You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Is My House Really Haunted

Real Ghost Stories

Is My House Really Haunted

 

My paranormal story sounds some-what fake but trust me, its all real. I'm only a teenager and have lived in my house all my life. Only in the past year or so I have been noticing a lot of weird stuff happening. The most recent thing that has happened to me was last night.

I was in my room trying to go to sleep when I heard a loud bang but no one else heard. It sounded like a fuse blowing up but every single fuse was ok. I then went back to my room and started to listen to my MP3 Player. I had just put brand new batteries in and as soon as I turned it on the batteries died and the air around me turned freezing cold.

Another thing that has happened to me was awhile back during my summer break. My friend was over spending the night. I had got up to go get something to eat and drink. When I was in the hallway leading to my room I heard someone say Bri. Thinking it was my mom I said, "what?" I didn't get any answer so I went running back to my room because everyone was asleep that I remembered.

My friend asked what she wanted and I said, "Who?" She meant my mom but I told her she was asleep upstairs. I told my friend that I left the light on and I was going to turn it off, it instantly shot. We looked at each other and murmured something that I couldn't even understand. About 30 minutes later around 2:30am we heard someone say, "This is my house, not yours. LEAVE!" All we did was turn on my light and stay up all night.

I'll tell you about the next thing that happens when it happens.

Other hauntings by Sparkie

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Tennessee

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Sparkie, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Lavender (1 stories) (14 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-31)
Hi again Sparkie,

The previous posts have a very good point about your age. If you are in your teens then not only is your body going through changes but probably your psyche as well. Not a bad thing! Just different, so prepare your self for an influx of new perceptions. They all also give good advice for you to heed.

Your later story mentions an angry man at a desk. Does this happen to be the same room you saw him in?

Have a fun & safe halloween!
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-22)
Keekee404 is RIght about battery died cause of engery drain from spirit that make them stronger.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-22)
You BOTH murmured something that you could not understand? At the same time? Did it seem as if you uttered the same sounds?
Honestly, it sounds to me like someone needs to set the record straight. If I had heard a message such as "This is MY home..." I would HAVE to say something to the effect of "This is the year 2008. I have purchased this home from ________ _______. And it is NOW in my possession. This is where I live, where are YOU?"
Often times, a ghost just does not KNOW that they have died, and need to move on.
It MAY have sounded hostile, but think about it. If you went home, and into your room and there was someone else's things, someone else was sitting there, how would YOU feel? You would feel (probably) as if someone had invaded your home and was trying to fit under the laws of squatters rights. You ALSO might become possessive.
I know I would.
What have you done to figure out who this is?
Thank you.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-21)
luvparanormal you have a vaild point.

Sparkie, may I ask how old you are?

There is a lot of research that points towards spirits/entities or even a persons own ESP can peak as one grows older... Something to to with puberty and the changes the human body goes through as it matures during that change.

If you are going through puberty then there is a good chance that something in the house is responding to the changeing energies coming from you or that something was attracted to the same.

It could even be something you are causing to happen as your body undergoes this time of transformation. Not caused by an outside source, but by you unconsiously.

If you have already been through this period in your life, well it will take more information to determine what is happening in your home. Please research the property and keep us posted.

I enjoyed this story, please keep us updated.

Rook
luvparanormal (12 stories) (268 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-21)
I have been told that were there is teenagers there is a lot of activity they attract a lot of energy for some reason.
I would do what ghostseer is recommending. Find out the history on the land I'm sure that your house was there before you were born so you might find something out there. Talk to your mom and the rest of the family normaly if you are hearing things and seeing things they might have too. They just might not want to say anything but if you approach them with it they might talk about it.
Good luck and keep us posted
keekee404 (1 stories) (23 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-21)
That's creepy! I think that your house may be haunted, but you said you've lived in it your whole life and you've just been noticing things in the past year, so I'm not exactly sure.
I think the incident on the first night was indeed some sort of spirit. Spirits drain energy from things when trying to manifest with energy such as batteries and yourself, which explains why it died out fast and why you got suddenly cold.
They also call names and such, so your second story doesn't suprise me either. I'm not sure what your religion is, but I recommend wearing crosses and putting them throughout your house. Pray regularly and next time you have an experience, tell "it" politely and respectfully that it is not welcome and you want it to leave. If things get bad remember God and your prayers and it should leave you alone. If your house is old or someone used to live there, you might want to research it to see if any previous owners or their family members died there.
I hope I helped you out some, take care! 😆
ghostseer (41 stories) (408 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-21)
Sounds pretty hostile, but either an entity with a history to the house... Or a something that is bent on frightening you. Take back the power and talk to your family about the experiences you have been having. As a group, you can ward off bad things by prayer. Don't have to be religious, but it helps to believe in the power of prayer. I use it a lot and it really makes a difference in slowing down, or chasing away a negative entity. Don't give in to fear... They feed on this. Extreme cold is a sign of impending paranormal activty, but not always... Try and not read anything into your surroundings. Find the history on your home and land surrrounding it. Do some research as knowledge is power, and you are far from being powerless... 😐

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: