You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ouija Board / Seances :: Our Ouija Board Experience

Real Ghost Stories

Our Ouija Board Experience

 

I'm a cradle catholic and I'm rather stupid most of the time... So bear with me. This happened almost a year ago so I will try to be as honest and specific as possible.

I never really believed in things like an Ouija boards and ghost hunting. I always saw it as fake stuff on TV. I had a friend that played the Ouija board a lot and she was telling me all these crazy stories on how it really works. I didn't believe her so we decided that we would try it sometime. I knew that my religion frowned upon it... But I didn't know much about it and it's just a game...right?

So we opened up the window a crack and sat inside her cousin's room. There was a computer a few feet away from us and a TV on the other end of the room. We turned off the lights (cardboard glow in the dark board) and introduced ourselves.

We talked to a young boy who died a while back (sixteenth or seventeenth century maybe) and he could tell us our names and ages and talked to us about the sports that we played. We asked him what his favorite thing was and he turned on the computer and iTunes opened up... So we figured it was music. (This scared us a lot) we asked him to please turn off the computer and well... He did. We were getting hungry so we told him that we would be back in half an hour or so and left.

My friend and I came back two hours later (lost track of time) and he was angry at her, not me because of how late we were. The TV turned on and off. We decided not to mess with it anymore.

After that the sleep overs at my house were rather scary. The light in my room would turn on and off. I changed the light bulbs and everything. Maybe a bad circuit? I have a bunch of sliding closet doors in the hallway outside of my room. It bothers me when they are open so I always make sure they are shut. I was in my room listening to music and I went out to go get a snack and all of them were open.

My family doesn't go in that hallway because my room is the only room it leads to. At my friend's house, the walls would creak and it sounded like there was always somebody walking up and down the stairs. Doorknobs would turn. At my house I heard somebody calling my name and muttering.

On another day, the corner of my room where I usually sit in was really cold compared to the rest of the room. I stood in the middle of the room (yes I felt like a complete idiot) and asked him if he was there to touch my hand. My hand got extremely cold. That was the last time I tried that wonderful idea.

Finally one night I got sick of it. The lights were out again so I took my camera, turned off the flash, and took four pictures. I immediately loaded it on to my laptop and the fourth looked like a green pair of eyes in the corner. My friend screamed and started crying and we both ran out of the room. I was laughing hysterically because for some crazy reason I laugh when I'm scared.

He had told us his name but I won't say it because I heard that if you say the name it gets stronger. I'm not very experienced in this stuff. I went to confession and the priest pretty much flipped out and told me to burn it. I heard that's the worst thing you could do to a board and plus it wasn't mine, so I didn't.

I prayed a lot. I threw holy water pretty much everywhere. I slept with my rosary in hand. I believe that Ouija boards and other ways of communication are real and dangerous. I haven't heard or experienced anything for a while. So am I just going insane or could this be a real demon or spirit or? I don't know.

Other hauntings by curiousgal99

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Illinois

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, curiousgal99, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

asad123 (2 stories) (20 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-06-02)
Hmm,Actually Sixteenth or Seventeenth century ghosts don't know anything about pc's or itunes... Made Up?
liltraviesa310 (11 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-27)
i think that the spirit you were talking
To was mad because I mean you told him
That you would be back but you just lost time
You should just keep doing what your doing
Until now
AshleyHalliwell (4 stories) (100 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-27)
It sounds like it wasn't a demon, thankfully, but just an angry spirit. Some of them are extremely delicate and get upset over things very easily so not coming back to the board for an hour after you promised probably peeved it off. However since you haven't experienced anything lately I'd say that either it's gone or it's bored of messing with you. You should be glad that it's gone. Good Luck!
Demonbinder (66 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-21)
Sadly, lot's of youth nowadays feel the need to meddle with demonic spirits via ouija boards, and various other methods, whether oblivious to the consequences or not. This demon (s) has a place to stay now that you have invited it into your home. Never will you actually meet a real "boy" passed on from earlier times, as they are called familiar spirits due to their keen knowledge of our lives.
Hoochler (1 stories) (263 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-20)
curiousgal99
So you said goodbye at the end of your session and this is still happening? That makes this more difficult.

Have you heard any communication from the spirit since the Ouija board was used? Not counting feeling watched and being touched (which I am not discounting by any means, but those are not communication), has this spirit found a way to tell you things without the board? It would be nice to know what it is up to, to know what it wants.

If you don't know what it wants and why it won't leave, you have two choices. 1.) Find out what it wants and why it is hanging around you and appease it if you can so that it goes away for good. 2.) Attack it relentlessly until it is driven off.

You might want to start with #1 first to see if you can send it on its way without a fight. In order to do that, you need to find out what it wants. That means using the Ouija board again to talk to that spirit specifically. Be warned that it is possible that using the board in this manner may strengthen the spirit or cause a new Ouija problem to pop up. Be sure to keep this problem contained as much as possible. Don't "contaminate" a new area by using the board somewhere else, keep using it in that same room if you do decide to do this. Also, only you and your friend should be using the board, don't bring new people into this by having them use the board too. Be sure to close each session properly, flipping the board over at the end is not utterly neccesary but does make it clear to the spirit that the session is indeed over.

Once you start attacking the spirit, you pretty much preclude going back to option #1, so be sure you are ready for an extended battle once you begin down that path.

To attack it, either get help and follow their instructions or fight it yourself. The way spirits can project emotions (usually fear) onto you is through the use of thought forms. Please see my comments in
Http://www.yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=4338
To see how to harden your aura. This will greatly help you to defend yourself against this spirit.

To understand its attacks and to make attacks yourself, here are some links on thought forms

Http://www.themystica.com/mystica/articles/t/thought_forms_how_to_program_and_use.html

Http://www.anandgholap.net/Thought_Forms-AB_CWL.htm

You already unconsciously make and use thought forms (we all do), you just need to learn how to more consciously control them to successfully engage a naughty spirit.

Whatever emotions it is trying to project onto you, know that it is a form of attack and not a real emotion from inside yourself. Try to reflect in kind whatever it is sending to you, you might also want to try to send energy sapping thoughtforms the spirits way as well. You have a body and can get more energy from food, the spirit does not have this luxery. Let whatever negativity it sends to you be absorbed by your hardened aura, do not give in to the attacks and feel what it projects onto you. If you use the aura hardening method of using the energy spikes, that might be enough to drive this thing off all by itself in time.

If you deem a counter attack is necessary, reflect back whatever type of thoughtforms it is using back to it. If it is sending you fear thoughtforms, absorb the attack and then create and send a fear thoughtform to it in return. Be warned that attacking in this manner may create a vulnerability for you. It is always safer to defend then attack. If you want a safer attack (safer for you) you can also just stick to thoughtforms that only seek to deplete the target spirit of its energy.

Throughout all this, be clear with the spirit in what YOU want from it. You want it to go away and leave you alone. Your intent should not be to destroy the spirit because that is most likely not within your power and is not at all necessary. When you feel its presence, if you talk out loud to it it can most likely hear you (you don't need the board for this). Continually give it the comand (in a clear, respectful manner) to go away and leave you alone forever.

Sorry for the long read. Prepare yourself with knowledge before you proceed. Good luck.

Hoochler

P.S. Don't mess with Ouija boards after this mess is put behind you. 😊
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-20)
Wow that sure must have been a scary experience you had there. Thank you for taking the time to share this excellent story with us. I realy enjoyed reading it. All I can say is the ouji board is a dangerous thing. We must know how to use it properley or bad things can happen. IU hope to hear from you soon and take care
curiousgal99 (2 stories) (10 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-19)
if I put any more holy water in my room I might drown! I have hamster and a cat in my room. All they do is make noises that scare the shiz out of me. (im pretty good at tuning them out now). To be honest plants scare me. Thanks for the suggestions. I might put some grass in my room or something. I'll let you know if there's anything else that happens. I might try a ouija again to tell them to leave? Or bad idea?
mokabronze (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-18)
I am currently reading an e.cayce book and a suggestion used for a somewhat similar case in reference to "picking up" psychic vibrations--take a living thing into the room you, ie. Caged bird or potted plant... These things have life and Life is God... When God is present nothing can harm. Hope this is helpful, never tried it myself but it makes a lot of sense... My next stop... To buy lots of plants for all rooms in my home. 😁 ❤
lovaela (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-18)
Spirits "pressing down" on the body is a very common act. Usually happens with the abdomen... But doesn't surprise me that they'd do it to other body parts, in this case your hands. WHY it would do that to you? No idea. What on earth did you do:P haha. Good luck. Try that stuff I mentioned!
curiousgal99 (2 stories) (10 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-17)
hobbyholly: it was at my friends house. Her cousin was currently living in that room of the house. He moved out about a week later.

Hoochler: we said goodbye and moved it to the goodbye thing. I didn't know we are supposed to turn it over? I will talk to my friend and see if she will even touch a ouija board again-she's terrified of it.

There have been no previous odd things happening in my house or room.

Thanks for comments.

Also, there is one thing that's happened lately. The night that I posted this I kept jumping awake about every five minutes and it felt like somebody kept on pushing my hands down. I don't know if I was too tired or I'm simply crazy. It might be related or it might be because I'm really stressed out at the moment. I never jump awake like that so I suppose its alright to mention it.
Shadow_Tears (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-17)
First off using the Ouija was pretty silly, you shouldn't ever use it unless you know how to make the spirts leave (my mum is friends with someone who was taught all about Ouija boards from his mother)

Second, it is a spirt, sounds like a Poltergeist. What you need to know about them is this: Some of the most common poltergeists activities include loud unexplained noise, levitations, the moving of objects, and electrical problems.

But of course I could be wrong, seeing as I have my own colection of ghosts walking though my house...
Luca (1 stories) (83 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-17)
Wow, you screwed up big time. Using a Ouija board wasn't smart, dude. I highly doubt a Catholic priest would flip out about a "pseudo-seance" with a Ouija board, you'd be amazed with the amount of people that come to them claiming they saw Satan himself etched in the oil stain under their cars.

If you're a Catholic, you know the prayer of St.Michael. If not, look it up.
AshleyHalliwell (4 stories) (100 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-17)
Well it definatly sounds like you brought something home. I think that it was most likey just a neutral spirit, and not a demon. Be careful and if it has stopped then you can let your gaurd down a little and relax. I hope that you'll continue to be ok and if the entity starts doing something really bad then e-mail me and I've got some ideas that could help.
lovaela (3 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-16)
Hey-hey.
The crack in your story is that you said you started this Ouija at your friends' cousin's house... But this ghostly fellow is in your house now. If this is the case, the spirit in your home isn't from the Ouija session; or at least it shouldn't be. I haven't really heard of a spirit following someone home.

At any rate, I don't think you're crazy what-so-ever. The next time you feel his presence, the best thing to do will be to ask him to please leave. Be as kind as possible about it, and don't make any comments that may anger him.

This usually works, and if it doesn't I would suggest blessing your room and the hallway. Now, I'm of a different religion and my traditions are different, but I don't suppose Catholics do it much differently... The Holy water was a good idea. I'd suggest formally sprinkling it around the edges of your room and the hallway whilst speaking a prayer out loud.

Good luck! ❤
Sparkie (6 stories) (30 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-16)
Sounds like my friend's experience. The best way is to do it over and tell him that he has to go or otherwise he's going to haunt you and your friend for a long time. Then "close" it properly.
Emma2008 (4 stories) (110 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-16)
Snailbug - When someone calls a religious authority figure an idiot and then doesn't back it up with some insightful information, I have to say it's a bit hateful. She could have at least been diplomatic and said "I don't agree with the priest, or the priest's information is outdated." As far as you thinking my comment is "random" well, everyone is entitled to their own opinion, even you.
Wicked (1 stories) (16 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-16)
I have to agree. It sounds as if the board was left open when you left. And just a side note, you can never be sure who you're really speaking with when using a Ouija.
Hoochler (1 stories) (263 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-16)
curiousgal99
Did you and your friend ever close the session properly? It sounds like you just left the board "open" when you went off to eat, and then freaked out when you came back. Is this correct, did you never close the session properly? If so, that is why this entity is allowed to continue to interact with you and your friend.

I would expect the entity to be more active at the place the board was used, in your friend's cousin's room. Have you compared notes with the cousin?

You and your friend (and anyone else that might have been a part of the original summons) should use the same board in the same room it was used in to summon the entity that identified itself as a sixteenth century young boy. You need to forcefully close the session you started when you invited it. Respectfully thank the entity for answering your summons, but tell it that it is now no longer welcome and it must return to where it came from. Be respectful, clear and forceful with your words. Both of you should tell this to the entity. Once you have said all this, both of you must say goodbye and then move the planchette to "Goodbye" and flip the board over.

After so much time, even this might not work 100%, but you will at least start to least the portal that you opened and this should at least weaken the entity. I suggest that you do nothing to the board until you get rid of this thing once and for all. The board is a simple tool, destroying it now before you get rid of the entity accomplishes nothing.

I had something similar happen to me, read my story here if you are interested.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-16)
Break the board in seven pieces (the Holy number) and BURY it. Do not burn it.
SnailBug (61 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-16)
Emma2008, not one bit of this counds hateful. Your random comment is completely unfounded. Since when are priests the be all and end all of paranormal solutions, anyways?

Thanks for sharing your story, curiousgal99, and you were right to not burn that board.
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-16)
Quija board is open the portal of demon to get in and fool you and your friend who it was. By the way Curiousgal99 I notice you have myspace.com and please add me and check out myspace.com it in my profile. Thanks!
Emma2008 (4 stories) (110 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-16)
DemonSora (Karin) - you say you're a catholic, you say "God bless" and also happen to say that this priest is an idiot for advising to burn the board? Try a little respect for your fellow religious leader. There are other "diplomatic" ways to get your point across than calling people names. Furthermore, you will sound more believable if you weren't so hateful.
DemonSora (69 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-16)
I'm catholic, but I believe in ghost hunting and ouija board. For all my life I knew ghost and demons exist and wanted to meet them... And I did. But let's not talk about that. Your priest is an idiot... I can't believe he said to burn it! Cause the ouija is a portal from another world. The demon realm, shinigami realm, or whatever. And if you burn it the portal will stay open forever. The best way to close it is to bury it. If you already burned it, the best thing to do is pray nothing evil will come out!

God Bless ❤
Karin
Flutterofwings (13 stories) (428 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-16)
Before burning an ouija board you must break it into 7 pieces first. Then perhaps what ever has come out of the portal can go back to where it came from.
Flutterofwings (13 stories) (428 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-16)
Ouija boards may be game for what ever comes out of them, but truely are not games for us humans. Read all the ouija board games from so many readers here, and you too will see how they are not a game for us. Sounds to me when you open the portal something evil came out of it and will follow you home and could become stronger. The more your frighten of this the stronger a spirit good or bad can and will grow, stay away from the ouija boards. I wrote a story about one called OUIJA BOARD IN THE BASEMENT read it and you can see what happens.
Emma2008 (4 stories) (110 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-16)
There are so many stories on this site similar to yours. If only people would do their research on these things before they get themselves in trouble. I don't know if I personally believe in ouija boards, but I don't think you'll find any peace in your life until you follow your priest's instructions. I know all too well how superstitious Catholicsm can be. I think that burning the board is your only way out. Good luck!
Ishima (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-16)
hmmm... Sounds like the spirit (or demon) decided to follow you back to your house (if there are no prior experiences before the board) My thought would be (and bear with me since I don't know to much about ghosts, spirits, or demons) that it is attached to you in some way, like as if it wants something from you.

I hope you will keep us posted!
~Ishima
hobbyholly (11 stories) (572 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-16)
You used the Ouija board at your cousin's house? And the spirit you contacted there is in your home now?

Prior to using the board with your cousin, did anything happen in your home?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: