You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Whistler 3

Real Ghost Stories

Whistler 3

 

This is the story of where the whistler gets his name, it came up on a visit with my stepson. The summer of 07, after the first events happened, came another visit form the ghostly intruder. I was outside and my daughter was in the computer room. My wife was sitting outside on the deck on this warm sunny day, talking on the phone. My son was playing his games in his basement bedroom and came up to get something to eat. It was quiet for the most part in the house, and as he walked to the living room from the kitchen he heard this male whistle.

It was whistling some sort of tune, but not recognizable to him. He thought maybe it was his sister tricking him. It was not. And he walked though again and heard it loud and clear in the house. He told his mom and she told him she heard it, but thought it was him doing it. He is not so much of a believer in ghosts, but was startled never the less. When he told us all, he was in disbelief and very uncomfortable of what this was.

Sometime later this occurred again and for most of the day from time to time. It really bothered him to not know where this was coming from. This has not occurred to the rest of us, and we think it is his own haunt from the visitor. Then we named him and laughed about it.

Then there was one more event that happened to me outside, soon after that event. I was cleaning up the yard and taking garbage out to the big burning pit we have in back. We have two old sheds that need to come down someday, they contained a lot of old stuff and old boxes of my wife and kids when they moved in.

As I was walking by the shed, there was a big hole in the side of it and when I passed it I heard like a game or toy going off about baseball. You could hear the theme of "Take me out to the ball park." And then a commentators voice saying "And up comes the batter and he gets a hit", then you hear applause.

Stunned to say the leased, I went back to look at the hole and passed by it again, it repeated the same thing. It was not scary, but how peculiar? I passed by again a few times and never heard it again. I started to thing it was one of my stepson's old toys with a battery being activated by motion. This could not be possible, as the toys have been sitting though four seasons of weather for four years. They would be dead.

When asking him, he said he never had a baseball toy like that! I cannot answer what this was, and chalk it up to, you guess it. So the first story you read was the last event and we are waiting for the next return of the visitor. These stories are real and I have a lot more to tell on other subjects.

I love this forum. It is fun to read all your experiences and to know we don't have to make up things to make an interesting story. Hopefully I will be able to tell you more in the future of the Whistler upon his next visit, if he chooses too.

Other hauntings by mulder81

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Minnesota

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, mulder81, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

luvparanormal (12 stories) (268 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-11)
Wow loved it!
Okay I agree in part with Rohdes68 however not with the residual and the reason I say this is that I remember when you mentioned that you were by yourself at home, wife at work kids at dad's? Anyway you went upstairs to Bathroom and when passing by daughter's room you heard a deep man's voice say Hello! So, if this was a residual as ChrisB said the guys would not even know it was alive. I just think that yes, it is someone that lived there and liked it so much that does not want to live, but does know he has "passed" and wants to have some fun.
My question to you is: Have you done any investigation on the house. Like maybe the history or try to find out if anything ever happened like with the neighbors? How long have you been there for?
I would really be interested in the history of it.
Keep sharing your stories with us we love to hear them!
aherr (4 stories) (46 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-17)
Are you guys thinking about moving? If it's a friendly ghost/spirit that's fine. Hopefully it doesn't get scarier. Interesting story and haunted house.
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-15)
I agree with Rhodes on this one. I believe that this spirit used to live there. As its safe to say this maybe a residual haunt. Poor guy doesn't even know hes dead. Thanks for sharring thgis stoy with us. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-14)
Hello again mulder81 and thanks for a great addition to your whistler story. This one is my favorite!

I'm beginning to believe that this "spirit" is a past resident of your house or one who lived on the same property-a family man. He walks about your house casually just whispering a tune or two, visits your garden shed, the basement, you hear children's toys... He sounds like a good-willed happy man. The absence of direct contact with you, for the time being, points towards residual energy during which the energy of a deceased individual stays behind and plays over and over as it is deeply embedded in time but,there's no actual ghost involved. You perceive him, he doesn't.

And yet, something tells me not to be fast in labelling this occurrence as such since it has been noted many times in the past that what was originally perceived as residual, soon proved to be intelligent as time was needed before the proper introductions were made. In short, your whistler might still be checking to see if his intruders are as good-willed as he is and whether their intentions towards him are pure. If he's an intelligent haunt and IF he's a free spirit, willingly travelling between realms, I doubt he'd be having much fun if you attempt to send him off and away from his familiar surroundings.

Hope to hear from you.
autumnsmommy (4 stories) (98 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-13)
That was awesome! I'm glad that you have had another great experience with the Whistler 😲.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: