You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: A Voice Crying Out In The Dark... The Railroad Tracks

Real Ghost Stories

A Voice Crying Out In The Dark... The Railroad Tracks

 

Driving into the deserted parking lot, my stomach filled with butterflies. I always felt energized and excited, when I could see the trail leading to the beach. I searched the dark for hidden dangers-before parking my car in the usual spot. Once again, the lot was completely empty.

I opened the car door and climbed out. The sea breeze filled my senses, and I found myself smiling. The fall weather was bringing a chill to the air, but I was dressed for the cold. Bending down, I tested my laces. They felt nice and tight, so I turned my attention to the path in front of me. It felt good to start the incline, and I never tired of the view at the top. I was walking at a fast pace when it happened. It was like an assault to my belly. My feet almost went out from under me. I felt like a crumpled piece of aluminum that had been tossed by the wayside.

It hurt... Not physical-it was emotional. A desperate act of a crying soul, he reached out in the dark, and dragged me to my knees. I didn't know who was he was, but it scared me to the core. My mind was racing, but I was afraid to move. I stayed where I was on the cold path, and waited for answers.

This wasn't the first time this had happened to me, and it wouldn't be the last. Time always feels like it has stopped, but I could hear the tick-tick-tick of my wrist watch. This simple sound alerted me to stay aware of all sounds engulfing me. I could the hear the far off horn of a coming train, and surf sounded like crashing bottles of glass in my ears. I started to shake.

Wrapping my arms around me, I stood. It was hard to catch my breath, and I could see the plumes of steam from expelled air into the night cold. It was desperately cold now, and I finally caved into the emotions pushing its way inside me. I sucked in a deep breath, and I felt him draw close. I could hear him growling with sounds of relief. His voice was coarse with age, and his face was but a few inches away. I stared into the foggy eyes of someone, who had stayed drunk far too often in life.

He said, "Find my body...don't let me rot over there " and he pointed to just over the ridge-somewhere in the vicinity of a bordering fence. The fence separated the train tracks from the trail leading to the beach. I tried to understand, I wanted to study the area he expected me to go, but I needed to know more. It was a big area he had pointed to.

I looked back to him, I needed some answers, but he was already fading away. "Wait!"...I cried out, but he couldn't. I struggled to see him. I would be on my own in less than a minute. I stared into his eyes as he faded into oblivion. The look in his eyes, it still haunts me to this day. I could read the regret, the deep sorrow of a life spent in wasted moments. I watched until he was gone, then it was time to get moving.

I could have turned away and headed back to my car, but I couldn't do it. Not once, not ever, have I turned away from a ghostly request for help. Staring into the dark, I moved off the path and headed into the brush lining the path. I searched along the fence, but I couldn't see anything that remotely looked like a body. As I was about to give up, I smelled it, and there is no mistaking the smell. The smell of death crawls over you with an odor that permeates your living flesh.

As I followed the smell, I placed a hand over my nose. The strong stench communicated, he had been there for a while. The closer I got... I started to see what happened to him. I saw him as he struggled on the train tracks, but the cheap booze flowing through his veins didn't allow him to move fast enough. I watched in horror as the train hit him. I won't describe what I saw next, but it was horrific, and I felt my stomach lurching at the colors flashing before my eyes. He didn't feel a thing, thank goodness.

Pulling out my cell phone, I dialed the local authorities, and as I spoke to them, I heard a whisper in my ear,

"Thank you..."...

Other hauntings by ghostseer

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ghostseer, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-04-22)
See what you started Fergie! I followed your comment over as well. 😉
However, I had read these a long time ago, when I was new here. And even then I felt they were a bit too much. They just don't ring true to me. You must have run across some of her adverts for her website, right? Plus, 41 stories? She was posting them 3 and 4 at a time too. She is a good writer, I'll give her that. But to me it was just overkill. I'm sure there was a creative writing course or two involved as well. But if you read enough of them, you will start to see certain patterns, formulas for success perhaps? But you won't see the little things, until later on. You will be reading someone elses experience and they will describe what it was they did to help some lost soul cross over. Or a descrption of what it was like to witness it. Then you will realize what was really missing from many of these accounts. The important 'little' details. Those things that make you feel as if you had been there too. Not the other extras that are thrown in as filler to hide the fact that there really was no substance to her descriptions that can be directly pointed to as amazing.
It's a trick. At least that's what I walked away with. Like eating chinese food. Thirty minutes later you are hungry again.

Jav 🤔
Fergie (40 stories) (1159 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-04-22)
Bluefoxx, Do you REALLY think so? Well, if you are correct, I have swallowed the bait, 'hook, line & sinker'. I think she is for real! Sorry if I don't agree with you, maybe I am just gullable! 😕
bluefoxx01 (81 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-04-22)
Fergie I have been reading through a few of ghostseers stories and I think there all a bit too well contrived. He has quite a good imagination and passes of as a very well rounded psychic, but I think its all a front for his/her real joy of pulling the wool over our eyes, as he grins like a cheshire cat from the shadows.
Fergie (40 stories) (1159 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-22)
Ghostseer, I can not believe that such a brilliant narrator never got ANY Karma points! You were such a prolific writer, are you still around? Did you run out of experiences? I don't think so. Was the current 'gang' around? I think this may have been before their time! I sure hope they come back to read your descriptive, haunting tales.
Thank you for sharing.
ToraOkami303 (1 stories) (75 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-22)
poor soul... He had no chance... But I'm glad he moved on... And was buried...
Another wonderful retelling ghostseer!

~Tora~
ghostseer (41 stories) (408 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-17)
Looney85: Thanks for reading another of my experiences. I do try to do the right thing!. Blessings, Ghostseer
looney85 (3 stories) (188 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-16)
ohhh wow! I'm so happy you were able to help that man... And god bless you for helping those who needed the most.

You use your gift very wisely.

Blessings...Neivy ❤
ghostseer (41 stories) (408 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2008-11-04)
Snailbug, I wish I could step away from the paranormal, for even one day. It isn't to be. I was born this way, and my poor Husband has been there for the most of the journey (I have known him since he was eleven and a half years old!). Can you imagine how helpless he feels at times?...Surprisingly, we are a strong, married couple, and I will do as I always do, I deal with whatever is thrown at me... Thanks for writing, Blessings, Ghostseer
SnailBug (61 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-04)
Yes it does, very much so, thank you for clearing up the confusion! I do not envy you, finding dead bodies...yikes.
ghostseer (41 stories) (408 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-03)
Snailbug, please check the stories in my blog, and see if they are written in the first person (I will usually say if they are my first hand account/experience, etc), or they are a "Ghost Story" written in the second or third person, or just a "Ghost Story"...for entertainment purposes. The blog is all about the paranormal, My Truth, Ghost Stories: real and entertainment, Helpful facts, etc. Does this clear up things with you?...
ghostseer (41 stories) (408 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-03)
In forty plus years, I have been lead to five bodies. No, it doesn't happen often, but when it does-it is disturbing, I usually get physically sick and vomit, and it never leaves my memory. The deaths are usually brutal, violent, horrific to see. Nothing funny about it at all...Ghostseer
SnailBug (61 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-03)
SnailBug (61 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-03)
I noticed on your blog you have at least one other story where a spirit asked you to follow them so you could find their dead body and "call the authorities". Do you discover rotting corpses frequently? If I were the police, I'd be suspicious of you, LOL.

Another story where you say you discovered a corpse (in an elementary school...?)

Http://ghostlyvoices.blogspot.com/2008/03/ghost-story-ghost-that-smelled-like.html
ghostseer (41 stories) (408 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-27)
Thanks for all the kind words. I have had a lot of incredible experiences. I try to help who I can, when I feel I am being guided to help. Things like this happen, wherever I go... 😐 Blessings, Ghostseer
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-27)
Wow what an amazing story! I realy ebjoyed reading it. Your writting is great! You sure know how to keep a reader excitted! Thanbks again for the story. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
Emma2008 (4 stories) (110 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2008-10-23)
You have a very well written story, one of the best I've read. Thanks for sharing. I peaked at your website and it's very interesting. I hope to read more of your stories.
ghostseer (41 stories) (408 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-23)
Yes, this has been happening to me all of my life. You can read more of experiences on my web page: www.ghost-e.com
madeleinecarroll (4 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-23)
Bloody hell! What an amazing story! Would love to read more!

Take it this has happened before then?
Has it always happened or did it just randomly start?

X
ghostseer (41 stories) (408 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-21)
ghostseer is what I am. My friends call me: The woman with one foot on the other side... My friends are a silly group, but I guess it describes me to the core. If you want to read more about me, I have a web page www.ghost-e.com
luvparanormal (12 stories) (268 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-21)
Thank you for sharing the wonderful story although might have been a bit startling, at least it would have been to me!
Awesome way of telling the story. I can honestly say that I felt as if I were there.
Your name "ghostseer" would this be an autobiography?

ghostseer (41 stories) (408 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-21)
We don't end-just because the body does... Our soul is eternal, and sometimes we get stuck in circumstances... Beyond our control. When it's my turn to cross over, I look forward to finding out "why" some of us get stuck between planes (in the physical world and the ethereal...)
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-21)
Wow! And, oh my goodness!

I am in awe of the story here.

Has this happened to you often?

Thank you for helping that man, As you stated in your story you could see years of regret and drink. He was still a person and you treated him with the dignity and respect due any one.

God Bless!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: