You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Demons / Possessions / Exorcisms :: The Demon In The Glass

Real Ghost Stories

The Demon In The Glass

 

When I was eight I moved from my hometown to where I am now. It wasn't a hard move except that since I was young, actually, it was about the time I was attacked by a chow dog when I was two; I've had really, really terrible dreams. In that attack I lost a lot of blood, I almost died, and maybe that's what does it.

Anyways, I made friends and moved on.

In my room I had my mothers old twin bed set that matched the dresser with a huge mirror.

I have to make this clear. I didn't watch scary movies when I was young; the scariest thing I watched was the occasional "Are you afraid of the dark."

I slept that night, not well, but when I finally drifted, I dreamt. I dreamt my door was bolted shut and my room was a mess, covered in paper and vines crawled across my walls. When I got out of bed to look around I looked in the mirror to see a demon. He had grey skin and horns with a face like wax after your pour water on it. Blood trailed from his mouth and he had sharp, pointed black teeth and black eyes.

I woke up when he started to reach for me and fell out of bed. I searched wildly for the bear my grandma had given me that said a bed time prayer, "Now I lay me down to sleep, I pray the lord my soul to keep, if I should die before I wake I pray the lord my soul shall take", that one.

Well, I stood and moved to the mirror and pressed the hands. Instead of my cute little bear voice, something that dripped with evil spoke. "You can't ever be," I don't know what that meant but when I looked up into the mirror, it was the same demon. I screamed and my mother came into the room and I threw the bear at her.

She asked me what had happened and I told her and she picked the bear up and pressed the hands. My bedtime prayer was back. I told her I didn't want it anymore, to keep it away from me, and I haven't seen it since.

I look into the mirror every so often, and I see those eyes, only they're my eyes. It happened this morning while I sat in my car waiting for the bus. I was out of that car so fast and in my best friends car before I ahd really realized I was moving. He woke up and asked what was wrong and I just shook my head. They all know I have bad dreams, but I never tell them what they're about, only my very best girl friend knows about some of them.

Other hauntings by safire

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Indiana

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, safire, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

AuroraRosa (2 stories) (55 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-24)
OMG wow so creepy! I wish I had some advice for you, but sadly all I have is a similar story, although thankfully my dream didn't follow me around. Dreamed I was at a skating rink and couldn't find my skates, so I asked this man nearby to help me. He roared like he was furious and grabbed me and threw me against a wall, which woke me up. My back itched and when I scratched it found it was bruised like I had really been tossed into a wall, but it never happened again, thank goodness. You know, come to think of it, I do have some advice. Retelling my own story made me think of it. People say that dreams are a different dimension, that the human soul travels, and that sometimes you can get hurt when traveling, but no one is really sure. Possibly I annoyed a spirit that hurt me in real life. Possible a deamon saw a way to get at you and followed you back, but maybe not. I'm not the best on this subject, just a thought I had.
WatchingInTheMirrors (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-25)
I find it interesting that someone else has had a similar expirence to mine. A few years back when I was eleven I started having weird dreams about my bathroom mirror (I have a bathroom that conects to my room). In the dream I would get out of bed and go to the bathroom for no reason. I still don't know why I wanted to go in there so badly, I didn't have to go. Anyway, when I would get to the bathroom I wouldn't turn the light on instead I'd just stand there looking at my reflection. At first it was just my reflection looking back at, but then I would see something out of the corner of my eye and look behind me. When I would turn back around to the mirror it still looked like me but it WAS NOT me. The thing in the mirror was pale and almost see through with glowing red eyes. I don't usualy get freaked out by this kind of thing but something about it made me terrified. I ran screaming back to my bed and as soon as I got there I woke up. Apparently I'm not the only one who has trouble with this at my house. My 7 year old sister comes and finds me late at night once every month. She's sound a sleep walking with her eyes open to find me no matter where I am in the house. When I ask her what she doing she always says she hears someone talking in her room. The next morning when she's awake I ask her again and she has no idea what I'm talking about. I have more stories but I've got to go, bye
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-20)
Wow that must have been a very escary experience you had. I have to say I'm not so sure this was a dream. I remember I hada big black shadow in a cape reack out for me when I wasa around 17. One very scary moment. But still I sometimes wonder if it wasn't my imagination. Thanks for sharring. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
9samo9 (8 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-18)
man that story was scary

yea some movies have a demon that's in the mirrors and trys to grab them

did the demon go away when your mom came in or did it just stay there in the mirror

Its kind of close to halloween I hope that doesn't happen on halloween night

If that happened it will be verrrrrrry scary

Tell me whenever you have a chance k

Really awsome story
kcampbell (19 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-17)
that's scary. But let me tell you something almost everybody has a bad dream but not like this one. I alway thought that someone far away, a few feet away from me, is alway watching through my window. Good luck!
bearith911 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-16)
I use to have bad dreams to of all sorts of thing mostly nightmares it was hard for a while. I've had them ever since I can remember at a young age until I was 18. I found out by myself that doing something postive or even watching cartoons before going to bed. I know its sounds funny but it worked for me I'm 24 now and I have an occasional bad dream but not to bad. Try it and write me back.
safire (3 stories) (4 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-16)
I have a dreamcatcher, a ctually, and haven't had great expierinces with them... I actually ahve four dream catchers in my room, one in front of the window, one in front of the door, and otehr over my bed and the other near my mirror.
aramos (9 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-16)
get a dreamcatcher and place it above the headboard of your bed. You have nothing to lose and a lot to gain if it works. I use to have one over my bed and it worked for me, I quit having bad dreams for the longest time. I don't have one anymore but, it still seams to work for me. I don't even remember the last time I had a bad dream. Hopefully this will be part of a solution for you. I'd also recommend praying. Praying always helps me when I'm down and out or I need some help. Good luck.
Emma2008 (4 stories) (110 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-16)
Keep in mind that nothing has every physically hurt you. Work on your courage, you can't go hiding from mirrors all your life. Unfortunately, vivid dreams such as yours can leave a lasting impression. Good luck.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: