help to accept her demise and encouragement to move on. Just be a little cautious of her interactions with your wife. She may feel intimidated by the presence of another woman in "her family". Remember she lied between you-that could be indicative of her future intentions!
Leanne (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-14)
That is a very interesting and well told account of your experiences.

Do you have any idea who the ghostly lady might be?

The whole ring thing has me thinking on an odd theory... Please bare with me on this one.

The ghostly lady you and you wife have encountered might have formed a strong attachment to you. Maybe jealous of you being happily married. Maybe she had a hand in playing with the pictures and showing your ring on the opposite hand as a sign that you should be with her?

Hope everything goes well and take care of you and your lovely family.

Leanne ❤
BriFischer05 (14 stories) (169 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-13)
The pics were all digital. The cross thing sounds far fetched I know, but for a two year old who is not in day care and does not go to church seemed pretty cool to me. Thanks for the comment.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-13)
That is really trippy, especially the wedding ring thing. Did all of the pictures get printed in the same place or at the same time? It's possible that the person developing the film did it wrong and accidentally flipped the images. See if you can read any text that might be backward or something.

I'm sure a lot of little kids can figure out what the cross is.:) It's kind of everywhere.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: