You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Edgewater Girl

Real Ghost Stories

Edgewater Girl

 

It was during a company picnic, that I witnessed the ghostly girl at the park called Edgewater Park. It only lasted a few seconds, but it was so real to me.

We all gathered, co-workers, friends and their families, for our company gathering. Alcohol would be put on later at a different location. This was for only food and games.

We were playing horse shoes with a few others and it came time to eat. So there was turmoil of everybody running around to get ready for the feed. I walked to the far side of the pavilion to wash my hands at the restrooms. People were walking in all directions and there was quite a few. We are living in the eighties and the girl I saw walking up toward me was wearing clothes from the late western period. That was my best guess. Way out of character and out of place with our gender of dressing.

She had a long brown heavy skirt on with a white western style shirt and her long hair tied back. She looked to be in her early twenties. It was only a few seconds of a glace so I am not too vivid on the details. Her hands were lifting up her long skirt, as she walked. But I seen her passing and she knew I saw her. She smiled at me in passing.

No one else seemed to be aware of her. In just a second of passing me I turned for a second look of this out of character girl, and she was gone. There was no place to go or hide to be out of my view in that short of time. That was just not possible. She just simply vanished, never to see her again. But, for a brief few seconds, I did make contact with her. I just wish I did not let her out of my site. I would have liked to see her vanish.

I will always remember this as I have never seen a ghost before. I have had experiences but never had seen an apparition. Can't really say what she was. Could possible have been a time traveler. But one thing is for sure. She was real for seconds and then no longer existed. I looked all night and never saw her again.

Other hauntings by mulder81

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Minnesota

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, mulder81, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

EmeraldAngel (4 stories) (319 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-19)
What a friendly ghost 😊 It cool knowing not all of them are evil. Your story gave me somewhat peace for the moment. She was probly just a passing by ghost who liked the atmosphere and was enjoying the afterlife. Pray for her to always be happy and keep smiling. You made her day ❤
newport3783 (10 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-03)
she probably saw everyone having a good time and was wandering around as you all were just enjoying herself... Like you said you guys made eye contact and she smiled, so that means she meant no harm and probably wanted to have some sort of contact even if for a few seconds only... I'm sure you made her day just by seeing her when no one else could... 😉
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-27)
Thank you for sharring this story with us. I realy enjoyed reading it. I guess that this lady liked the area. Spirits tend to stay at places they are vcery attached to. I guess you were very surprised to see that she vanished. Thansk again. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-22)
Think of the ENERGY that is surrounding a company picnic! How wonderful that she acknowledged YOUR existence, as well.
Thank you.
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-22)
I liked the "time traveller" label as it seems that's what she was. An intelligent energy walking through time. I can definitely relate to your wish to see her vanish before your eyes as that would have helped "complete" the picture. And yet, even the short glimpse of her was a wonderful gift-one you should always cherish.

I wonder where she was heading to...
luvparanormal (12 stories) (268 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-21)
Very interesting. Have you ever been back there? It would be nice to know what might have happened with her and why she is still there. I like that she smiled at you at least you know that it was not a bad one. Or so it seemed.
Thanks for sharing

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: