You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Dreamcatchers

Real Ghost Stories

Dreamcatchers

 

Last year I started collecting dream catchers. I even take them outside and clean them out, silly, but true. I didn't have very many bad dreams after I got them, and last summer when I was troubled, I bought another one and hung it over my bed.

A week after this, I started waking up in the middle of the night to look at the dream catcher. It would move in my utterly still room and feathers would fall and I would sew them back. Once sewn back, those feathers didn't move again.

This catcher was pretty light but I kept it up with four tacks to keep it from spinning but I woke one night and the tacks started to drop and the dream catcher fell. I flipped on my lights and my other three hung vicariously from the ceiling and I fixed them. I wasn't having bad dreams, but bad consciousness. Every night his stupid thing would fall and I would put it back up.

Around this time I started getting interested in Wicca. I started collecting stones, rose quartz, smoky quartz, tigers eyes, agate, hematite, alexandrite, amethyst and carnelian. I had my own little altar and burned incense every night before I slept. When I started doing this the dream catchers stopped falling. I grew weary of doing this every night, as did my allergies, but kept the stones out and slept with turquoise necklace on and my dreams were peaceful unless I forgot it.

What does this mean, my dream catchers falling? Every so often, when I've had a troubled day, they will fall, and my necklace has been misplaced. What should I do?

Other hauntings by safire

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Indiana

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, safire, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

goodheart4u (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-11)
I am wondering? If a broken dreamcatcher is bad luck? And are there words you can say to cleans a dream catcher? And one of my dream catchers is bringing me bad luck... What do you think is wrong? 😭 😕 They are all indian dream catchers.
lazria (9 stories) (82 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-27)
The only thing is can think of (and others who left comments hinted at several ideads) is that they are either "full" or you shouldn't have "washed" them.

By "full" I mean they have collected as much negative engery as they can possibly hold. I made my own catcher when I was young - it worked well for many years then out of the blue started falling off my wall. I had to really work at keeping it up there. Then one night I had a dream that it fell off them wall and "split" some of the negative engery back out. The next day I laid it to rest and built a new one and never had an issue with it falling.

And as to washing them - one of the other comments said something that makes me wonder if it isn't getting full - when you wash them, unless you protect your home/space/person, what's to stop the negative engery from returning ontop of any new stuff. It may just be too much for that one (or all of them) to handle.

As much as you enjoy this hanger, perhaps it's done it's pupose and should be retired. Replace it by all means with a new one and see if things improve. Good Luck.
bumblebee55 (1 stories) (40 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-27)
Hey, I learned during school that Dreamcatchers catch bad dreams, then when the sun comes up in the morning, the bad dreams then kind of "dissapear". I know this isn't much, but I hope it helped! ❤
-bumblebee55
bumblebee55 (1 stories) (40 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-26)
I need a Dreamcatcher... I've been having REALLY weird dreams lately... Safire, do you know where I can find a Dreamcatcher?
tobgirl22 (3 stories) (9 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-28)
Umm, Well Matt, the dream catchers are made for anyone who believes in them. There not only made for the "Natives". Dream catchers don't cause any threats, unless they are being toyed with. Her problem here seems to be an entity that well either doesn't like the dreamcatchers itself, or doesn't like something else that she's into, and he can probably sense her strong belief in the Dreamcatchers, so he's toying with them to get to her. Just thought I'd clear that up a little bit more. 😁
Matt (4 posts)
-1
15 years ago (2008-10-17)
I like wise agree with Frawin. See the dream catchers was made to catch bad dreams and the saying "oppisites attract" doesn't apply here. Negative equals well negative, but the dream catchers were made for dreams. I don't believe they are storng enough to draw a real threat... But if an event does ocure I suggest getting rid of them. The reason for this is they were made for the indians the indians had everything stole from them. They may believe you are tring stealing something else from them.
safire (3 stories) (4 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-16)
I don't ever touch the inside of the dream catcher, I put it out side adn let teh wind blow through them and then use orange blossom incense for cleanisng and protection...🤔
I do really believe in my dream catchers, but I don't know much about Native Americans, I know more about the power of nature through crystals and stones and herbs and flowers.
Hoochler (1 stories) (263 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-16)
I think tobgirl22 has an excellent point and suggestion to go along with it: pick one method of dealing with this and move forward with it and abandon the other. You might be putting things in motion that are at odds with each other.
tobgirl22 (3 stories) (9 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-16)
Being a First Nations Native, I feel I must tell you this, the worse thing you did in this situation was wash them. Your never suppose to wash a Dreamcatcher, because by washing it, your cleaning it of all the bad energy and negativity that it catches. So there for, it's just releasing them back out to you, and it has a hard recapturing them. I wouldn't bother too much with all the wicca stuff, because the Dreamcatcher was originated from the Native Traditional ways, and natives didn't do wicca, so maybe by mixing the Native Traditional Dreamcatcher in with the Wicca beliefs, that's what could be causing this to happen aswell. My take on this is, pick one, Wicca, or Traditional Protection from Native Gaurdians, and if you descide to chose Tradional beliefs, than get yourself clensed by a Native Elder, and they can lead you further on into the Traditional Ways. Hope my advice is of some help to you. God Bless!
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-16)
Hi and thank you for sharring this story with us. I believe that Dream catchers are one of the most beatiful things made by man. The Native americans sure know how to make beatiful things. I have to agree with Frawin on this one. If you do believe in them then there might be an evil spirit there. I would suggest doing a smudge ceremony. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
PrincessKatie (7 stories) (420 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-15)
I heard your not allowed to touch the dream catcher inside its bad luck. I guess you have bad luck because you touch them and clean them when your not suppose to. You have to be really careful with them. I have 2 one is a Indian one.
Adventure_Ms_Aqua (10 stories) (71 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-15)
That was really interesting. I have a dreamcatcher myself... 😕

Confusing... Well, I might not be much help, but I was just reading a history about them, and it said the Lakota dream catcher would give you bad dreams and capture the good ones.

Other than that, I would have to agree with FRAWIN. There may be a ghost or demon messing with it.
LyssaLuva (6 stories) (19 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-15)
Dear safire, I really enjoyed reading your story I find it interesting because I am into that kindof stuff. I feel a connection between your spirit guide and your bad days if you would like to contact me got to my profile and leave a message is you have time
Thanks 😁
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-15)
Hi I read your story with great interest.

Can you tell me if you feel a connection with your dream catcher and the turquoise necklace? I ask this becasue turquoise is a very sacred stones to native amercians.

You sleep with your necklace on you feel really safe and protected and you catcher is fine I take it. When the necklace is taken of it dissappears and the catcher drops.

Have the stones changed colour in the neckalce since you bought it?

I would be interested to know.
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-15)
Forgive me but I don't know what a dream catcher is. I know some dreams are the remains of the day while others have more significance. I think dreams can be a way for those in the afterlife to commuicate with us. Also people have gotten premonitions through dreams. I don't know if any of this has to do with wiccan beliefs or any other rituals due to religious beliefs. Interesting though.
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-15)
Hi I have so many dreamcatcher and I am getting intestest with wicca too. I have no idea what it mean some thing like whatever you put on wall it fall I have no idea what it means.
FRAWIN (guest)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-15)
Hello safire. Do you put a lot of faith in the dreamcatchers and necklace? Do you use them as protection symbols to ward of nightmares and negative thoughts? If the answer is yes to these questions then I would say that you may have an entity trying to chip away at your defenses. This entity may be a demon or a ghost with evil intentions or the trouble may lie within oneself. I would do a cleansing ritual according to your belief system. If the cleansing doesn't provide relief then I would look within. Take Care.

FRAWIN 😐

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: