You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: My Job At The Hospital 3

Real Ghost Stories

My Job At The Hospital 3

 

This is my third submission of the events I experienced while working at an old hospital in Johannesburg, South Africa. For more information about the location of this event, namely our archive room, please see my second submission, 'My job at the hospital 2'. Again many thanks to all who have posted comments and provided support so far.

After my first few experiences in the archive I had started to understand why people kept avoiding the archive whenever they could. Although we tried to tell our manager about what happened, she wouldn't have any of it and put it down to a bunch of young guys with over active imaginations.

Unfortunately for me, I had to go into the archive again a day later to get some of our software licenses for the auditor to check, and I really didn't feel like going there alone. No one would go with me so I bit my lower lip and entered the room. Again the feeling of dread filled me as I stepped into the room.

I crossed a cold patch on the way to the small room on the side. You can imagine my fright when I touched the door handle of the broom closet and I got a static shock. The door opened easily and so I stood up straight, squared my shoulders, and entered the small room.

As I was going through the file with the licenses and serial keys for the various software packages, the door to the room slammed shut. (I have goose-bumps on my arms as I write this). I felt as if something had closed itself into the small room with me. I dropped the file and went for the door handle. What really freaked me out was that the door, although unlocked, was closed solid and would not budge. I was just beginning to panic when the light started to flicker and then dim.

My fear and panic suddenly turned to anger and I started to shout out loud. "Leave me alone" I said. "I am a child of the Lord and he protects me. I am just trying to get some papers and when I have them, I will leave. Now open the door this instant and be gone from here". Almost instantly the light went back to normal and the door swung open a few centimeters. Relief washed over me. I did sense an atmosphere of resentment and simmering anger in the main room, but it was drowned out by my own feelings of relief.

I found the documents I needed with shaking hands, locked up the small room and left the archive. Again as I was outside everything seemed to turn normal again. I stood outside for a few minutes to let my nerves settle and to reflect on and rationalize what had just happened.

Luckily for me, my manager had later that day wanted to retrieve a CD from the software room, as we called it, and she had at the same time returned the documents that I had collected. Of course nothing had happened to her and she hadn't minded being in the room.

I still have difficulty rationalizing this event, and I often wonder what would or could have happened in that room and why an entity, if that is what it was, would harbor so much resentment towards people. Or could it be people in that archive room? Another question is why would everyone but my manager have felt this way?

Other hauntings by staaldak

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from South Africa

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, staaldak, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Shadead (91 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-19)
Thats really weird and very creepy, id hate to get locked in a small room alone like that would do my head in for the briefest of moments,

Hope your work life is better now and you feel more at ease.

Regards,
~Shadead.
sher2164 (3 stories) (31 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-09)
I would have freaked out too. To be locked in a room with who knows what and not be able to see it, but only sense it. Everytime you have to go into that room pray to the lord.

Thanks for sharing your story.
PrincessKatie (7 stories) (420 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-15)
Next time be careful. Don't ever get scared because that is when they will take advantage of you and scare you even more. You need to be confident, open etc. That will show them! Thanks for sharing your story. I enjoyed reading it. 😊
PrincessKatie (7 stories) (420 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-15)
hi Its sounds scary but I would say it was a spirit trying to scare you and be mean so they feel good. Some want you to feel there pain. I have been through that quite a bit. I felt like my bedroom door was going to slam close on me because I felt a spirit and I knew what they felt like doing. There was a male spirit who wanted to slam the door in my face. I walked to my door and I could see the door shaking. So I closed my eyes thinking he's going to close the door in my face but he end up not doing.
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-15)
Wow this must have been a very scary experience for you. I'm sure that there was a spirit in there with you. But I'm glad it let you leave. There are people who might never experience something with the paranormal. Lets just say that there sixth sence is not developed at all! That is why they do not believe. Thanks for sharring. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-15)
Staaldak, any type of direct communication can be risky as you don't know who you're dealing with or whether you're doing things the right way. Many use recorders, I try to stay away from them personally. Try getting a medium if you think he/she is any good and see what you get from her "reading". It's best to let someone with more knowledge on such matters do the work.

Keep us posted
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-15)
Because of what happened to you before it does not surprise me that you had another experience. You could be sensitive or you manifested your own fears.
rootwomin (28 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-15)
with all of the horrors that have taken place in south africa, let alone that hospital, it shouldn't be a hard stretch to imagine why an 'entity' may be angry.
terriwarren (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-14)
You really need to find out more about what is going on at the hospital. Hospitals are almost always haunted, because of all that happens there. But most of the time the entities are benign, so you really should find out why these spirits are so malevolent. It might help you to somehow get rid of them. 😲
Demonbinder (66 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-14)
It's also possible, had your manager found your claims to be true, she could have made a change that could possibly shift the way you guys store these licenses, possible negating the need for that particular room, which would definitely not be in favor of the demons in there.
Demonbinder (66 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-14)
More proof of the power and existence of a God that these cowards must bow down to. Great story!
staaldak (3 stories) (12 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-14)
Hello everyone,

First of all WOW! Thank you all so much for the fast and detailed repsonses.

Could anyone give me advice as to how I could go about investigating this phenomenon further. In earlier stories people mentioned using recording equipment, but I was wondering if I should possibly try to get a medium involved or if I could do it myself. Another few questions I have are about how I treated the entity. Will it hold a grudge, as it were, towards me? And could I possibly be placing myself at risk by trying to communicate with it?.

I have submitted a query about the type of documentation stored in the archive and I hope to have an answer soon.

Again, many thanks!

Staaldak.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-14)
Thank you for sharing your story! It sounds to me like you have very strong natural energy and unfortunately (or fortunately, sometimes) for you, that tends to draw out otherworldly presences. I think it is perhaps your fear that this particular spirit preyed on. Before you even went in, you were afraid, and it's doubtful that your boss is afraid because he/she doesn't seem to believe in ghosts or that one at least. Good for you for telling it to leave you alone!:) That's the way to do it!
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-14)
Welcome back with another fascinating account from the archive room staaldak!

I was going to say your energy seems to prefer the archive room but you said it first yourself. It sounds as if it's somewhat "trapped" in there for some unknown reason. Going back to your stories and noticing the way you describe the emotions that seem to prevail in that back room, I have to wonder. What kind of papers are stored in there? I'm not referring to the ones of present time. Are there any documents concerning a more distant past? I would have started digging a little deeper if I were you. Could it be that the energy is not angry or hateful but, instead, protecting something?

I still feel it's someone who used to work there so maybe if you start inquiring about the past, you might come up with some answers as to the identity of the presence or about some extraordinary "embarrassing" event.

One thing is for sure, the sudden and abrupt drop in temperature that makes you believe you stepped into a freezer, the condensation coming out of your colleaque's mouth are indicative of a strong source of energy but something tells me this energy wants to either conceal something or make something known.
Leanne (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-14)
Dearest staalda,

I'm a new member and came across your stories and was very intriqued about your experiences at your workplace. Thanks for sharing them with us. 😊

When I get up the courage and strength I want to share my experiences with the paranormal with others on this site... But not ready yet.

But back to your stories, it is known that some people are more sensitive to other worlds then are own (like yourself and other co-workers) and will have experiences you are describing and more. And then their are others (like your manager) who don't, because they will absolutly refuse to allow themselves to believe or ignore anything that may be out of the ordinary.

You are brave to go back to the achives even with the experiences you had there, but you did the best thing when you were locked in by the entity. Drew on your faith and said it out loud to the entity. Stand your ground and keep your fear in check because the negative energy you give off is their food to feast on.

I hope you do some investigating in that room that other users suggested because it would be most interesting to see what is found.

Keep God in you heart and soul.
Take care and be safe.

Leanne ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: