You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Rest Home

Real Ghost Stories

The Rest Home

 

I submitted a story about the haunted trailer, and this is what followed after that one. We decided to move in with my aunt, my mom's sister. She lived in what was once a rest home for the elderly. She was a wild person, she liked to drink and spend most of her nights out on the town. She had 10 kids and them, myself, and my family lived in her house. (she rented real cheap).

One night my mom, my aunt and my other aunt went to the bar, and left us home with my cousin who was 18 and able to baby sit all of us, we were watching a scary movie on t.v. (We loved to be scared) it was getting late and our babysitter told us to go upstairs to bed, after the movie everyone was afraid to move, but we had to do what we were told. So one by one we marched up the stairs we had to go by the bathroom that was at the top of the stairs, everyone said they would see things in there, but I was yet to see anything. One of my cousins said they say a pair of glowing red eyes, and another one of my cousins said they say a older lady with really long thin hair standing in the door way.

Anyway, there were five bedrooms upstairs, and two bedrooms downstairs, that is where my mom, and my aunt slept. Two of my cousins and myself weren't able to go to sleep right when we got in bed, so we decided to talk about things from the past, like the trailer I used to live in, and the old farm house they use to live in. We both have had so creepy experiences.

When we were getting ready to doze off, we heard someone screaming, not for sure what was being said, but it was really loud. We decided to get up and go downstairs to investigate, as soon as we got half way down the stairs we looked over the railing and saw four little old ladies sitting on the couch, they had night gowns on, and they were facing toward the t.v. The weird thing is, is that my cousin who was baby sitting was sleeping on the couch waiting for our moms to get home. She was sleeping on her stomach, and I guess she didn't feel them on her.

We were scared out of our minds, we started to run back up stairs, and the bathroom light was flickering on and off, and the old lady with the thin long hair was standing in the bathroom door. My cousins that were with me were the same age as me, started to cry, we felt stuck, couldn't go down stairs because of the old ladies, and couldn't go back to our room because of the other old lady in the doorway. I didn't know what to do, I grab one of my cousins hands and shut my eyes and ran for the bedroom. My other cousin was still on the stairs screaming at this point, my cousin who was watching us came flying up the stairs asking my other cousin what was wrong, she proceeded to tell her, well by that time there was no one anywhere and she didn't believe us.

That's about the time my mom and my aunts came back, they were verbally fighting, one of my aunts had a cross necklace around her neck, and when she started fighting louder with my mom and other aunt, the cross necklace fell off her neck still clasped, and her eyes started rolling back in her head.

My aunt grabbed her right before she feel on the floor, and my aunt that lost the cross on her neck started speaking I guess you could say devilish words such as your a "whore", I'm going to kill you, let me go, but in a tone that was not her own. My family didn't know what to do, so they just let her lay there until she came out of what ever she was in.

At the same time all of this stuff was happening, the fire place went up in flames, and it didn't even work. Things started flying off the walls, and the shelves, it felt like the house was shaking from the inside.

About 10 minutes later my aunt got up off the floor and asked what happened, no one said anything. No on really knew. She got up and went to her bedroom as did everyone else and decided as long as nothing else happened we would discuss everything in the morning. We (my cousins) got up when we saw light outside, no one slept, went downstairs to see what was going on, and sitting on the top of the garbage can was a "witch craft book", no one touched it, and when my aunt got up and came into the kitchen, she wouldn't talk about what happened the night before. She told us never to talk about it, and never bring it up again.

That was just one incident of the rest home, there are a few more things I will tell you later. Thank you for reading, and have a nice day.

Other hauntings by cband

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Indiana

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, cband, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

succubiluv (1 stories) (365 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2008-10-29)
A final thought on this story:

In reading accounts about the supernatural over the years I've found that sometimes that which confounds practical reasoning, by whatever means, is quickly judged as fiction.


Some stories, however, recommend themselves as valid precisely because they, by whatever means, confound practical reason upon a first or second consideration; the story creates its own practicality out of its overall form and flow, offering no apologies for the shortcomings percieved against it.

For me, the above story falls into that catagory of paranormal accounts.
succubiluv (1 stories) (365 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-29)
Hi Charlemagne;

You mentioned in your post on this story that you found yourself wondering "how you all could have gone straight to bed and sleep after everything that happened".
Just a helpful note on that;
In line 5 of paragraph 9 you'll notice that cband covers that point as the account is closing out.
AussieRedDog (25 stories) (82 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-28)
Hey Cband, who cares what others think, if your nan says it happened, who's going to aruge? Quite a freaky story especially in a rest home. 😐
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-28)
Wow,
A lot of things to happen in one night, I'll just address a couple of details...

The book on witchcraft, I think that came from your Aunt. After having such a negitive experience she threw it out and urged no one to ever talk about it again because she wanted to put it all behind her. (basiclly forget about it, treat it like it never happened.)

Tonith seems very close to the mark, it is very possible that there are many spirits with-in the walls of this house, and some of them were more than likely 'not happy' or 'in their right minds' towards the end of their lives. If the nervous energy from watching the scary movies 'woke up' the spirits. Then as nerves turned into fear the spirits had more energy to 'work' with. Then you add the verbal fight between your Mom and Aunts and it feeds more negitive energy into the whole event causeing more things to happen.

I have to ask, the Aunt who's neckless came off and who "started speaking I guess you could say devilish words such as your a "whore", I'm going to kill you, let me go, but in a tone that was not her own." does she suffer from epilepsy or terets (sp) syndrom? (speaking random words for no reason) If not then purhaps her 'episode' was brought on by the stress that was happening around her that night. (ie: the fight with your Mom, the energy in the house ect.)

I find this story 'over the top' but beliveable. Thank you for shareing.

Respectfully,
Rook
cband (2 stories) (6 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-28)
hollyhobby, I'm sorry if I offended you, its just a little upsetting when you tell a secret about a family matter, and you get response's like these. Yes its true I should have really gotten into detail, but sometimes you just don't really want to remember the details, it would be easier for me to get in front of a group and tell this true happening, that way when people asked questions, it wouldn't seem so far fetched. Thank you for reading and once again I apology if I was a little angry.
Charlemagne (1 stories) (21 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-28)
Hi cband, thanks for the story. I find it very interesting and your experience frightening.

Still, I share most of the opinions of the other readers who commented on your story. I myself found it a little too fast-paced, jumped from one event to another... Perhaps you could have added more details, yes, too many loopholes... And yes I also found myself wondering how you all could have gone straight to bed (and sleep) after everything that happened (sounded pretty crazy). I'm just a bit skeptic 'bout this one.

Nevertheless, thank you for sharing your story. God Bless.
hobbyholly (11 stories) (572 posts)
-1
15 years ago (2008-10-28)
I only questioned about neighbors for this reason:

Maybe if they heard something they could have looked out their windows/doors and seen someone drop of the "witchcraft" book.

So much for "feeling free to ask questions".
cband (2 stories) (6 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-28)
and another thing, we werent allowed to talk about again. Does not mean we didn't talk about it secretly... 😲
cband (2 stories) (6 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-28)
yes, all of you arent the first to say its not true, but I saw, what I saw. I can understand most of the points you guys are trying to make. About the neighbors, who cares, I was to scared why would I pay attention to them, knew it was a witch craft book, because it said witch craft on it... Didn't submit stories on here to lie to anyone, maybe there is a few things I left out, like I said, was scared and some things might have got passed me... And if I was trying to make a movie out of this, I should wouldn't have started it like my first experience in the haunted trailer. Believe what you will, I know what I saw, and that was almost the worst experience of my life... But I do have one more to tell you and it happened in patrickburg Indiana. Thank you for reading... 😊
Schism (44 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-28)
Sounds like a wild and somewhat crazy night there!

I don't know how much of it I believe, and how much has been stretched, but what I do know is:

If I had the ghosts of 4 old women taking over my house, with several on my couch and one playing with the light switch in the bathroom, I'd probably wet my pants and never return to the house, even if it meant abandoning everything I own.

Seriously, that has to be the scariest thing I've ever imagined.

If ever there is a movie about such a thing, it should be titled, "When Nursing Homes Attack!"

Oh my goodness!
SnailBug (61 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-28)
Wow, that would make one heck of a movie... But I think they might have to subtract a plot or two because it would get so complicated.
hobbyholly (11 stories) (572 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-28)
Did the fire just randomly go out?
Did your babysitter stay asleep during the whole thing?
Wouldn't all this commotion wake up neighbors (unless there were none around)?

I find it hard to believe that when something this intense happens, you all decided to go to bed and never talk about it again.
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-28)
This story is almost exactly the same as your first one. You were all watching scary movies, the first story has a stinking man, this one has 3/4 old women. I would like to know more about the witchcarft book. I don't know sounds like 2 / 3 movie rolled in one to me.
succubiluv (1 stories) (365 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-28)
I believe this story is true.
Perhaps a few connectives are missing, or a bit of background.
The degree of wierdness is phenomenal; the manifestations are about as bold and upfront as could be, yet there is a sense of authenticity in how it strings together as a whole, not to mention that spirits have done everything mentioned in this story for ages through creating hallucinations as well as through full manifestations.
Other than that, the overall effect resembles a blending of real events with REEL events.
Ghostgirl24 (9 stories) (30 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2008-10-28)
I don't get this story, You said you found a witch craft book on top of the garbage can. How did you know it was a witch craft book? How can your babysitter sleep through all that screaming and running? How did it come to be that your aunt just automatically went from normal to possessed? I don't believe this story because there are way too many loop holes and it just doesn't sound authentic. Maybe you can answer these questions and make it sound authentic but I personally don't know how this got published.
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-27)
I don't know what to make of this story. You guys were watching scary movies, knew about the old lady that had been seen in the house and then you see old women seated on the couch and it ends up with your aunt seemingly possessed for a short time and top it off you then come across the book the next morning. It is highly possible that there are still spirits who no doubt were in a state of dementia when they passed and may still think that this is their home. That had to be one wild night to say the least. Frankly, I don't know if it was just mostly imaginations running wild or those spirits decided to make themselves known that night. Sounds like all hell broke loose. All that young energy could have been the catalyist. Did you ever talk about it to your cousins? Did everyone see the same thing? The part about the old women on the couch rings true to me. Does seem like the rest of it could have been your own energy taking on poltergeist qualities.
ghostseer (41 stories) (408 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2008-10-27)
I honestly don't know how to respond to what I have just read. Maybe if you tell us how you knew it was a Witch craft Book?...i don't know, it needs more detail as it feels like something has been left out. Us, the reader, we need to be able to find your point, and I can't quite grasp your experience. Most books written for Spells, etc, do not say on the Binder, or on the Book Front: Witch Craft Book. Could you clarify a few of these questions?...Thanks so much, Blessings, Ghostseer
Martin (602 posts) mod
+1
15 years ago (2008-10-27)
I gotta admit this story is very hard to believe but since her first one went through... I published it. Feel free to ask many questions 🤔

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: