You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Poltergeists / Physical Manifestations :: Banging On Dorm Room Wall

Real Ghost Stories

Banging On Dorm Room Wall

 

I was out with some friends last night and returned around 2.30-3.00am. I went into my dorm to get ready to sleep. I heard a loud banging on the wall, I heard it around 6 or 7 times and then it stopped. On the other side of the wall where I heard the banging is my brothers room. I looked in on him but he was fast asleep and snoring so it wasn't him banging. I shrugged it off to me hearing things and went back to my bed to sleep.

I must have only been sleeping for about 3 hours when I was awakened by a nudge to my right side. It freaked me out and made me jump. I didn't want to sleep in my room anymore so I went into the lounge area of the flat and slept on the sofa. My brother woke me up this morning around 9:00 am to show me he had scratches on his back.

Our roommates also said they heard the banging on the walls. Now back to the scratches on my brother's back. He couldn't have done them to himself because they look like it was done with something sharper than his fingers. Another flat mate also reported hearing footsteps from the kitchen to outside my brother's door. We all keep our doors locked while we sleep. My brother and I are the only ones who have a key to his door, so no one could have gotten in.

Other hauntings by blayzeamyotte

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, blayzeamyotte, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-24)
I believe that some schools can be haunted. Maybe not by just accidets but by how many people have been through these buildings. The more older the building the more people have gone through them. The more people who have been through them the more spirits come for a visit 😁.Thanks again. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
Emma2008 (4 stories) (110 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-23)
Perhaps a sleep walker among you is to blame for the footsteps. Perhaps your brother was sleeping when he pounded on the wall. My mother had a bad dream once and she beat my father with her hands. Once he woke up, she fell back to sleep. Strange things happen.
blayzeamyotte (3 stories) (10 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-23)
he does suffer from epilepsy yes. The layout of his room-- pc desk against one wall, window on the other. The door is on the far wall. His bed is near the door and shower room, so the banging wasn't from that.
Luca (1 stories) (83 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-22)
Is it possible that your brother suffers from epilepsy or some other neurological disorder that might involuntarily control his muscles?

Hehehe, pardon my dirty mind, but I laughed at the title...
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-22)
I have got to say that I read through all three stories, and all of the return comments before coming to this page. I have the strong feeling that what I am about to post will not be read in the same tone in which it is being typed, so, in advance I will apologize. I mean no harm, and I am just posting a suggestion.
I CAN NOT agree with babygirlacm. The reasons are posted to a few stories already, when I had a meltdown about the whole Indian Burial Mound myth.
The thing that keeps nagging at me is the NAME of the University. I went ahead and checked for such a University and was reading on it when luvparanormal posted her comment.
All I can really say is that there SEEMS to be something going on, but I do not think it is linked to the University. Only in that you go there.
We all had pet names for our colleges and universities. And YOURS just happens to be demonfort (though, I MUST say that the history behind the actual naming and the man who held the name is quite interesting. All of it is NOT posted in Lisamaxw's post. You should check it out if you do not already know. It is the stuff legends are made of.). Now that MAY be because others who attended BEFORE you christened it as such, or it MAY be that it was nicknamed after such instances as what you described.
The point is, that could be ONE factor into what is going on there. If you have paranormal stories floating around an area, it tends to attract more attention. People who have never had a previous encounter, suddenly receive MANY visits. It is the power of suggestion, and it is COMPLETELY normal.
Another factor COULD be that there are so many young people there, some for the first time in their lives with the freedom to do as they choose without the watchful eyes of parental figures. Fun loving natures run WILD when the first taste of freedom enters into the equation. There is a distinct chemical change in the physical form, and the "circuiting" in the brain seems to waver a bit. Poltergeist. You can easily research what CAUSES that type of activity.
The third factor is your brother. While I appreciate the fact that he is deaf, I also can see where that could be a BIG factor. I have not previously stated this, as honestly, I found it to have no bearing on my son's abilities (A Four Year Olds Tale), my little guy is hearing impaired. His classmates seem to be just as aware of things around them, that no one else witnessed, as HE is.
AWARE of them.
Their TEACHER (he goes to public school) is FOND of saying "All right, OK, Attention back in the classroom. We will investigate later." When three or four (there are only six in his class) of the students jump up when a little misty girl walks by the doorway.
My brother is a Priest in the Indianapolis area. He is ALSO hearing Impaired. He works in the deaf ministry and prison ministries, as well as his myriad of other jobs there. HE is a firm believer in family members returning to guide loved ones home. He has SEEN it, he has dealt with it, and all with the grace of one who needs to remain impartial to the situation.
When we do not have the use of one of our senses, another one rises up and is sharpened to compensate for that. Scientific studies seem to prove that. Sight impaired people have been known to hear sounds minutes before those who HAVE that sense.
The combination of your age, (as you are twins) and his "impairment" (that is stated VERY lightly) and the nickname of the school seem to point to a personal phenomenon.
Thank you.
HorrorMovieFan (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-22)
I would of been pooping my pants... And running straight for the door or somthing:P😉
blayzeamyotte (3 stories) (10 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-21)
my bad for spelling it wrong but yes. I know that story. A lot of people call it dmu or just demont.
Lisamaxw (92 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-21)
Um, while I'm a little concerned that you continue to misspell the name of the university that you purport to attend -- I have to admit that the history of the founder of De Montfort University is a rather interesting fellow. Simon de Montfort, the 6th Earl of Leicester, married the sister of Henry III and was a crusader (although it's doubtful that he ever actually fought in the Holy Land). Anyway, he eventually had a falling out with Henry III and was killed in the Battle of Evesham in 1265 A.D. Simon was drawn and quartered, and the pieces scattered throughout the kingdom. His head, however, hung on London Bridge until it (the head, NOT the bridge) rotted. The pieces that they managed to find were buried in Evesham Abbey -- until Henry found out about it. He had Simon's remains dug up and replanted under a tree, saying that Simon didn't deserve to be buried on holy ground. Interesting fellow. Interesting tale, whether it's true or not.
blayzeamyotte (3 stories) (10 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-21)
yeh. Demonfort uni in the uk. I'm researching the history of the dorm building.
luvparanormal (12 stories) (268 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-21)
Did you mean De Montfort University in the UK?
Why don't you look at what the history is on your dorm and see if maybe you can find what might be lurking there.
That might give you a lot of answers to your questions.
blayzeamyotte (3 stories) (10 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-21)
demonfort univeristy. It does have a haunted history yeh. The building is quite old too. I'm not sure about if it was built over anything
nmg5789 (2 stories) (48 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-21)
thats really scary. I would be afraid to sleep in my room.

What school do you go to? Does the college or university have a history of being haunted?
babygirlacm (2 stories) (19 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-21)
i think that your dorm area was built over an ancient barriel ground and some evil spirit doesn't like you being there? I think you should get someone to bless the rooms

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: