You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: House Of Paranormal Experiences

Real Ghost Stories

House Of Paranormal Experiences

 

As a child living in our old cotton mill house, raised by my grandmother, great aunt and her daughter (my cousin), I had many frightening, paranormal experiences. I will elaborate on some of them as time goes on, but this story is a recap of many of the things I experienced living in that house a young child.

I heard the classic footsteps, sounds of paper being crumpled, sounds of books falling when nothing was out of place. Everybody in the family, including myself, heard our names called, Once I woke up and heard an soft, echoey female voice whisper, "Deep Magic." (By way of some explanation, Deep Magic was a facial moisturizer). I once woke up to see a tiny pinpoint of light in my room which expanded until the entire room was a bright as day and then faded quickly back to darkness.

Once I crawled under my grandmother's bed while everybody was outside, something I was not allowed to do, and heard a deep, gruff voice beside my ear say one word..."gray." I had then and still have no idea what that could have meant, but I got the heck out from under that bed and never went back under there again. I had an encounter and long conversation in the house with a strange, unknown, elderly woman who called herself, "Granny Grunt." I saw a little black imp, the shadow of a skeleton and a handless arm which came up from between the bars in my iron bedspread, and saw blood drip from the ceiling.

When I was about four I saw a shadowy figure that at the time, I thought was the Easter Bunny, walk through the living room and disappear into the wall. I now suspect there might have been some sort of gateway in my cousin's room because much of the activity seems to come from or disappear in that direction.

One night when I was about 12, I had gone to bed early and had a dream that a being (who looked like what UFOlogists call an alien "gray") was trying to force a full sized apple down my throat. I awoke gasping for breath and choking with that feeling still lingering in my throat of something big being forced down it. I just this moment began to wonder if there was some connection with that occurrence and the word "gray" I heard whispered under my grandmother's bed years earlier.

My grandmother had an old rocking chair with a woven cane bottom which creaked loudly whenever you would sit down in it or get up. Well, when I was in my teens, my Great Aunt broke her hip and later died of cancer, for two nights in a row I heard something sit down in that chair, squirm around a little bit and then get up. I once heard the sound of the chair rocking in the night. Additionally, while my Great Aunt was in the hospital dying of cancer, I was awakened three nights in a row by something banging on the front door. Of course, nobody was there but my Great Aunt died three days later.

Later on, when I was in my 20's still living in that house, I awoke to see a short woman with her hair in a bun and a white apron over an old fashioned dress standing by my bed who quickly vanished. I had many experiences of being in that half awake and unable to move state, while hearing voices talking and people moving around in the house. Once while I was in that state and unable to move, I felt and heard something leap quickly into bed beside me and lie there growling menacingly. It vanished, of course when I was able to fully wake up and I never actually saw anything.

I finally got married when I was 28 and moved away. After my cousin passed away, I inherited the house and my husband and I moved back into it. Strangely enough, I never heard or saw anything in those days we lived there together. The house was totally quiet and peaceful.

Other hauntings by Spockie

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from North Carolina

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Spockie, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-12)
Spockie I know this a late posting but what a series of experiences, that must have been quite frightning growing up there was anything ever found out about the history of the home previous owners land etc?

Thank you

Dan
Jasmin314 (13 stories) (210 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-15)
Wow I loved your story. I can relate to a lot that happened to you. That is all very scary. It is very strange that nothing happened when you moved in years later with your husband. Maybe you lost your sensativity, because I am sure they are all still there. Do you know the history of the house or the land? Maybe now that it is yours, it may be in your best interest to do some research on your humble home. ❤ Jasmin
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-15)
Wasn't Granny Grunt a character from the archie comic books? I could take this story apart psychologically but I will not. But I totally understand why you did not experience anything once you were a secure married woman.
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-14)
Wow this sure sounds like you had some very interesting encounters with spirits. I can't wait to read some more of the things that happened. I'm very sorry that your grandmother passed away but I think she liuked her chair. Probably wanted to sit in there a little longer. I hope to hear from
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-14)
Hello Spockie and thanks for an overwhelming account,seriously! Like you pointed out, your family house must have been a gateway between the two dimensions since this could be the only explanation behind the thriving energy.

Are you saying you never ever encountered anything out of the ordinary in your adulthood or just during your marriage? If this is the case then I would have to assume that, at times if not always, when the intuitive nature of a child is balanced against the logical mind of the adult, the gift to see beyond the surface is somehow weakened or completely lost.

I'll be looking forward to more stories from you!
Fire_Skull14 (5 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-13)
that was a good story thanks! 😁 I will be looking forward to more storys! Lol
FRAWIN (guest)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-13)
Hello Spockie. Thanks for a very interesting story. I don't know about anyone else but I would love to hear an account of what you and Granny Grunt talked about. I will be looking forward to your next story. Take Care.

FRAWIN 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: