You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: My Rings

Real Ghost Stories

My Rings

 

I have three rings that are very important to me. 1 of them is my nana's engagement ring while the other 2 are ones that my boyfriend has given me. I never take my rings off except when I'm getting a shower or washing my hands. When I'm busy and running late (like always) I sometimes forget to put my rings back on and go about my day without them.

One time about a year ago I was wearing 2 of the 3 rings and I took them off and forgot to put them back on. When I went back to get them they were gone. I searched all over my house and could not find them anywhere. I was very upset and believed I had lost them for good because they had been missing for about a week. Then one night I pulled back the sheets on my bed and there on the side of the bed where I always sleep laid my two rings neatly placed on top of one another. I was very happy but very freaked out at the same time. I immediately asked my mom, dad, and brother if they had placed them there and they said no that they hadn't been able to find them either. I kind of just shrugged off the event until about a year later.

Currently about a month ago I had lost one of my rings again. I thought I had just misplaced it as usual and it was missing for several weeks. I had given up hope of ever seeing it again and one day I was getting ready to go to school and I bent down to pick up my shoes. Out of the corner of my eye I saw something lying on the floor right in front of the door and there was my ring again. There was no way it could of been there for several weeks without anyone seeing it because the door is the way people always come in and out of my house.

My great grandmother grew up in my house and she lived there her whole life there. My family believes when strange occurrences like this happens that she is just letting her presence known. I am never frightened but when things go missing and turn up later we always say "thanks grandma".

Other hauntings by nmg5789

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Pennsylvania

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, nmg5789, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

blondie (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-28)
I am thinking you're a very spiritual person. Do you believe in angels? If so, will they help you get back jewelry which has been taken by some other spirit? Read my story about "ghost taking jewelry" if you get a chance. Let me know what you think.
ghostseer (41 stories) (408 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-21)
You know, it really doesn't matter if the rings were misplaced. The fact that you feel really good when you find them, and the memory of your grandmother makes you smile, no need to question the experience...it's a positive one in the end!...If you feel it's your Grandmother dropping in for a little reminder... To tell you she is still around, what a wonderful thing!...Blessings, ghostseer
luvparanormal (12 stories) (268 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-21)
Thank you for sharing and welcome!
I have a few questions. The rings that are usually missing are they the ones your boyfriend gave you or is it the one your grandma gave you?
Is it the same ring the majority of the time or no?
I have heard that one of the signs that a ghost is in the house is the missing of items. Not just jewels but anything. I have heard of wallets, glasses purses...etc
Wether it be related to Grandma I'm not sure but if it was as Tonith said "your in good hands"

Keep us posted
Schism (44 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-20)
I do believe you as I once had a visitor pass through my house and he messed with things in my room for about a week.

One of which were my rings. He'd lifted them all out of their slots in my jewelry box and laid them neatly on their sides on top.

Never happened before, hasn't happened since, and no I don't have children so no one could've done this.

I think it may be because they know that something as tiny as a ring has much significance to us. So they can let their presence be known without doing something huge that would otherwise terrify us. But it's not so small as to go unnoticed, because as I said, we keep track of our rings:)
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-20)
I am not sure about this one, I know loads of people who have misplaced jewellery, watches, and they turn up if not days or weeks later, months later. I lost my nose stud once, I was upset, I searched everywhere for it, bearing in mind it is tiny, however I ended up finding it near the bathroom door. Who would have thought.
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-20)
Youknow I was think of what to say but I believe that Tonith said it best. I agree with him 100% on this one. Thank you for taking the time to share this very interesting story with us. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-19)
I don't know what it is about jewelry but seems like ghosts like messing with such items. I think it's because they know you are paying attention to an item you don't want to lose so they can use this item to let you know they are still around and watching over the family. If this is not the case then you may have a simple poltergeist who enjoys moving things and then putting them back. My one friend and her family lived in a haunted apartment for a summer and they were always missing rings and watches only to find them in different rooms or in strange places. Clocks were always the wrong time though nothing was wrong with the clocks and they just had to reset them a lot. The radio would only play a classical station and cold spots were common. They did get a medium in to explain things and yes they had 2 spirits in the place and neither wanted to leave so they finally left. I don't think you have anything to worry about. Seems to me like someone from the other side is just making itself known. If it's your great grandmother you are in good hands.
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-17)
Wow I did lost some of my rings and my mom found inside the vacume. That good that your grandma find it for you that ring very important.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: