You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Still Walking 2

Real Ghost Stories

Still Walking 2

 

Here is another story to follow up my previous one. This happened two years after the first encounter, but this time was I very much alone. This time it also took place during the summer. I had been staying up late the other previous nights and I wanted to get back to a normal sleeping routine. I hopped into bed around ten o' clock that night, but I was still wide-awake all the way into the early hours.

I was trying to fall asleep, but at the time was terribly afraid of the dark. So I left my TV on, but on mute, because I have trouble sleeping when there are noises. Leaving the TV running, I turned my back to the door and started trying to doze off when I heard the screen door and heavy wooden front door open, just like before. At the time, I didn't even think about the previous time this had happened, but from bad habit (I always check the time when before I go to sleep and as soon as I wake up) I checked the time to find it 1:42 am once more. It still had not clicked.

I lay in my bed longer, listening when I heard the high heels again. It finally clicked. I was terribly afraid because this time I did not have the comfort of my cousins with me. I heard it with fear as it walked through the living room, not stopping this time and right in front of my door. I was praying to God the whole time hoping that it would go away like it did last time. Without even opening the door (which squeaks when opened) it walked right in. I could hear the muffle of high heels on my carpet and I could almost feel something it standing at my bed, my back facing it.

Terrified, I squeezed my eyes shut and tried to pretend I was asleep when I felt it sit down beside my legs. I was scared like you wouldn't believe. I don't even know how long it was before I finally gathered the guts to look over and found nothing but an indent of someone who sat there. I screamed for my mother and for several nights after, did not sleep alone.

The incident has yet to happen yet, but like I said before, I guess they are still walking.

Other hauntings by Starlight

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Starlight, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Schism (44 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-16)
I can only imagine how terrifying this must have been for you!

If this is a family/friend who's died recently, I would be very upset with her for sitting on my bed and scaring me like that.

Next time, I would suggest letting her know that you can hear her and that she's scaring you very much.

I'm so sorry this happened to you. Take care!
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-16)
I to thought that this was a residual haunt but there are somethings that don't add up to that. I think Jmak is on the right track claiming this to be a inteligent haunting. Thanks for sharring another great story. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
Jmak (6 stories) (156 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-16)
"The incident has yet to happen yet, but like I said before, I guess they are still walking." 😕 Did you have a profetic dream that this was going to occure?

The account sounded at first like a residual but, unless your bed is in the same position as whoever's walking through your house bed was then, I would have to lean more towards an intelligent haunting. Have you lost any close friends or family members that might be comming to watch over you? It is an interesting case. Please keep us updated. God bless. 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: