You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Anniversary

Real Ghost Stories

Anniversary

 

This story is actually my grandmother's, but I thought it was so amazing. My grandfather passed away on 7/11/03 due to heart failure. My grandmother was solely dependent on him and had never so much as had a job or gotten her license. She was completely helpless. When he passed on my mother decided to move her away from South Carolina and bring her to live with us in Georgia.

At the time of his passing they had been married for 43 years. At midnight on the start of their wedding anniversary she woke suddenly woke up and looked at the cable box which reflected a green 44. Comcast cable only has their numbers in orange so we knew it wasn't the channel she was watching. She's had several occurrences where she could hear him calling her name and also there was a call to my aunts cell phone one day from the cell number they used to have.

When he first passed I could feel his presence following me around the only house he was familiar with in GA. When I finally went to see my grandmother at my moms he went with me and I never felt him again.

I hope you enjoyed my short story and maybe give me some insight as well as I am not sensitive to these types of things. Thanks again for reading!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Georgia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, lilangel21283, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

luvparanormal (12 stories) (268 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-21)
the misteries of Death. I often wonder how does one person that has "passed" manage to come back? Do they get an option or is it due to their feeling of leaving some loved one behind or the worry that the one person will not be ok without them.
I guess we will never know and that is why we have this wonderfull website.
Thank you so much for sharing this wonderfull story obviously you grand daddy was too inlove with grandma to leave her.

Good luck
Annie (202 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-20)
What a beautiful story. Seems that 43 years married to your grandmother just wasn't enough for your grandfather. Thank you for sharing this with us.
libertybelle (14 stories) (207 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-20)
That is just so sweet. It also demonstrates that not all paranormal encounters are frightening!
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-20)
Hi and thank you for sharring this story with us. I believe that when somebody is loved by someone there spirit will always be with that person. I think that Love is the only thing that death can not seperate us from. Thanks again for this lovely story. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-19)
You may not be sensitive to these things, but you ARE sensitive to your family. It is more natural for a family member to visit than a stranger, and I always think it the ultimate act of love for a relative to let us know that they are fine on the Other Side.
What a wonderful testimony of love for your Grandfather to give to your Grandmother, and the rest of the family as well.
There is an old saying that stands through the ages. Love conquers all. That applies to the death of our earthly bodies as well.
Thank you.
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-19)
Stories like this make me understand that we take our love with us when we die. Apparently your grandfather wanted to let his wife know that he was still with her on this special day. Their love must have been something very special and he still feels very protective of your grandmother. I hope she is adjusting to her new life but it has to be a comfort for her to know he is still watching over her until they rejoin in the spirit world one day.
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-18)
No matter how many similar stories I've read about "family visits", I'm still intrigued when reading about how true love can in a way "defy" death.

That was a beautiful and comforting story lilangel that comes to prove that our loved ones have not ceased to exist simply because they passed on. It takes much more than physical death to keep those bonded apart and your grandfather sure found his way home to his "significant other".
courtneyOMGG (12 stories) (179 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-18)
This story truly is beautiful, it sounds as if he isn't ready do say goodbye to your grandmother, or the rest of you and your family.
Take care.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: